Author Topic: Jackie Macmullan: KG is coming back to Boston next year  (Read 20251 times)

Jackie Macmullan: KG is coming back to Boston next year
« on: May 31, 2012, 03:38:55 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3062
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
I don't know how credible this is having it been tweeted by someone else, but Jackie usually is pretty credible and if it came from Doc well thats all more to believe it. I mean if we fall to the Heat but at the end of the day the Celtics let alone the NBA has KG back one more year I'm happy.

Jackie Mac on Celtics pregame said after talking with Doc, he said Kevin is coming back and isn't playing anywhere else (than Boston)
https://twitter.com/MrTrpleDouble10/statuses/207983006495932416
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

Re: Jackie Macmullan: KG is coming back to Boston next year
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 03:42:05 AM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
I'd like to see the video of this first before coming to conclusions.

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2012, 03:45:58 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Whatever the viability of Jackie's sources, I've felt the same all along, that KG and Rondo are the two sure bets for next season. I don't see that changing, except under very unusual circumstances.

I felt pretty sure about Paul for a while, but it's obvious now that he's expendable ... man, I hope that doesn't happen, as I can't imagine seeing the Truth in another jersey, playing against us on the parquet.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2012, 05:48:06 AM »

Offline kenmaine

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 25
  • Boston 104, New York 59
Let's hope so.
KG is still a game-changer. Of course, he could miss the whole season with an injury, but it's worth the risk. Without him, they'd be lucky to make the playoffs.
Keep KG, Rondo, Avery Bradley, and Pierce next year. Maybe the rookies who haven't had a shot yet.
The bench?-  pretty much trash.

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2012, 06:38:33 AM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
Good, we NEED to get him a valuable backup OR TWO this offseason though. He can't be relied on to have huge minutes every night next year.

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2012, 06:43:03 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
Whatever the viability of Jackie's sources, I've felt the same all along, that KG and Rondo are the two sure bets for next season. I don't see that changing, except under very unusual circumstances.

I felt pretty sure about Paul for a while, but it's obvious now that he's expendable ... man, I hope that doesn't happen, as I can't imagine seeing the Truth in another jersey, playing against us on the parquet.

Agreed.  KG is a pretty loyal guy.  He wasn't sure he wanted to leave the crappy Wolves because of loyalty.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2012, 07:10:43 AM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
Let's assume this is true for a moment.  That makes our starting roster next year:

Rondo
Bradley
Pierce
PF/C
Garnett

If Bass takes the $4M option, I think he's our starting PF.  If that is the case, we have the same starting 5 returning next year that had a 70% winning pct after the all-star break.

Then we add the following to that lineup:

Jeff Green
Mikael Pietrus
JJJ
Stiemer
Draft pick #1
Draft pick #2
Etwaun Moore/2nd Rounder

If Ray decides to take a hometown discount and sign a 1-year on short money, he is added to our bench.

Take out Wilcox/Dooling/Oneal contracts, shave off some money from KGs and Rays, or remove Ray altogether, and we have a decent sum under the cap I believe to sign a solid rotation player.  We could use another SG or PF/C.  Who should that be?

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2012, 07:37:00 AM »

Offline EDWARDO

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 93
I see us trading one or both picks for veterans on big but short money. Pau? Josh Smith?

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2012, 07:47:36 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I hope Bass isn't our starter at the 4.   He is decent but really a bench guy.  I think Hasleem has played better than him.

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2012, 07:52:17 AM »

Offline cdiraimo

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2

I hardly ever post but more like to read people's thoughts on this blog... but wow saying Paul is expendable??? Where has that come from.. the man is playing good so far this post season he killed it against Atlanta with everyone raving about him. He is now playing against/guarding the best player in the league, what do you expect, and he still had 20+ points last night.  This team is old and the schedule sucks right now... how is he expendable and who do you even think could replace his production the C's could get next season? the FA market is horrendous.
Reckless comment

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2012, 08:03:44 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

I hardly ever post but more like to read people's thoughts on this blog... but wow saying Paul is expendable??? Where has that come from.. the man is playing good so far this post season he killed it against Atlanta with everyone raving about him. He is now playing against/guarding the best player in the league, what do you expect, and he still had 20+ points last night.  This team is old and the schedule sucks right now... how is he expendable and who do you even think could replace his production the C's could get next season? the FA market is horrendous.
Reckless comment
Jeez, You might want to make sure of people's intent and perspective before you call their comments "reckless" ... you completely took this the wrong way.

As anyone here who knows me is aware, Paul Pierce is my favorite player, bar none, and I in NO WAY meant he is expendable as far as I am concerned.

I simply meant he is expendable as far as management is concerned, as they already tried to trade him at least twice this season.

I hope, as much as anyone on this blog that the Truth retires as a Celtic, and that the organization does whatever is needed to insure that end.

But after the moves Danny has already made, it's clear that he will trade Paul in a second if he feels it's for the best, in his opinion.

Wow ... seriously can't believe anyone would get that interpretation from what I wrote. But it's always best, especially in this cyber world of misunderstanding, to make sure of another's meaning before attacking their statements.

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2012, 08:20:09 AM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 176

If KG and Rondo are here, not a prayer in hell that Pierce isn't as well.  They won't amnesty him, they won't trade him.  KG won't make that kind of commitment unless he's confident that his boys are right there alongside him. 

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2012, 08:26:20 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

If KG and Rondo are here, not a prayer in hell that Pierce isn't as well.  They won't amnesty him, they won't trade him.  KG won't make that kind of commitment unless he's confident that his boys are right there alongside him. 
Let's hope so ... it would be a crime to not have Paul retire as a Celtic ... truly. In an NBA world where a player rarely spends his entire career in one city anymore, such loyalty and commitment should be rewarded, whatever that entails. Sadly, I don't think Ainge feels the same, in lieu of the bottom line.

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2012, 08:44:03 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
KG is about the only C's FA besides Green and Steimsma that I'd really want to bring back.  Wouldn't mind bringing Moore back to see what he can do with a full summer league and training camp.

tired of Ray's health issues.  Tired of Pietrus, Dooling, Quisy and Sasha not producing when in a game.  Definitely want no part of Hollins or even Williams for that matter.

If anything, this season (particularly the postseason) has again highlighted the importance of Danny getting some bigs that can rebound.  Either that or get a coach that employs a defensive scheme that leaves our players in a better position to control the boards.

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2012, 08:52:19 AM »

Offline DavorCroatiaFan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 97
Man, i hope KG tells Danny:
-i'm gonna stay another year. I would take vet.min if you can bring me another all-star big to kick Heats ass next year...
No1 Celtics fan in Croatia