Author Topic: Hawks (6-21) at Celtics (17-10) Game #17 12/14/18  (Read 21179 times)

Re: Hawks (6-21) at Celtics (17-10) Game #17 12/14/18
« Reply #315 on: December 14, 2018, 09:42:44 PM »

Online knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
I can't believe we acquired Morris in a salary dump.

...or we can pretend AB was a 1st All-Defensive player averaging over 16ppg (40% from 3) and 6rpg.

I am as impressed with Morris as anybody and I was fully on board with the move, but I am not going to pretend that AB wasn't a very valuable player for us.

It was a salary dump in that they needed to create space to offer Gordon the max.  I liked Bradley and I get the sentimentality, but Morris is the better fit for this team and probably a better overall player.

« Reply #316 on: December 14, 2018, 09:44:19 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346

...or we can pretend AB was a 1st All-Defensive player averaging over 16ppg (40% from 3) and 6rpg.

I am as impressed with Morris as anybody and I was fully on board with the move, but I am not going to pretend that AB wasn't a very valuable player for us.
......It was still a salary dump. No one's saying Bradley wasn't good. I mean, there's a reason he was being paid more than Morris.

« Reply #317 on: December 14, 2018, 09:47:48 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

I have said for a year and a half that Morris, before this season, was a guy who was tough, a good defender and someone who, even though he comes off the bench, will win you about 42-3 games singlehandedly and put up close to 30 or more in about 3+ games a year.

And now he is playing even better than that.

He is this team's MVP so far this year.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 10:05:16 PM by nickagneta »

« Reply #318 on: December 14, 2018, 10:03:18 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

I have said for a year and a half that Morris, before this season, was a guy who was tough, a good defender and someone who, even though he comes off the bench, will win you about 2-3 games singlehandedly and put up close to 30 or more in about 3+ games a year.

And now he is playing even better than that.

He is this team's MVP so far this year.
only other player in the discussion so far this year would by Kyrie but Morris has been by far the most consistently good player all season
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 10:05:54 PM by nickagneta »

« Reply #319 on: December 14, 2018, 10:17:00 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1361
With this win and philly losing to Indiana we’re back up to 4th spot from 5th. Ind just ahead of us in 3rd
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #320 on: December 14, 2018, 10:17:28 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
I feel like EVERY time he takes a three it's going in. His stroke is so compact - interesting watching Kieff's comparatively ugly jumper.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #321 on: December 14, 2018, 10:29:00 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990

Times have changed. Different eras come and go. Brown has defensive capabilities and once he gets his groove we got our AB replacement on the cheap.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #322 on: December 15, 2018, 12:04:45 AM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
How good can Williams be by the end of this season?

« Reply #323 on: December 15, 2018, 12:33:34 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
Maybe good enough to get spot minutes in the playoffs...maybe. He is having success vs the sorry sisters of the league and gaining some good experience while learning his craft.

But he is sooooooooo raw and is making obvious mistakes against these bad team, the best teams will game plan for him and kill him.

And although when he is in the game his team mates love to try to get him lobs for alley oops, which aren't always very successful, he is a major liability on offense. The C's might as well be playing 4 on 5 on offense when he is in the game.

Hopefully by year's end he can do more offensively than just throw down alley oops and dunk an offensive putback.

« Reply #324 on: December 15, 2018, 05:32:01 AM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
Maybe good enough to get spot minutes in the playoffs...maybe. He is having success vs the sorry sisters of the league and gaining some good experience while learning his craft.

But he is sooooooooo raw and is making obvious mistakes against these bad team, the best teams will game plan for him and kill him.

And although when he is in the game his team mates love to try to get him lobs for alley oops, which aren't always very successful, he is a major liability on offense. The C's might as well be playing 4 on 5 on offense when he is in the game.

Hopefully by year's end he can do more offensively than just throw down alley oops and dunk an offensive putback.
It seems you don't know what a screen is and how much his gravity impact the O game, not to mention his great passing skills
Our offense is rolling with him in the 3rd quarter
« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 05:54:15 AM by playdream »

« Reply #325 on: December 15, 2018, 08:31:03 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
AB was traded because he made a little too much money, but he certainly wasn't 'salary dumped' (I am sure people have different interpretations of what this means). DA did his due diligence in acquiring a slightly cheaper, yet productive player who also happened to have an extra year on his contract. Morris is putting up great numbers [so far] this year and he has bailed us out a number of times, but this shouldn't be shocking - he was a very good player before he got here and we have DA to thank in getting him here.

« Reply #326 on: December 15, 2018, 10:48:41 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

It seems you don't know what a screen is and how much his gravity impact the O game, not to mention his great passing skills
Our offense is rolling with him in the 3rd quarter
It's seems you don't know how to be polite.

Williams screens while trying to rim run have been soft and way early His hard screens are few and far between. As for his great passing, he has exactly one assist all season. One. You can be the greatest passer ever but if you never touch the ball you can't use that great passing skill and Williams never touches the ball unless he is blocking it, rebounding it or dunking it.

He has been less than a complete non factor on offense and I stand by my comment that the C's might as well be playing 4 on 5 on offense because the team hasn't integrated him into the offense. That's not Williams fault unless he just isn't picking up the playbook or because his team mates don't trust him. Either way, he just does next to nothing offensively.

« Reply #327 on: December 15, 2018, 09:14:11 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
AB was traded because he made a little too much money, but he certainly wasn't 'salary dumped' (I am sure people have different interpretations of what this means). DA did his due diligence in acquiring a slightly cheaper, yet productive player who also happened to have an extra year on his contract. Morris is putting up great numbers [so far] this year and he has bailed us out a number of times, but this shouldn't be shocking - he was a very good player before he got here and we have DA to thank in getting him here.

Its a salary dump. They needed his salary out of the way because they need to sign Hayward. It doesnt matter if he made too much money if they don't need space for Hayward. But they did, so they DUMPED his SALARY and got much needed space.

« Reply #328 on: December 15, 2018, 09:29:45 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

Its a salary dump. They needed his salary out of the way because they need to sign Hayward. It doesnt matter if he made too much money if they don't need space for Hayward. But they did, so they DUMPED his SALARY and got much needed space.
They only needed a portion of his salary off the books. Brown was going to take over for AB the next season. AB would have been an expiring that Danny wasn't going to renew and they need the extra couple million off the books. There were many factors why Bradley was traded.