Author Topic: Celtics (50-17) at Bulls (30-37) 3/17  (Read 86762 times)

Re: Celtics (50-17) at Bulls (30-37) 3/17
« Reply #405 on: March 17, 2009, 11:57:19 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 660
  • MASTER OF PANIC
boston should win games like this and like milwaukee...heck...they screwed around with the griz even...this team is mentally spent right now....i know they are injured..i know they are outmanned but they had a double digit lead late in the third and couldn't hold it...this has been a problem ALL SEASON!!!!!!! even with everyone around.

Let's try this. Take Gasol, Odom, Josh Powell, Luke Walton and one other player out of the Lakers lineup and tell me how many games they would win.

THEY HAD A
BIG LEAD IN THE GAME. IT WAS THERE FOR THEM TO WIN. they have struggled closing quarters and games (see the lakers, see the spurs. se the clippers, see the magic see the heat). i understand they are injured but you are up 13 or14 with under 4 to play in the third you should be able to win the game

« Reply #406 on: March 17, 2009, 11:57:36 PM »

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
boston should win games like this and like milwaukee...heck...they screwed around with the griz even...this team is mentally spent right now....i know they are injured..i know they are outmanned but they had a double digit lead late in the third and couldn't hold it...this has been a problem ALL SEASON!!!!!!! even with everyone around.

Let's try this. Take Gasol, Odom, Josh Powell, Luke Walton and one other player out of the Lakers lineup and tell me how many games they would win.

Lakers are already missing 1 of their 5 startes and I dont think losing Powell or Walton would have much effect at all...of course losing gasol would but that would be more starters then we're missing
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #407 on: March 17, 2009, 11:59:22 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
No!!

Wrong!!

Absolutely not true!!

This team isn't the Boston Celtics that we have been watching for the better part of the last two years. This is a team that is just a shadow of itself, depleted by injury and a lack of quality veteran help off the bench that should have been here since last off season. Instead it is a team that is now missing every player over 6'7" except Perk that started the year on this team. The only other guy over 6'7" is Mikki Moore, a late season add on that to be fair isn't all that great a player.

This isn't high school or college. It's the pros and when players get used to playing with certain players for a certain amount of minutes and suddenly a third of the team is gone to injury and another 3-4 players are beat up but playing and everyone is playing with players they aren't used to playing with and for minutes they aren't accustomed to, that changes the entire team dynamic. THISD IS NOT THE SAME TEAM THAT WAS PLAYING IN JANUARY!!!! Additions and injuries have transformed it into a very mediocre team that is going to have major trouble winning on the road and against big teams.

Until they get everyone back healthy, this is not the Boston Celtics that started the season. It's a different team and different results should be expected.

« Reply #408 on: March 17, 2009, 11:59:53 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
lakers lost bynum and farmer and didnt miss a beat....the injuries are robbing peter to pay paul....yeah you get guys back but pierce and ray are dead men walking because they have had to carry the load and the outcome has usually been a loss...they get burned up for nothing.

« Reply #409 on: March 18, 2009, 12:01:10 AM »

Offline Hoyo de Monterrey

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 669
lakers lost bynum and farmer and didnt miss a beat....the injuries are robbing peter to pay paul....yeah you get guys back but pierce and ray are dead men walking because they have had to carry the load and the outcome has usually been a loss...they get burned up for nothing.

Son, I knew Kevin Garnett. And Andrew Bynum is NO Kevin Garnett.
"Let me call him," Floyd said.

The man shook his head. "O.J. doesn't give out his cell," he said. "He'll call you."

« Reply #410 on: March 18, 2009, 12:02:34 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
No!!

Wrong!!

then explain beating denver, phoenix, cleveland....and cleveland they didn't have baby for a half or KG...so you are saying boston is in the class with milwaukee and the eastern conf low lifes? i don't buy that at all...

Absolutely not true!!

