Author Topic: Yao wants TMac Traded  (Read 5105 times)

Yao wants TMac Traded
« on: January 14, 2009, 05:49:54 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632

Yao Wants T-Mac Traded?

Jan 14, 2009 1:58 PM EST

Tracy McGrady has so frequently been out of the lineup that the Rockets are beginning to be fed up with him, and Yao Ming has quietly voiced his displeasure.

"They don't speak," an extremely plugged-in person tells David Aldridge. "And Yao wants him out."

Next summer McGrady will have an expiring, $22.4 million contract that many teams will likely be interested in taking.

Yao and McGrady still like each other personally, but it is an on-the-court matter.

One veteran scout who worked a Rockets' game recently was shocked by the deterioration in the still-29-year-old McGrady's game.

"I thought to myself, 'My God, he's old,'" the scout said. "It was amazing."

Of course, tomorrow we'll see a statement from Yao saying he said no such thing.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/56592/20090114/yao_wants_t_mac_traded/
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

Re: Yao wants TMac Traded
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 06:04:37 PM »

Offline Scribbles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 107

Yao Wants T-Mac Traded?

Jan 14, 2009 1:58 PM EST

Tracy McGrady has so frequently been out of the lineup that the Rockets are beginning to be fed up with him, and Yao Ming has quietly voiced his displeasure.

"They don't speak," an extremely plugged-in person tells David Aldridge. "And Yao wants him out."

Next summer McGrady will have an expiring, $22.4 million contract that many teams will likely be interested in taking.

Yao and McGrady still like each other personally, but it is an on-the-court matter.

One veteran scout who worked a Rockets' game recently was shocked by the deterioration in the still-29-year-old McGrady's game.

"I thought to myself, 'My God, he's old,'" the scout said. "It was amazing."

Of course, tomorrow we'll see a statement from Yao saying he said no such thing.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/56592/20090114/yao_wants_t_mac_traded/

They don't speak, yet they still like each other personally?  Umm yeah that makes a whole lot of sense.   ::)  Sounds like a bunch of nothing. 

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2009, 06:13:25 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Sounds like time for a game of guess the excuse.

'Someone must of misunderstood me.  I was speaking in my native tongue.'

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2009, 06:30:21 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Yao has already said there is nothing to this rumour, he did so on a radio station earlier today in Houston.

I don't think Yao would ever say something like that about a teammate.

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2009, 06:44:52 PM »

Offline davemonsterband

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 160
I don't blame him, TMac's useless now. What he did doesn't change the fact that he's the next Grant Hill, minus winning a playoff round.
"The Best Revenge Is Massive Success"
~Ole Blue Eyes~

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2009, 06:46:13 PM »

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
I don't blame him, TMac's useless now. What he did doesn't change the fact that he's the next Grant Hill, minus winning a playoff round.

Grant Hill has never won a playoff series either
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2009, 07:19:15 PM »

Offline Scribbles

• Jayson Tatum
Yao has already said there is nothing to this rumour, he did so on a radio station earlier today in Houston.

I don't think Yao would ever say something like that about a teammate.

I agree Yao isn't like that.  The one time he was unsure of a player joining the team it was Artest, and he had obvious reason's.  When he and Ron talked he said he was down with it.  Plus there isn't even a certifiable link to him saying this so until I see that I'm not buying it. 

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2009, 07:35:26 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
This is obviously total BS. I can't picture Yao saying this. TMac and Yao seems like great friends when I see them together during interviews and press conference. Even if he feels this way, I doubt he talked about it to the media.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2009, 07:50:27 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
if i was Yao i'd want him traded, he's always hurt, they've played better without him so far, and when he's out there the opposing team can use him as a defensive hole.

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2009, 07:56:10 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
The should Trade him for Micheal Redd.

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2009, 08:25:09 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
if i was Yao i'd want him traded, he's always hurt, they've played better without him so far, and when he's out there the opposing team can use him as a defensive hole.

i dont really think yao should be throwing around the always hurt card.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2009, 08:27:00 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280

i dont really think yao should be throwing around the always hurt card.

well i was using the whole "if i was..." thing.

but good call on that one, they are one injury prone team.

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2009, 08:29:21 PM »

Offline davemonsterband

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 160

Phoenix last year? I don't remember? TP.
"The Best Revenge Is Massive Success"
~Ole Blue Eyes~

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2009, 08:42:32 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458

Phoenix last year? I don't remember? TP.

Nope. Got knocked off last year by te Spurs in the first round. So, Hill still never got out the first round.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2009, 08:48:43 PM »

Offline Hoyo de Monterrey

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 669
Sounds like time for a game of guess the excuse.

'Someone must of misunderstood me.  I was speaking in my native tongue.'

Love this game.

"My words were taken out of context. Tracy and I are and have always been on the same page both on and off the court. We are going to win with him here."
"Let me call him," Floyd said.

The man shook his head. "O.J. doesn't give out his cell," he said. "He'll call you."