Author Topic: Jackie Macmullan: KG is coming back to Boston next year  (Read 20252 times)

Re: Jackie Macmullan: KG is coming back to Boston next year
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2012, 08:55:06 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I see us trading one or both picks for veterans on big but short money. Pau? Josh Smith?

This is what I am in favor of. However our 2 mid round picks won't net us that attractive of a player. Im not sure what else we would have to offer outside of a Ray sign and trade and the draft picks.

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2012, 09:32:02 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I see us trading one or both picks for veterans on big but short money. Pau? Josh Smith?
Wouldn't be shocked by that either. I'd add tyreke evans, lamar odom, and sean marion to that list.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2012, 09:33:07 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Evans, Gasol, Josh Smith, fine.

Odom and Marion, pass.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2012, 10:09:15 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
Evans, Gasol, Josh Smith, fine.

Odom and Marion, pass.
Odom and Marion would probably only be for one pick, where for the first 4 the conversation would start with 2 firsts and grow from there.

I think trading a first for Odom would be a great move.

« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2012, 10:53:57 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
A side note to the paul pierce side of this discussion. It has been reported that the Cs worked outed out Harrison Barnes yesterday in Miami. This leads me to speculate that Ainge is exploring trading into the top ten. The only logical way I see this happening is a Pierce to GS,portland, or Sac trade. As i've just posted on the workout thread a Pierce +21+22 to GS for #7 and #30 could work. The only other way the Cs move into top 10 is by trading Rondo and you dont trade rondo for Barnes. Barnes cant be effective without an elite passing PG.

Not says I like the Idea but just putting it out there

Then the question is does KG stick around without pierce?

Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2012, 10:55:44 AM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
A side note to the paul pierce side of this discussion. It has been reported that the Cs worked outed out Harrison Barnes yesterday in Miami. This leads me to speculate that Ainge is exploring trading into the top ten. The only logical way I see this happening is a Pierce to GS,portland, or Sac trade. As i've just posted on the workout thread a Pierce +21+22 to GS for #7 and #30 could work. The only other way the Cs move into top 10 is by trading Rondo and you dont trade rondo for Barnes. Barnes cant be effective without an elite passing PG.

No team in the top ten is stupid enough (now that the Nets have dropped out) to trade a lottery pick for a 33-yo on the downside of his career and two 20-picks.

« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2012, 11:08:24 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 662
  • MASTER OF PANIC
KG and PP will return..Ray will go unless he takes a massive pay cut. Boston will add some midlevel FA and draft 2 guys in the first round (or move up)

Rondo, Bradley, KG, PP, Bass, Johnson and Moore return

that leaves about 7 spots they have to fill and they have money to do that

« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2012, 11:16:07 AM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065

We might move into the top 10 with Bradley + picks.

« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2012, 11:29:49 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
I would be very unhappy if we traded Bradley, he's so young and is only going to get better. If we move him I'd want someone who is more not less established than him.

« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2012, 11:32:14 AM »

Offline The Walker Wiggle

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 758
  • Pretend Hinkie
No team in the top ten is stupid enough (now that the Nets have dropped out) to trade a lottery pick for a 33-yo on the downside of his career and two 20-picks.

Huh?

Four or five lottery teams would jump at the chance to turn an overrated prospect such as Barnes (or Andre Drummond) into an All-Star and two later firsts. Let's hope Ainge is smarter than that.

« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2012, 11:33:24 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I would be very unhappy if we traded Bradley, he's so young and is only going to get better. If we move him I'd want someone who is more not less established than him.
It'd be a risk but one worth taking if you think you can get truly elite talent for Bradley.

I'm rather attached to him so I'd be sad, but that's the life of a fan.

« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2012, 11:38:46 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
It'd be a risk but one worth taking if you think you can get truly elite talent for Bradley.

I just think that if you trade a good young player like him coming off of surgery you are selling low.

I am also rather attached, he's has been my favorite Celtic in the second half of the year and I expect 12-16 ppg from him next year.

« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2012, 11:40:23 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

I just think that if you trade a good young player like him coming off of surgery you are selling low.
You could be, but if you're getting into the area of what you think is perenial all-star talent of the draft I don't think that's "low" for a second year player who was playing 12 MPG for much of this season.

Who knows what's going on though, odds are such a trade won't actually occur.

« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2012, 11:43:56 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 395
if DA manages to get Gasol, but still keep Rondo-KG-PP-Bradley... he deserves Executive of the Year 2013 already.
- LilRip

« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2012, 11:57:25 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421

Yet it happens looks at the trade that brought ray to Boston

Ray for Wally, D west, and #5

the likely hood of this trade going down would also get a boost if DA is willing to take on Biedris's contract, which is the same length as Paul's at 9mill per year.

Not says Im for this idea but it would be a major jump into rebuilding quickly around Rondo.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet