Author Topic: Celtics (48-18) at Rockets (35-34) 3/18  (Read 76538 times)

Re: Celtics (48-18) at Rockets (35-34) 3/18
« Reply #225 on: March 18, 2011, 10:22:01 PM »

Offline ejk3489

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 215
Rondo is pathetic, he should be benched for many games for his attitude.

What attitude? I'm assuming this doesn't apply to the Big 3 who are also playing horrible.

His "I'm walking the ball up every time and either dishing it to get away from any play, standing still, or hogging to it till the end of the shot clock", or the fact he doesn't even try to chase Martin through screens and litterally walks on defense, the fact he is not giving a 10% effort... it's ridiculous, he is supposed to be our leader and he has mailed it in completely.

Ok, well I could say the same thing about Pierce, Ray, or Garnetts effort tonight but I don't see anyone questioning their attitude. It's pretty clear that Rondo is not 100%.

« Reply #226 on: March 18, 2011, 10:22:07 PM »

Offline The DarkPassenger

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 46
Doc really needs to sit Rondo for his own sake. This is painful to watch him play injured.

He's not injured.

If he was Doc wouldn't let him on the floor with 27 points down and a sure loss.

Both KG and Rondo himself said he was injured.  I'm not sure if that's an excuse to save face or not, but something's obviously off with the kid.

Plus Celtics might not be too up front about all injuries and they shouldn't be. Strange that a few days after being traded to OKC Nate goes in for surgery on his knee, and most of us were wondering why he was so off for so long. If the C's advertise every single injury then it gives a competitive edge to the other team.
"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships." - Michael Jordan

"Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life."- Red Auerbach

« Reply #227 on: March 18, 2011, 10:22:16 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
PP said this is a very important road trip...i guess not

Talk is definitely cheap.  Since the trade they have only played a few good games, even in many of the wins they have struggled.

« Reply #228 on: March 18, 2011, 10:22:37 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 660
  • MASTER OF PANIC
excellent effort tonight celtics. appreciate it

« Reply #229 on: March 18, 2011, 10:22:47 PM »

Offline Gomesfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 102
I had to change the channel!!! I am watchig th  Last Samurai on HBO no, I couldn't deal with this pathetic performance!!
L.A. Clippers
Derrick Rose Blake Griffin 4.11 5.3 5.15 6.11 7.15 8.11 9.15 10.11 11.15 12.11 13.15

« Reply #230 on: March 18, 2011, 10:23:39 PM »

Offline Errn

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 9
This team seems so disinterested. OK, good luck playing Miami and then Chicago! But no problem, Shaq will turn it around with his return! This team is just pitiful.

We're all deluding ourselves if we think this team is just coasting a la last year (although I get your sarcasm).

Nobody can deny the team's body language over the last three weeks. They know it's not happening.

Oh yeah, Shaq. Well, we'll see.

My other question is: why trade Semih for nothing? Couldn't we have used another 7-footer who could defend? Oh wait, JO to the rescue.

Wow. I never thought of it this way, but this is entirely possible. What if the players know that Shaq and JO are not coming back? They know we're not going to get 18 this year.

« Reply #231 on: March 18, 2011, 10:23:41 PM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439

What attitude? I'm assuming this doesn't apply to the Big 3 who are also playing horrible.

His "I'm walking the ball up every time and either dishing it to get away from any play, standing still, or hogging to it till the end of the shot clock", or the fact he doesn't even try to chase Martin through screens and litterally walks on defense, the fact he is not giving a 10% effort... it's ridiculous, he is supposed to be our leader and he has mailed it in completely.

Ok, well I could say the same thing about Pierce, Ray, or Garnetts effort tonight but I don't see anyone questioning their attitude. It's pretty clear that Rondo is not 100%.

Agreed on KG and Ray but no Pierce, he was the only one definitely p---ed at this result and tried to make things happen by driving to the hoop. And Rondo has been mailing it in for games, that's why I'm sick with him. And the alleged mysterious injury is an excuse for me, I don't think he is injured at all.

« Reply #232 on: March 18, 2011, 10:23:46 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 660
  • MASTER OF PANIC
i am going to watch college hoops. can't wait until tomorrow :-\

« Reply #233 on: March 18, 2011, 10:23:48 PM »

Offline YouCantHandleTheTruth!

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 31
seems like we are mailing this one in to focus on tomorrow right? jeez I hope so. we look like ****.

Nope, tomorrow night has nothing to do.
The Celtic in me.

« Reply #234 on: March 18, 2011, 10:24:27 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2706
the cheerleader/mascot dunking off the trampoline was the highlight of the night hands down

« Reply #235 on: March 18, 2011, 10:25:29 PM »

Offline TheTruth34

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 10
Should have just sat the 'all-star' starters at the half.  I'd much rather see Delonte and the new guys (Green, Murphy, Kristic) get run and more familiar with the system in live action.

« Reply #236 on: March 18, 2011, 10:26:25 PM »

Offline outcry

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 133
It's extremely obvious they're not trying hard tonight because of the back-to-back. They're playing at 50 percent right now. I guess that's fine considering the playoffs are coming up, but this will probably be the last game I watch until the playoffs.

I don't know about you, but I feel p---ed off and offended as a Celtics fan.

And after all, what's the point in getting embarassed in the first game of a back-to-back? To make sure to lose them both?

They're pacing themselves. It's obvious. I'm not defending them but it is what it is. There's no reason for me to watch the rest of the season because we all know it's going to be like this down the stretch. I don't feel like being p---ed off and getting stressed out. I already feel that way with the Bruins at the moment.
2011 PAPOUG CHAMPION

« Reply #237 on: March 18, 2011, 10:26:37 PM »

Offline YouCantHandleTheTruth!

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 31
Playoff run like last year is not gonna happen.

They know that and we're starting to realize as well.

Shaq and JO? Gimme a break..
The Celtic in me.

« Reply #238 on: March 18, 2011, 10:27:15 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
hard to feel confident about the post-season right now.  just like last season, early in the season i thought the celtics couldn't be beaten in a 7 game series; over the course of the season, that certainty has been eroded to the point where i have more confidence in at least 3 or 4 other teams.

this season we don't even have the comfort of the lakers looking worse towards the end to take the edge off.  the lakers look really good right now even with kobe not playing great.

the thought of watching the celtics play the 76ers or knicks in the first round is moderately horrifying right now.  either series would go for 6 or 7 games and tire the team out a lot.  
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #239 on: March 18, 2011, 10:28:10 PM »

Offline ejk3489

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 215

Agreed on KG and Ray but no Pierce, he was the only one definitely p---ed at this result and tried to make things happen by driving to the hoop. And Rondo has been mailing it in for games, that's why I'm sick with him. And the alleged mysterious injury is an excuse for me, I don't think he is injured at all.

Pierce shot 2-10, that's a bad shooting night no matter how you put it. He started out looking good, but did not look to drive to the hoop at all in the second half.

And there is no mysterious injury...it's well known that he has plantar fasciitis. Like I said in another post, that won't go away until the off season. Maybe it's just finally catching up to him. That, plus playing in the high 30s and low 40s minute wise with no capable back up all season.