Author Topic: Doc,Ray,Rondo and KG calling out the refs after game 2  (Read 25439 times)

Re: Doc,Ray,Rondo and KG calling out the refs after game 2
« Reply #45 on: May 31, 2012, 08:06:17 AM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
It's got to be deflating if you are Paul Pierce and you know that you literally can't even body up on Lebron when he posts on you and its going to be called a foul. He got called for 2 different fouls when he put his arm on Lebrons back to body him in the post. Forgot you couldn't defend down there.

Lebron shot 24 foul shots by himself, and he barely went to the hoop. All the his FTA's came on bailout calls cause his jumper didn't fall. It's sickening.

How about the bailout Wade foul where Pierce goes straight up is even backing away, and Wade with no chance in hell of the ball going in the hole spinning around backwards creates the contact and just flicks it up and is awarded the foul. It was just disgusting.
thanks for reminding me of that one, very bad call as well, wade created the contact, pp went up straight

« Reply #46 on: May 31, 2012, 08:14:04 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
The one that got me really really angry was the part where Wade slapped Rondo in the face and no calls were made...

I wanted to throw my remote at the TV at that point. Like how do you miss that

I believe they did not miss that. They just didn't wanna call it because Boston would be up with a minute left. This is the Kobe elbow to Mike Bibby all over again. Obvious biased officiating.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #47 on: May 31, 2012, 08:19:42 AM »

Offline eugen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 40
Refs has a part of reason why we did not win yesterday. But we have to be sincere and to look at our problems. Cs have 11 point advantage and they did not close the game. In 4rth quarter we see very very selfish play by all players.

« Reply #48 on: May 31, 2012, 08:54:51 AM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
I think of it like this:

1) Lebron and Wade attack the rim more than just about anyone in the league, and the celtics are a jump shooting team. Against the heat, until Paul Pierce and Ray Allen start playing like its 2006, and rondo attacks the rim consistently like he did tonight, we're always gonna have a free thrown discrepancy.

2) superstars get calls. Lebron and Wade are two of the games biggest.

3) refs are human, and screw up calls, often in favor of the home team and superduperstars. The heat had both tonight.

I believe my 3 reasons, because believing the alternative (that there is a concerted effort on behalf of the league for the heat), just makes it unfun to watch.

I agree with this but I am sorry, there is no amount of "aggressiveness" that should lead to one guy on a team shooting 24 foul shots.

Don't worry!! Its only the most an opponent has had against the Celtics ever!!

Apparently it was the most aggressive Lebron has ever been in his career. Only explanation

« Reply #49 on: May 31, 2012, 09:03:07 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Can anyone give a synopsis of Doc's comments about the refs last night, or better yet post a video?

I missed it, and they haven't put his ref comments on the snippets they put up on NBA.COM.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #50 on: May 31, 2012, 09:24:09 AM »

Offline Shoot the J

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 33
I'll always watch the C's no matter how bad it gets because I love this team. They played GREAT and they put it all out there.

With that said, it's laughable when Dwayne Wade gets his first foul with 3 minutes left in the half. And even moreso when LeBron James, the guy who ESPN said last night could have also been the defensive MVP, gets whistled for his first foul late in the 3rd quarter (and ended up with 2).

There's really no way to say any of this without sounding like a bitter, excuse-making homer, but I openly believe that refs took this game....lopsided number of calls, Rondo head shot, Pierce fouling out on a BOGUS call, offsetting fouls that should have been no calls....too much to ignore.

It really makes it that much more special that the C's were able to hang til the end and still have a chance to steal one given what they were facing. With the fans behind them, it's entirely possible to take both home games. Go C's

« Reply #51 on: May 31, 2012, 09:37:38 AM »

Offline karimb

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 47
you can see it here http://www.csnne.com/pages/celticsvideo?PID=uvXM2-d3os0AK7_g_J0qA5nonUEj_oH7jrSTkZ Rondo looked like he wanted to cry when asked about this.
My portfolio website: www.freshcontrast.com

« Reply #52 on: May 31, 2012, 09:39:54 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Does anyone have a link of Rondo's post-game press conference, when asked about the no call?? boy, I saw it on ESPN and it really crushed me inside... :'(

No link, but I saw it live. Props to Ray Allen for stepping up and saying, "I'll say it. He got hit."

Regarding IP's post, I'm really not in a mood to rationalize away the first two games. He may be right, but there's a growing body of evidence suggesting that he isn't. Last night was a good night for Stern, with the league's team getting the top pick in the lottery. If you're surprised about that one, let me tell you a story about the Tooth Fairy ...

The only thing I know to do conclusively is hit them in the wallet. I've cancelled League Pass, and I urge anyone on this board who's upset about the playoffs and has a subscription to do the same.

The only thing David Stern understands is money.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #53 on: May 31, 2012, 10:04:44 AM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
I think of it like this:

1) Lebron and Wade attack the rim more than just about anyone in the league, and the celtics are a jump shooting team. Against the heat, until Paul Pierce and Ray Allen start playing like its 2006, and rondo attacks the rim consistently like he did tonight, we're always gonna have a free thrown discrepancy.

