Author Topic: Imminent trade: Conley for Sessions+Alexander  (Read 2111 times)

Imminent trade: Conley for Sessions+Alexander
« on: January 12, 2009, 04:44:23 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
http://my.journaltimes.com/post/woelfel-world-of-sports/are_bucks_set_to_play_lets_make_a_deal.html

Are Bucks set to play 'Let's Make a Deal'?
Posted by: gwoelfel on January 12, 2009 at 12:36AM EST

By GERY WOELFEL

It’s hardly a secret the Milwaukee Bucks have been working the phones to make a trade.

The latest rumor to surface is the Bucks possibly trading backup point guard Ramon Sessions and forward Joe Alexander, who was the eighth overall selection in last June’s NBA draft, to the Memphis Grizzlies.

In return, the Bucks would obtain point guard Michael Conley Jr., who was the No. 4 overall selection in the 2007 draft.

The Bucks would also likely receive a future draft choice.

I’ve been told both teams have virtually agreed on the conditions of the trade
and only Bucks owner Herb Kohl had to give his stamp of approval. Bucks general manager John Hammond, reached in North Carolina where he was on a scouting trip, said it was his policy not to comment on any trade speculation.

Who wins this trade and why?

Re: Imminent trade: Conley for Sessions+Alexander
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 04:51:24 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
it's called "incomplete."  that's a trade that show it's value until years down the road because we know little of how these players will pan out.

conley could be kenny anderson and alexander could be dan majerle...or they could become nothing.

interesting that memphis is giving up on conley so soon...that's the one that intrigues me...
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 05:24:25 PM »

Offline Emperor Young

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 25
I really like Alexander.. He can jump out of the building, can shoot. not sure if he can play defense but i really like he's potential. Conley never should have been a lottery pick in my opinion. This is he's 3rd year and he has yet to develop into a PG that people thought he was going to be.
If Memphis can obtain Sessions and Alexander for Conley and say.. a 2nd rounder, I say Memphis wins this deal..
I hope Alexander gets voted in for the dunk contest. He is very underrated..

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2009, 06:01:15 PM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
I think Conley will be very good but I think he belongs in Portland (with Oden) or Houston, not Milwaukee.

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2009, 06:07:15 PM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228
I was never impressed with Conley's game. I don't think he will ever justify where he was picked in the draft.