Author Topic: Celtics (0-0) at Raptors (0-0) Round 2 Game 1 8/30/20  (Read 34118 times)

Re: Celtics (0-0) at Raptors (0-0) Round 2 Game 1 8/30/20
« Reply #435 on: August 31, 2020, 11:22:53 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
I know this is going to sound weird, but I kind of think that Timelord might be the under-the-radar key for us in this series.  He gave us a major lift today.  He was slow on a couple close outs to Ibaka, and I saw one other slow rotation.  But other than those plays, he didn't seem like he hurt us at all, while providing something for the Raps to worry about.

If he can play well for 20-25 min a game, be a scoring threat, and just play good def and change some shots it is so helpful to our team.
He just gives us something that we haven't really had all year, a big off the bench that the other team has to actively worry about on both sides of the ball.

I know we are going to get 15-25 from Tatum, Brown, Kemba and sometimes Smart.  Timelord is the unknown.  Imagine how awesome it would be if this year's playoffs were the big coming out for Timelord.  I am rooting for this so much.

He was my surprise guy coming into the year.  Then he got hurt and was just starting to get into a groove when the pause happened.  Four star, top 50 recruit, SEC Defensive Player of the Year and SEC 2nd Team All SEC, and he fell to us with the 27th pick. 
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #436 on: August 31, 2020, 12:05:33 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
I know this is going to sound weird, but I kind of think that Timelord might be the under-the-radar key for us in this series.  He gave us a major lift today.  He was slow on a couple close outs to Ibaka, and I saw one other slow rotation.  But other than those plays, he didn't seem like he hurt us at all, while providing something for the Raps to worry about.

If he can play well for 20-25 min a game, be a scoring threat, and just play good def and change some shots it is so helpful to our team.
He just gives us something that we haven't really had all year, a big off the bench that the other team has to actively worry about on both sides of the ball.

I know we are going to get 15-25 from Tatum, Brown, Kemba and sometimes Smart.  Timelord is the unknown.  Imagine how awesome it would be if this year's playoffs were the big coming out for Timelord.  I am rooting for this so much.

He was my surprise guy coming into the year.  Then he got hurt and was just starting to get into a groove when the pause happened.  Four star, top 50 recruit, SEC Defensive Player of the Year and SEC 2nd Team All SEC, and he fell to us with the 27th pick.

RWill can be every bit as effective as Gobert if he dedicates himself. They were very similar coming into their respective drafts. If Williams decides he want to be more than just a role player and instead an impact player, he absolutely can. Up to him.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #437 on: August 31, 2020, 12:42:14 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
i like Time Lord b ball instincts.  He is locked in ,  not day dreaming, when out there , not lost like many rookies.  He fits in good with Tatum and Brown , three quiet assassin 's.   He can run the court with them .  Celtics ball could be a wild ride next season . Kemba needs to eat his wheaties to stay with those three ..LOL

it seems our guys shoot better with RWill and Kanter on the court . Maybe its my imagination.    Id feel better or more comfortable about pulling the trigger knowing we got somebody who can rebound a miss.