Are you okay with that type of Money for Kyrie

Yes.
65 (76.5%)
No.
12 (14.1%)
If Rozier accepted an 80 million dollar extension, I'd rather trade Irving
8 (9.4%)

Total Members Voted: 85

Author Topic: Poll: Are you okay with paying Irving 200 Million  (Read 8719 times)

Re: Poll: Are you okay with paying Irving 200 Million
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2018, 11:10:44 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
I'm not advocating putting all of our chips in on Rozier but if we could move Kyrie for an excellent big man then I'd strongly consider it. Everyone is talking about Rozier's playoffs as being a revelation but it isn't. The kid averaged 16/6/5 in 16 starts this year before the playoffs even started. He started serving notice as soon as he got the starting gig. He's one of those guys who plays better the longer he's on the court and I love the ice-water in his veins.

So if we managed to sign Rozier to an extension would I consider moving Kyrie? With Brown, Tatum and Hayward I surely would because we don't need him if those guys are healthy and scoring. That's plenty of outside shooting right there. However, I don't think that's going to happen and that's the difference between NBA 2K and the real world. It wouldn't look good if Danny turned around and traded him after getting him for IT. Kyrie is popular with fans and with players and he's the kind of guy who will attract other talent. So I think Uncle Drew stays unless something else dramatic happens.

Now if we get to the NBA Finals? Or even more unlikely, win it with Rozier playing like he is? Then the dynamic changes. I don't see how you take the starting gig back from Terry at that point. Kyrie would have been Wally Pipped at that point.

Excellent point, hope our homegrown talent does this and stays while booting Kyrie out of here. #Goatzier2018FMVP
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2018, 11:14:09 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1002
I'm not advocating putting all of our chips in on Rozier but if we could move Kyrie for an excellent big man then I'd strongly consider it. Everyone is talking about Rozier's playoffs as being a revelation but it isn't. The kid averaged 16/6/5 in 16 starts this year before the playoffs even started. He started serving notice as soon as he got the starting gig. He's one of those guys who plays better the longer he's on the court and I love the ice-water in his veins.

So if we managed to sign Rozier to an extension would I consider moving Kyrie? With Brown, Tatum and Hayward I surely would because we don't need him if those guys are healthy and scoring. That's plenty of outside shooting right there. However, I don't think that's going to happen and that's the difference between NBA 2K and the real world. It wouldn't look good if Danny turned around and traded him after getting him for IT. Kyrie is popular with fans and with players and he's the kind of guy who will attract other talent. So I think Uncle Drew stays unless something else dramatic happens.

Now if we get to the NBA Finals? Or even more unlikely, win it with Rozier playing like he is? Then the dynamic changes. I don't see how you take the starting gig back from Terry at that point. Kyrie would have been Wally Pipped at that point.

Excellent point, hope our homegrown talent does this and stays while booting Kyrie out of here. #Goatzier2018FMVP

That would officially make it be the Tom Brady-Drew Bledsoe analogy/comparison.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2018, 11:16:28 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald

Haha I only watch basketball out of the four American major sports but that sounds cool.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2018, 11:26:34 PM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567

True, but Wally Pipp/Lou Gehrig did it first.  :)
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2018, 01:03:10 AM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Depends on how Kyrie looks in a full season next year

« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2018, 02:10:36 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

Since we're obviously getting the second pick in the draft ;) ::) ;D, why not keep Rozier and trade Kyrie to Phoenix, should they wind up with the first overall selection, for Tyson Chandler, for salary purposes, and, obviously, the first pick, with which we take Ayton, if he's really as good as everyone seems to believe. Mark it down - it's happening lmfa0 ;D.

« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2018, 02:17:26 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald

Since we're obviously getting the second pick in the draft ;) ::) ;D, why not keep Rozier and trade Kyrie to Phoenix, should they wind up with the first overall selection, for Tyson Chandler, for salary purposes, and, obviously, the first pick, with which we take Ayton, if he's really as good as everyone seems to believe. Mark it down - it's happening lmfa0 ;D.
I actually see Phoenix being that dumb kek
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2018, 02:20:29 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville

Or we can trade Rozier to Philly for Fultz and a pick.

« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2018, 02:34:44 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
No need to make that decision now, without key parameters.

1. Kyrie's health.
2. T-Rozier's one more year of development and play.
3. Other DA's moves that might impact the payroll and roster needs.
4. Celtics 2018-19 season result.

Would I pay him one year in advance if I had to?
Yup.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 08:31:31 AM by Androslav »
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2018, 02:54:54 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

Or we can trade Rozier to Philly for Fultz and a pick.

Lol, TP ;D.

« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2018, 06:21:16 AM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
I said No, but because of his injury history.  Not because of Rozier.

« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2018, 07:16:32 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Good news is the max for his upcoming contract is going to be roughly $188 over 5 years.

$37.6 million per year is a ton for a guy who isn’t particularly durable.  The problem is that there aren’t a lot of great options that don’t include a huge financial risk.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2018, 07:59:05 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
Good news is the max for his upcoming contract is going to be roughly $188 over 5 years.

$37.6 million per year is a ton for a guy who isn’t particularly durable.  The problem is that there aren’t a lot of great options that don’t include a huge financial risk.
And the problem is that we have a nice option playing in the playoffs rn that doesn't include a huge financial risk.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2018, 08:06:11 AM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
keep the current roster...
trade one of rozier or smart if needed...
keep drafting smart
if you have a good team the veterans will come

« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2018, 08:19:36 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
for me (well what I think Danny is aiming for), there is one goal with this squad. (other than winning a championship with this current group)..
eg..try and win a championship with the guys we have until Horford comes off the books. We'll be underdogs vs the Warriors but we could still beat them in 7. Not favorites but it's possible with Kyrie, hayward, Brown and tatum all getting better.

But Danny's ultimate mission is to add Anthony Davis with Kyrie Irving, Hayward, Brown and Tatum. Ulitmately Hayward may be gone by then but the Kyrie, Davis, Brown, Tatum core is dynasty potential IMO.
That is a brutally tough team to beat and a true dynasty type line up with Stevens coaching.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 08:27:08 AM by chambers »
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.