Author Topic: Delonte West Breaks his wrist  (Read 10736 times)

Re: Delonte West Breaks his wrist
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2009, 12:29:01 AM »

Offline BrickJames

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 185
  • Master Mason
Too bad, but he was going to get injured at some point. He always does.

Yeah because he plays like a madman, a real scrapper.  It's not like he tried to dunk after the whistle or anything.
God bless and good night!

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2009, 12:37:07 AM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
Every team faces adversity at some point.  Now it's the Cav's turn, with both Ilgauskas and West out.

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2009, 12:40:20 AM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
This is a bigger injury for the Cavs than Z.  Cavs were missing 3 starters tonight (Z, Ben and Delonte) and it showed as the game wound down.  Sasha is a nice role player, but his weaknesses really shine through when he has to play extended minutes.  I am not near as confident about the Cavs next few games without Delonte.  He is their best perimeter defender and was one of the best 3 point shooters.  Luckily it is his non shooting hand and it is rumored to be a diplaced fracture.  If that is true, he could possibly play tomorrow (although highly unlikely).  I am hoping he is out 1 week, tops.  The Cavs need him.

Look for an expedited trade of Wally if Delonte is going to miss signifcant time

Hey Mac, since you are the resident Cavs expert, do you think it is/was a guarantee Wally was going to be dealt? What with the whole if it ain't broke don't fix it theory, I mean if the Cavs are in first why deal Wally for say Vince Carter (just an example).

And that really sucks about Delonte, every true Celtic fan, still has a lot of love for him.

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2009, 12:45:37 AM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg
Its sad to see Delonte go down...

I love him, except when he hits dagger threes against us. Anyone else remember LeBron taking it down the lane on the fast break against Delonte when he was still on the C's and then just plowing into him and dunking the ball. It was an embarassing facial dunk... I wonder if they talk about it.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 12:59:38 AM by Rondo_is_better »
Grab a few boards, keep the TO's under 14, close out on shooters and we'll win.

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2009, 12:52:12 AM »

Offline WayneKreklow

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 9
Sad for Delonte, the only guy I like on that team.

On a separate note, Lebron has taken the art of complaining to officials to a new art tonight. Is it just me or is this guy whining more and more each game?

« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2009, 01:01:19 AM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!

I love him, except when he hits dagger threes against us. Anyone else remember LeBron taking it down the lane on the fast break against Delonte when he was still on the C's and then just plowing into him and dunking the ball. It was an embarassing facial dunk... I wonder if they talk about it.

That is pretty funny, "Hey remember that time, I dunked in your face and you fell down, and it was all over sportscenter, yeah, that was fun."

I still think it was a charge, have to see it now though, knowing Delonte is no longer a Celtic may sway my stance.

« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2009, 01:08:40 AM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg

That is pretty funny, "Hey remember that time, I dunked in your face and you fell down, and it was all over sportscenter, yeah, that was fun."

I still think it was a charge, have to see it now though, knowing Delonte is no longer a Celtic may sway my stance.

oh god it totally was. Huge charge. I remember being so angry about that call. I jumped up off my couch and just started  signaling furiously that it was going the other way.

I guess since Lebron was the league's new darling at the time and Delonte was a no name you could expect that call to go in favor of the guy providing the highlight. 
Grab a few boards, keep the TO's under 14, close out on shooters and we'll win.

« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2009, 01:50:07 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Yeaahhh!!! That's what I think Screw him he's a Cav now. I can't believe there is 4 teams with this good of record. This may go a long way into help the Celts secure 1st place in the east.

We need 1st one more year, to win again. And the next year we can finish 3rd or maybe fourth but still wain one more. :) ;) :D ;D :o

« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2009, 02:48:28 AM »

Offline Green Lantern

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 4
Dems da breaks!   ;)

I gotta say this will help the C's with Cleveland playing the Hornets, then away games to the Lakers, Blazers and the Jazz in four of their next five...

« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2009, 03:56:45 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
I hope Delonte will be back soon.
He's an ex-Celtic and a likeable player.
Plus, I don't want any "Bynum talk"  ;)

« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2009, 05:36:00 AM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
that sucks. i like Delonte, but i honestly think that his absense will hurt the Cav's. Delonte is a good player.

« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2009, 09:13:39 AM »

Offline CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 353
Too bad about Delonte.  But let's be real, when was the last time he actually ever used his right hand?

« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2009, 09:39:37 AM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Good for us. I have no love for that kid anymore, he plays for the # 1 enemy.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2009, 09:42:12 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
Good for us. I have no love for that kid anymore, he plays for the # 1 enemy.

he got traded to the lakers? when did this happen?  ;D
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2009, 09:44:06 AM »

Offline MMacOH

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 129
This is a bigger injury for the Cavs than Z.  Cavs were missing 3 starters tonight (Z, Ben and Delonte) and it showed as the game wound down.  Sasha is a nice role player, but his weaknesses really shine through when he has to play extended minutes.  I am not near as confident about the Cavs next few games without Delonte.  He is their best perimeter defender and was one of the best 3 point shooters.  Luckily it is his non shooting hand and it is rumored to be a diplaced fracture.  If that is true, he could possibly play tomorrow (although highly unlikely).  I am hoping he is out 1 week, tops.  The Cavs need him.

Look for an expedited trade of Wally if Delonte is going to miss signifcant time

Hey Mac, since you are the resident Cavs expert, do you think it is/was a guarantee Wally was going to be dealt? What with the whole if it ain't broke don't fix it theory, I mean if the Cavs are in first why deal Wally for say Vince Carter (just an example).

And that really sucks about Delonte, every true Celtic fan, still has a lot of love for him.

It was pretty much certain Wally was going to get dealt anyway, and word around Cleveland has been that Ferry wanted a 2 or 3 instead of a big.  Gerald Wallace's name has been coming up more and more.  

As for if it ain't broke don't fix it, well the Cavs are broke with these 2 inujuries and although the injuries aren't permanent, they do show how weak the Cavs can be if they have injuries.  Someone talked about the defense collapsing on Lebron last night like Boston did in the playoffs last year.  That is true, and that type of defense will work very well when the cavs are missing two key shooters (z and West).  The Cavs can't spread the floor as well with both of them out.