Author Topic: LeBron James: "I'm coming home" - Decides to Return to the Cleveland Cavaliers  (Read 13177 times)

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Mad props and respect to my favorite non-celtic player in the league.  Right decision by the greatest basketball player of our era.  Now I can root for my boy again (not against the Celtics of course).

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

Online bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593
With this decision, to show how much he cares about the fans, LeBron is personally buying everybody a free small slurpee today at 7-11.

So go down to 7-11 and get yours courtesy of LeBron.

(Seriously though, free small slurpees today at 7-11).

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
After reading his essay on SI, I've gained a tremendous amount of respect for LeBron.

You should have respect for his PR person.
I was thinking that, but I still like the whole deal and am happy with it.

One of the first times I was reasonably pleased with Bron and felt he did the "right" thing.

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
HOT SPORTS TAKE: Should LeBron be wearing a Miami championship ring in the picture with his announcement?  Is he shoving it in the faces of Cleveland fans and insulting the city?  I'm asking questions!

"POSE WITH YOUR RINGS ALL YOU WANT LEBRON, YOU'LL NEVER WIN ANOTHER RING IN MIAMI!"

*learns that he's going back to Cleveland*

"He's such a gentleman. So measured. So temparate. Good for James, good for Cleveland, and good for the NBA."
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50

FUN FACT!

Cleveland owns Miami's first round pick next year... from the Lebron trade!

Nevermind.  Didnt realize it was protected.  Miami is going to suck, so it probably will be a top 10 pick.

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
[dang] it, goodbye Kevin love...:'(

Yup. We can now prepare to suck for a few more years. Nice.

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
The most interesting thing I see in Lebron's "Coming Home" letter is that there is NO mention of Andrew Wiggins...

Foreshadowing?

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
NO mention of Andrew Wiggins...

They will either make him a running mate or trade him for Love.

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 221
Marc Stein ?@ESPNSteinLine  38s
Source close to situation says Kevin Love indeed "intrigued" by idea of being dealt to Cavs and would commit long there if traded there

Of course he's intrigued...get's to play in the weak East, with the best player in basketball, and his stats will look great.

Offline Waew

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 50
Chris sheridans rep wins.

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell

Seriously.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
The most interesting thing I see in Lebron's "Coming Home" letter is that there is NO mention of Andrew Wiggins...

Foreshadowing?

I haven't read the letter, but apparently it mentions Dion Waiters.  It's possible Cleveland's roster problems from the first Lebron era stemmed in part from allowing Lebron to have input on roster moves.  He's reportedly the guy who wanted to bring in Mo Williams, Larry Hughes, and Antawn Jamison while allegedly vetoing a deal for Amare Stoudemire because he didn't want to part with JJ Hickson.  (Other reports suggest that Phoenix wanted Cleveland to waive a physical for Amare.)
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343

Or at least it lives to gamble another day

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
Also seriously: I'm alternating my work music with that Skylar Grey hook incessantly.

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
Hoopshype has multiple rumors saying that Wiggins' camp expects him to be in Cleveland this year, although that isn't a lock by any means.  Still, better than nothing for now