Author Topic: Something has to change. Suggestions?  (Read 7218 times)

Re: Something has to change. Suggestions?
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2012, 12:34:59 AM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649
I think Danny has to get Cousins at all cost.  I'd trade Rondo in a heartbeat for Cousins....IF that is what it takes....our Center and front court defense is HORRIBLE...KG can't play 40 minutes anymore and make up for the rest of the guys mistakes.

just trade for  get Cousins   and go from  there.

Cousins isn't freaking Bill Russell.  At this point in their careers, Rondo is a much better player than Cousins even before the character concerns are factored.

If we get the kid, I get the feeling you're expecting way too much.  He's good, but he's not that good.  He's an inefficient scorer and an average defender at best, although average is better than almost anybody on our team right now. 

« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2012, 12:39:13 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
I think Danny has to get Cousins at all cost.  I'd trade Rondo in a heartbeat for Cousins....IF that is what it takes....our Center and front court defense is HORRIBLE...KG can't play 40 minutes anymore and make up for the rest of the guys mistakes.

Cousins isn't freaking Bill Russell.  At this point in their careers, Rondo is a much better player than Cousins even before the character concerns are factored.

If we get the kid, I get the feeling you're expecting way too much.  He's good, but he's not that good.  He's an inefficient scorer and an average defender at best, although average is better than almost anybody on our team right now.

yea seriously Rondo has a much bigger impact than cousins. Scores 3 less ppg, but shoots 10% better, in addition gets us another 20+ points in assists per game while being one of the best rebounding pg's in the game ,and a clutch prime time performer .

Sorry not giving up Rondo for cousins straight up.

« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2012, 12:40:05 AM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
Nothing.

This team is broken.

1) Celtics are dependent on two older HOF to be their primary scorers. Waiting for someone else to step up.

2) Remember this was supposed to be Rondo's MVP worthy season. Yeah, me neither. I have given up on him ever improving as a scorer.

3) Jeff Green experiment has been a failure. He is Mr. Average. $36million flushed down the toilet.

4) Out of rotation players, only Garnett has shot blocking abilities. Teams have free passes to the rim when Garnett sits. Might be time to cal up Melo.

5) Not enough quality three point shooters on the roster. Majority of the three pointers come from Pierce and Terry.

5) They are the worst rebounding team in the league.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 12:49:17 AM by Change »

« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2012, 12:41:04 AM »

LEHGOCELTICS

yea seriously Rondo has a much bigger impact than cousins. Scores 3 less ppg, but shot 10% better, in additions gets us another 20+ points in assists per game while being one of the best rebounding pg's in the game ,and a clutch prime time performer .

Sorry not giving up Rondo for cousins straight up.

Danny needs to put together some kind of package for Tyreke and Demarcus centered around Rondo. Start anew with actual veteran leadership around them.

« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2012, 12:42:14 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Garnett needs to play 32 -35 minutes a night. Period.

Oh and Jason Collins needs to never start again. Or play. Ever.

« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2012, 12:43:55 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Garnett needs to play 32 -35 minutes a night. Period.

Oh and Jason Collins needs to never start again. Or play. Ever.
remember we won some games against scrub teams with him though, he was a willy veteran a week ago who was HUGE for us rofl
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2012, 12:52:57 AM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 722
Serious response; most likely what has to change is fans' expectations. 

If you look at the make up of our roster, it simply is not that good.  We're an old jump shooting team with one B level star  in rondo and two aging used to be stars.  We have zero I side defensive presence outside of kg.  The rest of the team is made up of just guys.

then how did we come within one quarter of playing in the finals last season ? are these miscellaneous parts (Green, Terry, Lee) such misfits for the Garnett Celtics style that they have ended up hurting more than helping ?
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2012, 12:58:58 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
Serious response; most likely what has to change is fans' expectations. 

If you look at the make up of our roster, it simply is not that good.  We're an old jump shooting team with one B level star  in rondo and two aging used to be stars.  We have zero I side defensive presence outside of kg.  The rest of the team is made up of just guys.

then how did we come within one quarter of playing in the finals last season ? are these miscellaneous parts (Green, Terry, Lee) such misfits for the Garnett Celtics style that they have ended up hurting more than helping ?

Rose got hurt and Bosh missed the first 5 games of the mia/bos series?When Bosh came back Miami wins the next 2 games.

If rose doesn't get hurt, the c's are out in the 2nd round last year IMO.

« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2012, 12:59:07 AM »

Offline mrpoundforpound

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 3
Nothing.

This team is broken.

1) Celtics are dependent on two older HOF to be their primary scorers. Waiting for someone else to step up.

2) Remember this was supposed to be Rondo's MVP worthy season. Yeah, me neither. I have given up on him ever improving as a scorer.

3) Jeff Green experiment has been a failure. He is Mr. Average. $36million flushed down the toilet.

4) Out of rotation players, only Garnett has shot blocking abilities. Teams have free passes to the rim when Garnett sits. Might be time to cal up Melo.

5) Not enough quality three point shooters on the roster. Majority of the three pointers come from Pierce and Terry.

jeff had a good game. he was one of the leading scorers today with 16. id rather have him over any forward coming off the bench today.

« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2012, 01:01:30 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
Nothing.

This team is broken.

jeff had a good game. he was one of the leading scorers today with 16. id rather have him over any forward coming off the bench today.

YEA 16 PTS on 29% Shooting.....

« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2012, 01:04:37 AM »

Offline mrpoundforpound

• Payton Pritchard
Nothing.

This team is broken.

YEA 16 PTS on 29% Shooting.....

name a better sf off the bench than jeff first

« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2012, 01:05:57 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
An outstanding coach??? ;D

Could you please elaborate on that for me?

He is called Greg Popovich. Possibly phil jackson.

These guys have never failed as coaches and always helped their team at least be contenders

« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2012, 01:09:03 AM »

Offline mrpoundforpound

• Payton Pritchard

These guys have never failed as coaches and always helped their team at least be contenders

jacksons overrated only won with the best players in the league on his team every year

« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2012, 01:09:30 AM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 722

Popovich is never leaving San Antonio and i wouldn't want Phil Jackson if he offered to work for free.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2012, 02:43:49 AM »

Offline syfy9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • We may as well put Tyrion in at center.

jacksons overrated only won with the best players in the league on his team every year

Are you saying Jackson doesn't belong in the Hall of Fame and at the very least in contention with the great coaches of all time?
I like Marcus Smart