Author Topic: LeBron Called for Travelling  (Read 19481 times)

LeBron Called for Travelling
« on: January 04, 2009, 03:36:19 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
On that final possession against the Wizards. Firstly, I'm delighted they lost, hopefully we can take advantage of that against NY. Secondly, wow - he actually got called for it? On a critical play? A new years resolution for the refs, maybe?

Orlando lost too which is good for us, I really hope we can take advantage of it tonight.

Re: LeBron Called for Travelling
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2009, 03:42:01 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
The Knick's crazy offense always scares me. I think we will win but I thought we'd win the Golden St. game and they run a similar offense. As far as Lebron, hopefully this call will get some attention and start being called moe regularly.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2009, 03:48:09 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
On that final possession against the Wizards. Firstly, I'm delighted they lost, hopefully we can take advantage of that against NY. Secondly, wow - he actually got called for it? On a critical play? A new years resolution for the refs, maybe?

Orlando lost too which is good for us, I really hope we can take advantage of it tonight.
Just wow. I need to see some video asap!

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2009, 03:52:15 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
That should be the headline of Professor Weinman's next article.  If he can compose himself after the aghastness of the event being called against the messiah in the first place.

The official who made the call will be suspended 25 games by Stern and sentenced to referee reform school for remedial review of the messiah rules.  It would only be a New Year's resolution for the refs to call anything on the messiah if they were looking for other employment.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 04:00:14 PM by Finkelskyhook »

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2009, 03:59:08 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
I was shocked, too.

Also, LBJ had seven turnovers.
The Wizards were really playing
awful basketball in the 4th.
But they held on, thankfully.
The world is a better place now!  ;D

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2009, 04:03:00 PM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 170
And they also called a charge on him earlier and Mike Brown went absolutely crazy and got ejected. I think he snapped from the shock of Lebron mowing down defenders and not getting the call like he always does  ;D. Cavs can't complain though refs handed them the win in the Christmas game.
Tommy: He's got a line about me. Tell him the line.

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2009, 04:04:24 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Okay I just watched it via NBA league pass, definite travel of the type that should be a routine call.

Sadly James gets away with stepping through once he picks up his dribble and then jump stopping too much. But so do most elite slashers. The look on his face one of shock.

He did do a funny little reenactment for the ref who called it later.

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2009, 04:12:15 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
Okay I just watched it via NBA league pass, definite travel of the type that should be a routine call.

Sadly James gets away with stepping through once he picks up his dribble and then jump stopping too much. But so do most elite slashers. The look on his face one of shock.

He did do a funny little reenactment for the ref who called it later.

So he did a dribbless 7-step reenactment for what he usually gets away with?  Stern won't be nearly as humored at the official.

I've pretty much maintained that the messiah is probably the most gifted player in basketball history.  The only time I watch his games is when Cleveland is playing us.  It's too predictable and for the most part, a foregone conclusion.

We will probably never know how gifted the messiah truly is because of the way he's officiated.  Why improve your dribbling skills when you can get anywhere on the floor without dribbling?  Why improve your outside shot when you can drive uninpeded to the basket and run over anybody who's in your way?  The red seas part for the messiah because his opponent's players don't want to foul out in the first half.

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2009, 04:17:49 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
TP for however posts a video of this.

Hope we take advantage tonight.

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2009, 04:39:39 PM »

Offline Shots

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 39
I think the ref's saw the tape from the matchup those teams had in late December and realised how they gave the Cavs that victory. I think the Wizards was up by 8 with 3/4 minutes remaining, and then all of a sudden the Wizards couldn't move without getting all sorts of fouls.

Anyway, how in the world did the Cavs manage to that pile of garbage? Good for the C's I guess :)

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2009, 04:56:02 PM »

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
Thanks to washington for laying down against us and putting up a fight against the LeCavs, much appreciated, if I could give them a tommy point, I would.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 05:09:02 PM by TatteredOnMySleeve »
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2009, 05:03:06 PM »

Offline Silas

• 2020 CelticsStrong Draft Guru
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1806
I just got home from the Wizard's game.  James was pushing off and traveling the whole game.  Unbelievable bad calls by the refs all game until the end.  The Wiz tried to give the Cavs the game with foolish decisions towards the end of the game.  The C's old friend Mike James, in particular, did it twice at the end with stupid plays. Someone in the stands kept holding up a poster with a picture of Lebron crying....great pic.  Under his pic was written Cleveland Crybaby in the Cavs script.  Too funny.
I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.   -  Mark Twain

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2009, 05:09:55 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
I think the ref's saw the tape from the matchup those teams had in late December and realised how they gave the Cavs that victory. I think the Wizards was up by 8 with 3/4 minutes remaining, and then all of a sudden the Wizards couldn't move without getting all sorts of fouls.

Anyway, how in the world did the Cavs manage to that pile of garbage? Good for the C's I guess :)

I wish there was some real reasoning for the officiating.  Donaghy got away with what he did for so long because this garbage is the norm.  The Messiah has one set of Rules.  Pierce, Nash, Wade, etc, have another, and then the rest of the league after them have another.  It kills the credibility of the game.

The messiah's games would have more legitimacy if Shawn Michaels, Triple H, or the Undertaker were guest referees for his games.

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2009, 05:17:32 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
Personal request, can we please not call him "the messiah"? Thanks in advance.

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2009, 05:27:04 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 658
  • MASTER OF PANIC
could be a good day if boston beats the knicks and then portland can beat LA...boston would have picked up a full game on orlando, cleveland and the lakers in one day