This team isn't the Boston Celtics that we have been watching for the better part of the last two years. This is a team that is just a shadow of itself, depleted by injury and a lack of quality veteran help off the bench that should have been here since last off season. Instead it is a team that is now missing every player over 6'7" except Perk that started the year on this team. The only other guy over 6'7" is Mikki Moore, a late season add on that to be fair isn't all that great a player.

This isn't high school or college. It's the pros and when players get used to playing with certain players for a certain amount of minutes and suddenly a third of the team is gone to injury and another 3-4 players are beat up but playing and everyone is playing with players they aren't used to playing with and for minutes they aren't accustomed to, that changes the entire team dynamic. THISD IS NOT THE SAME TEAM THAT WAS PLAYING IN JANUARY!!!! Additions and injuries have transformed it into a very mediocre team that is going to have major trouble winning on the road and against big teams.

Until they get everyone back healthy, this is not the Boston Celtics that started the season. It's a different team and different results should be expected.

then explain beating denver, phoenix, cleveland....and cleveland they didn't have baby for a half or KG...so you are saying boston is in the class with milwaukee and the eastern conf low lifes? i don't buy that at all...

« Reply #411 on: March 18, 2009, 12:03:58 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

THEY HAD A
BIG LEAD IN THE GAME. IT WAS THERE FOR THEM TO WIN. they have struggled closing quarters and games (see the lakers, see the spurs. se the clippers, see the magic see the heat). i understand they are injured but you are up 13 or14 with under 4 to play in the third you should be able to win the game
Again.....wrong.

14 point leads in the middle of the third quarter are not leads that are safe against any team in this league by any other team. This is a game of runs and often teams that are up double digits in the middle of the third quarter lose. It happens every single night of the week in this league. Up 25-30 in the middle of the thrid and lose....well that's inexcusable. Up 13 in the middle of the third on the road with a third of your team and practically your entire front court injured or out of the game......a loss can still be expected.

« Reply #412 on: March 18, 2009, 12:05:01 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC

boston stopped playing defense and got burned in transition...the lead went away.

THEY HAD A
Again.....wrong.

14 point leads in the middle of the third quarter are not leads that are safe against any team in this league by any other team. This is a game of runs and often teams that are up double digits in the middle of the third quarter lose. It happens every single night of the week in this league. Up 25-30 in the middle of the thrid and lose....well that's inexcusable. Up 13 in the middle of the third on the road with a third of your team and practically your entire front court injured or out of the game......a loss can still be expected.

they should have won this game. they should be able to beat the lower teams on their schedule. that is just how i see it. i am glod you guys are optomistic that they can just flip the switch for the playoffs and win anywhere they please. it is going to be a difficult run in the playoffs.

« Reply #413 on: March 18, 2009, 12:06:58 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
No!!

Wrong!!

Absolutely not true!!

Then you aren't accepting reality. This isn't even the same team that beat Cleveland, nevermind Denver weeks ago. Baby and Powe are out and House is beat up, Pierce is sick and Rondo is nursing a bad ankle. Ray's jumper has gone cold and add to that the inconsistencies of trying to plug Moore and Marbury into the equation and you have an entirely different team.

« Reply #414 on: March 18, 2009, 12:09:21 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

boston stopped playing defense and got burned in transition...the lead went away.

THEY HAD A
Again.....wrong.

they should have won this game. they should be able to beat the lower teams on their schedule. that is just how i see it. i am glod you guys are optomistic that they can just flip the switch for the playoffs and win anywhere they please. it is going to be a difficult run in the playoffs.
Do you get this? They are no longer a good team. They are depleted by injury and have players playing big minutes that should be playing small roles. They absolutely should not be beating these teams they are losing to. That they are making these games close is a testament to how good those remaining players are.

« Reply #415 on: March 18, 2009, 12:21:17 AM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 170
Half the rotation is out so I'm managing my expectations until the team starts getting back to full strength. They're going to fight through this slump like they did the last one  *Cues Rocky theme music*
Tommy: He's got a line about me. Tell him the line.

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.