3) refs are human, and screw up calls, often in favor of the home team and superduperstars. The heat had both tonight.

I believe my 3 reasons, because believing the alternative (that there is a concerted effort on behalf of the league for the heat), just makes it unfun to watch.

Have to disagree with you on point 1 especially early in this  game at least.  The Celtics were clearly the agressor driivng to the hoop and the Heat were the jump shooting team yet even then at one point in the 1st quarter we had 8 fouls to the Heat's ZERO

I found it odd that they kept showing DWade's block on Ray the Breen said "ignited" the Heat's comeback.  If you look at the replay (and who couldn't since they showed it 5 times!).  Wade clearly made contact low with a forearm to Ray as he was going up for the shot.  That changed his jump and timing and allowed the block. 

There is no way that Wade and Lebron and even Battier played 40+ minutes as agressive as they played on the perimeter and only had 2 fouls a piece.  We had 33 fouls called on us compared to 18 for them and yet we were the agressor for at least half the game..

« Reply #54 on: May 31, 2012, 10:08:49 AM »

Offline snowball

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 47
NBE strikes again !

Corruption AT THE TOP.

« Reply #55 on: May 31, 2012, 10:12:46 AM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
I think of it like this:

Have to disagree with you on point 1 especially early in this  game at least.  The Celtics were clearly the agressor driivng to the hoop and the Heat were the jump shooting team yet even then at one point in the 1st quarter we had 8 fouls to the Heat's ZERO

I found it odd that they kept showing DWade's block on Ray the Breen said "ignited" the Heat's comeback.  If you look at the replay (and who couldn't since they showed it 5 times!).  Wade clearly made contact low with a forearm to Ray as he was going up for the shot.  That changed his jump and timing and allowed the block. 

There is no way that Wade and Lebron and even Battier played 40+ minutes as agressive as they played on the perimeter and only had 2 fouls a piece.  We had 33 fouls called on us compared to 18 for them and yet we were the agressor for at least half the game..

For years now that's been the case with fouls especially for Lebron. They will not call fouls on him. He plays extremely physical on d and is constantly bumping guys.. he was just shoving KG a few times down low and was bumping Pierce on the perimeter non-stop.

Pierce doesn't play as physical or as aggressive on D as Lebron but they will call every little bump on him it is the most absurd double standard ever

« Reply #56 on: May 31, 2012, 10:22:11 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1561
I'll always watch the C's no matter how bad it gets because I love this team. They played GREAT and they put it all out there.

With that said, it's laughable when Dwayne Wade gets his first foul with 3 minutes left in the half. And even moreso when LeBron James, the guy who ESPN said last night could have also been the defensive MVP, gets whistled for his first foul late in the 3rd quarter (and ended up with 2).

There's really no way to say any of this without sounding like a bitter, excuse-making homer, but I openly believe that refs took this game....lopsided number of calls, Rondo head shot, Pierce fouling out on a BOGUS call, offsetting fouls that should have been no calls....too much to ignore.

It really makes it that much more special that the C's were able to hang til the end and still have a chance to steal one given what they were facing. With the fans behind them, it's entirely possible to take both home games. Go C's

yeah well sijnce we got HOSED by the miami cheat refs we have no choice but to win both home games or this SERIES IS OVER. Too much pressure. we had to get a split in miami. we got screwed...again. i am literally sick. Crap like this is why many fans consider the NBA a joke and bailed out years ago.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #57 on: May 31, 2012, 10:33:43 AM »

Offline prov1ml34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 68
I think of it like this:

I understand your point and most games, this is true. However, last night the Celtics had 25 shots at the rim vs. the Heat's 26. That tells me they were attacking just as much as the freaking Heat. Yet, the free throw discrepancy was 18 in favor of the Heat.
DKC Dallas Mavericks                         
PG: Darren Collison
SG: OJ Mayo
SF: Jae Crowder
PF: Dirk Nowitzki/Jackie Carmichael
C: Brandan Wright/Rudy Gobert
Coach - Rick Carlisle

« Reply #58 on: May 31, 2012, 11:10:20 AM »

Offline letsgoblue86

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
you can see it here http://www.csnne.com/pages/celticsvideo?PID=uvXM2-d3os0AK7_g_J0qA5nonUEj_oH7jrSTkZ Rondo looked like he wanted to cry when asked about this.
Thank you. TP.

« Reply #59 on: May 31, 2012, 11:40:01 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 395
i haven't had much time to go on these forums anymore, but i just had to stop by to say that if  hitting guys across the head is considered as good D, then we've got a potential DPOY in Ryan Hollins.

that was perhaps THE biggest blown call of the night. Rondo could've potentially gone to the line to put the Celtics up two, but gets a no-call, he misses the layup, he goes down, and the Heat are basically playing 5v4. Haslem scores and all the momentum shifts back to the Heat. #smh
- LilRip