Author Topic: Explain your screen name.  (Read 39822 times)

Re: Explain your screen name.
« Reply #45 on: April 09, 2009, 09:24:26 PM »

Offline Tnerb02

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 18
Tnerb=Brent spelled backwards. Which is my first name and 02 because 2 was my favorite number as a kid and 0 because putting an 0 in front of numbers makes you kool. It was T-nerb02 on the old site but the new site wouldn't allow hyphens in names.

« Reply #46 on: April 09, 2009, 09:25:59 PM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 301
  • ranter
Hi, I'm Jeff

;D
Faith and Sports - an essay by Jeff Clark

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." - Calvin (Bill Watterson)

« Reply #47 on: April 09, 2009, 09:29:06 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
Hi, I'm Jeff

;D

It's some sort of play on "jefe" right?
Yup

« Reply #48 on: April 09, 2009, 09:33:27 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Hi, I'm Jeff

;D

I always thought your real name was Pedro.

Perhaps Vlade? Gustaf? Heinrich?

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #49 on: April 09, 2009, 09:50:02 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
mine has kind of evolved over the years and different versions of celticsblog.  i started with "dark_lord_of_the_celts", which is a play on star wars, dark lord of the sith.  then i went with dark_lord_rises_again, and now its just dark_lord.

Its funny cuz I think thats all I've ever called you anyways.

everyone did, which is why i just kept it short and simple....dark_lord, lol

« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2009, 09:58:54 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
hongkyongnae was a rebel leader of a peasant rebellion from 1811 to 1812 in the joseon dynasty. (korea)

yeah, yeah, not too exciting....but at least educational.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2009, 10:05:04 PM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • ranter
Very lazy screen name:

When Celticsblog changed over formats and everyone had to re-sign up (I had previously been "WheresTonyBattie") Jeff had left a post that said something along the lines of "I know it's not great to have to re-sign up, but its a perfect time for you to change your screen name guilt free if you had a dated one like 'Start Orien."

Completely mindless, completely juvenille.

I really got a chuckle out of this at the time and surprisingly I always remember that when I see your name - TP for you

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." - Calvin (Bill Watterson)

« Reply #52 on: April 09, 2009, 10:09:33 PM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • ranter
by the way, my chat name "ranter" is my last holdover from previous message boards I was part of before I started this blog - it actually is a shortened version of my old website, SportsRant.net (not to be confused with the .com one)

someone told me one day that I went on an on about sports (often ranting about something) and that I should start a website, ...that was about 10 years ago (yes, they had the internet back then).  So yeah, this hasn't exactly been an overnight success.

« Reply #53 on: April 09, 2009, 10:27:41 PM »

Offline CoachCowens

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 9
Back when I found the old site through hoopshype I never realized it would become a must read everyday and really didn't put a lot of thought into it.  I liked Cowens as a Player and as a coach with Charlotte. His teams play hard like he did. Just my way of saying he deserves another head coach job.

« Reply #54 on: April 09, 2009, 10:33:14 PM »

Offline FatKidsDad

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 114
This one actually has its roots from when I would read CB, but had not yet become a member.  My son, pictured at left, went on a long streak of jumbotron appearances, starting somewhere around the 2006/2007 season.  He was getting recognized a lot around the Garden and on the T.  The capper for him was when a poster here wrote something like "The best thing on the jumbotron is that fat kid who dances in the tunnel."

Just for the record, he's pretty big, but not really fat.  The jumbotron adds ten pounds, you know.
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." - George S. Patton

"Live so that when your children think of fairness and integrity,they think of you." -   H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

« Reply #55 on: April 09, 2009, 10:35:35 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
This one actually has its roots from when I would read CB, but had not yet become a member.  My son, pictured at left, went on a long streak of jumbotron appearances, starting somewhere around the 2006/2007 season.  He was getting recognized a lot around the Garden and on the T.  The capper for him was when a poster here wrote something like "The best thing on the jumbotron is that fat kid who dances in the tunnel."

Just for the record, he's pretty big, but not really fat.  The jumbotron adds ten pounds, you know.

You've got 53 posts but your name and avatar is very familiar. Thats the sign of a good name

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #56 on: April 09, 2009, 10:41:59 PM »

Offline CoachCowens

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 9
Shortened version of my original "Redzdeadbabyredzdead" name.  Shortened to be more PC, when I became a mod.  The Redzdead...name drew a lot of question marks, and offended some, but it was simply a pun from Bruce Willis' Pulp Fiction response to the question, "Who's Zed?"...Zed's dead baby, Zed's dead.

Anyhow...Redz works.  My grandfather had red hair and his friends all called him Red.  My older daughter has the same red hair.

...and well, there you have.

My original name on CB was lars1038, which is a combination of an old restaurant nickname and my lucky number (yes, 1038 and 38 are my lucky numbers)

I was very jealous when you used it cause I use Zedsdead for my fantasy teams.

« Reply #57 on: April 09, 2009, 10:43:22 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
I was Nerf MVP because I wanted to convey the image of somebody who was really confident in their "Nerf" basketball playing ability. Then I somehow couldn't get back into my old account so I just went with DPOY instead of MVP. I guess that you can't be "MVP" every year, right?

« Reply #58 on: April 09, 2009, 10:52:17 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
I am a neurotic guy.

« Reply #59 on: April 09, 2009, 11:00:28 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Years ago I was "TN Celtic Fan" but someone else had almost the exact same screen name. I did not want anyone to get confused so I went with Chief when we had to start again with the new site. I don't remember anyone else having the name, so I took it. If I accidentally stole it from you, sorry. :)

Anyway, I don't think I have to explain who the Chief really is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCVkn4Dv9Bg&feature=related
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird