Author Topic: A Cs fan's dilemma  (Read 4377 times)

Re: A Cs fan's dilemma
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2009, 03:06:17 PM »

Offline WaltonsIllegitimateSon

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 7
I agree with the "never root for the Lakers" opinion.  Maybe the best we can hope for here is that San Antonio comes along and beats all those guys!  Then loses to the Cs, of course...

Re: A Cs fan's dilemma
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2009, 03:10:41 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
Been awhile since I've posted, but I have what I think might be an interesting question so I figured I'd throw it to the board.  As some of you may know, my new job has me basically living alone; my GF is in a different state so we see each other only every few weeks or so.  Most of the people I work with are married with kids, so I spend a lot of time by myself.  The downsides of this are pretty obvious, but the upside is that I get to live the bachelor lifestyle for a year or two, including watching an unhealthy number of NBA games. 

Anyway, in looking ahead to this weekend's games, I see that the 2 teams ahead of us in the East (Orlando and Cleveland) are playing the 1 team ahead of us in the West (Lakers), in LA on Friday and Monday nights, respectively.  My question is, who should I root for when watching what should be a good couple of games?  Orlando and Cleveland losing obviously helps us climb the ladder in the East, which is more immediately useful to our playoff chances, but that would require cheering for the Lakers, which I don't know if I can stomach.  I'm not mean-spirited enough to root for a rash of injuries or for the earth to swallow the Staples Center whole, either.

So what's the best stance for a dedicated Celtics fan to take?  I'm leaning toward rooting for Orlando and then hoping the Cavs lose to the La...<hurp> the Lak...<HHUURRRPP>...the other team.

there is only one team to root for....celtics