Author Topic: Celtics (48-18) at Rockets (35-34) 3/18  (Read 76535 times)

Re: Celtics (48-18) at Rockets (35-34) 3/18
« Reply #285 on: March 18, 2011, 10:45:28 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Laughing on these boards should be off limits when we lose by over 20 points. Just my opinion, I am fuming.

Yea, how dare us laugh at some of the posters on here throwing in the towel when, in fact, this team is doing the EXACT same act as last year around this time? Actually, they started this act LONG before this point in the season last year. This team is old. They have to pace themselves or else they'll be burnt out come the second round of the playoffs.

here's the thing, though.  the celtics lost in the finals last season in large part because they checked out through large sections of the regular season.  home court advantage is HUGE in the playoffs, especially in the finals. 

if this team wants to win a championship, they are going to need HCA . . . or else they're going to need to be so good that they can win 3 or 4 straight games against their opponent (and they won't be if they've tired themselves out beating multiple teams on the road in the post-season).
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #286 on: March 18, 2011, 10:46:13 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Davis being your high scorer and being destroyed in the 3pt stat. Celtics are 1/9 right now. Not a good sign. Now I'm not bashing Davis (for once) I'm just saying that when you have the names you have on your team and a bench guy is your lead scorer, that's not good.
make that, the team's top 2 scorers in BBD and Green

« Reply #287 on: March 18, 2011, 10:46:23 PM »

Offline Megatron

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 136
Davis being your high scorer and being destroyed in the 3pt stat. Celtics are 1/9 right now. Not a good sign. Now I'm not bashing Davis (for once) I'm just saying that when you have the names you have on your team and a bench guy is your lead scorer, that's not good.

C's mailed it in, they will also mail in tommorows game if history serves right.

Time to block this team out until the playoffs guys, only 15 more games though so we wont have to wait that long.

« Reply #288 on: March 18, 2011, 10:47:02 PM »

Offline Adelaide Celt

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 206
Deliberately slept in so I wouldn't have to see this game. Painful enough just looking at the box score now :(
NO AMOUNT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL MANIPULATION, HORMONAL OR SURGICAL MUTILATION WILL EVER CHANGE A PERSON'S GENDER

« Reply #289 on: March 18, 2011, 10:47:27 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good

C's mailed it in, they will also mail in tommorows game if history serves right.

Time to block this team out until the playoffs guys, only 15 more games though so we wont have to wait that long.

yeah, second night of a back to back against a playoff team . . . might as well not even watch tomorrow.

at least this team will probably finish with a few more wins than last year, for all the good that it will do them in the suddenly much stronger east.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #290 on: March 18, 2011, 10:48:17 PM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
Laughing on these boards should be off limits when we lose by over 20 points. Just my opinion, I am fuming.

Yea, how dare us laugh at some of the posters on here throwing in the towel when, in fact, this team is doing the EXACT same act as last year around this time? Actually, they started this act LONG before this point in the season last year. This team is old. They have to pace themselves or else they'll be burnt out come the second round of the playoffs.

here's the thing, though.  the celtics lost in the finals last season in large part because they checked out through large sections of the regular season.  home court advantage is HUGE in the playoffs, especially in the finals. 

if this team wants to win a championship, they are going to need HCA . . . or else they're going to need to be so good that they can win 3 or 4 straight games against their opponent (and they won't be if they've tired themselves out beating multiple teams on the road in the post-season).

We lost HCA in almost every series since 2009 : against Chicago, against Orlando, against Cleveland after we stole it, against LA after we stole it... so I'm not sure it's that huge, I mean for almost every series in the past 2 years we had to go get HCA back by stealing a game on the opponent's homecourt and we did fine except against the Lakers.

« Reply #291 on: March 18, 2011, 10:48:46 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2706

yeah, second night of a back to back against a playoff team . . . might as well not even watch tomorrow.

at least this team will probably finish with a few more wins than last year, for all the good that it will do them in the suddenly much stronger east.

I'm pretty sure they will win tomorrow. It's just the way things go with this team

« Reply #292 on: March 18, 2011, 10:48:54 PM »

Offline outcry

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 133

If they go all out and don't rest their players during this stretch they won't even make the finals. They'll be gone in either the second round or the ECF, especially if they go 7 games in either of the series. I'd rather them pace themselves and rest the old guys a bit.
2011 PAPOUG CHAMPION

« Reply #293 on: March 18, 2011, 10:49:05 PM »

Offline YouCantHandleTheTruth!

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 31
Can't believe I didn't go to sleep in order to watch the game, it's 3:42 am here and I don't know why I'm still watching. Oh well. Good night everybody, hopefully tomorrow's back to back won't be as bad and will be a win. Who knows?

Same here in Italy.

But tomorrow night I'm not gonna watch the game, and I probably won't 'till the end of RS. And I've watched them all so far.

Goodnight.
The Celtic in me.

« Reply #294 on: March 18, 2011, 10:50:07 PM »

Offline The DarkPassenger

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 46

agreed, as long as they do keep an eye on HCA but health is the overall important thing. Plus giving the new bench guys some playing time will help them big later.
"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships." - Michael Jordan

"Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life."- Red Auerbach

« Reply #295 on: March 18, 2011, 10:50:14 PM »

Offline Tenacious D

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 232
in Bird's days, these types of games would happen once or twice a year ...Ah Celtics Pride, how far it has fallen.

It's not about pride. It's about legs. The season is longer, the PO's have an extra round, ghe guys are older and some are hurting. Plus it takes a lot of energy to play help D & movement ball to the wall for 4 Qs. Suspect they will be on cruise control til the end of the season.
"Celtics Bring Structure And Discipline To A Chaotic World"

« Reply #296 on: March 18, 2011, 10:50:51 PM »

Offline Defense

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 1

If they go all out and don't rest their players during this stretch they won't even make the finals. They'll be gone in either the second round or the ECF, especially if they go 7 games. I'd rather them pace themselves and rest the old guys a bit.

If the choice is between losing in the ECF or losing to the Lakers in the Finals, I'll take an early exit every time.

« Reply #297 on: March 18, 2011, 10:50:54 PM »

Offline ejk3489

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 215

Yeah but HCA will pretty much mean nothing if the players are all gassed by the time the playoffs start. Having the first seed would definitely be the best case scenario, but I think if they hold on to the second seed it's not the end of the world.

« Reply #298 on: March 18, 2011, 10:50:55 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
groan   ::)   has Sasha even made a bucket since he's been signed?

« Reply #299 on: March 18, 2011, 10:51:55 PM »

Offline Megatron

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 136

I'm pretty sure they will win tomorrow. It's just the way things go with this team

C'are 5-12 on the second night of back to back road trips.

Dont know what makes you think they will win tommorow.