Author Topic: Celtics Regular Season News  (Read 121177 times)

Re: Celtics Regular Season News
« Reply #495 on: March 13, 2024, 02:40:57 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 551
Taylor Snow
@taylorcsnow
Jaylen Brown's on the verge of joining some elite company in Boston's 1,000 3PM club.

1. Paul Pierce – 1,823 3PM
2. Jayson Tatum – 1,248 3PM
3. Jaylen Brown – 997 3PM

Jaylen Brown is awesome, but its insane how steep thee explosion of three pointers has been.

Every time I see a stat that says this is the first player with, x, y and 3+ made three pointers a game, EVER, what they really mean is "since about 2015" because before that almost nobody even took 3+ threes a game.

Which is itself kind of insane becasue it took the NBA literally 30 years to realize an a guy who could shoot even 35% from three was better than a 50% shooter form two.

If Brown and Tatum play out their next contracts here they are likely to surpass Peirce.

« Reply #496 on: March 13, 2024, 03:46:26 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 877
Highest net rating of all-time:

13.4 — '96 Bulls
12.0 — '97 Bulls
11.6 — '17 Warriors
11.6 — '24 Celtics

The first three were Champions.

———

Source: StatMuse

Are you on to something here   :o

This has changed a little.  NBA.com has us at 11.3 NRtg today.  I see this drifting back up some with the easy schedule we have coming up.  OKC is second at 7.6 NRtg.   SAN was 7.4 in 2017 when GSW were 11.6, so about the same in that case in terms of the delta over second best.  NBA.com has the Bulls at 11.8 in 1996-97 (they don't go back any further).  That year, Utah was 9.8, so closer.

No matter how you slice it, the Celtics are having a dominant season.  Another interesting wrinkle, they were 15.7 in Feb and 17.9 in March.  Their worst month was Jan at 7.8.  Not sure they will keep it at 17.9 for March, they will need some blowouts.

« Reply #497 on: March 14, 2024, 12:29:02 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25617
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
JT co-authored a children's book:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1419771469?nodl=1&maas=maas_adg_ED73F7B3FCB125BFAC2A36A591C99F6A_afap_abs

When a big kid teaches his little brother how to play basketball for the first time, something unusual happens . . . baby bro flies through the air for a monster dunk! Before long, every professional team wants the incredible dunking baby on their roster. Baby Dunks-A-Lot is poised to become a basketball legend—that is, until he misses his bedtime.

Inspired by Jayson Tatum’s life as both an NBA superstar and a loving dad, this laugh-out-loud picture book is the story of what happens when a tot becomes an NBA teammate.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #498 on: March 14, 2024, 12:32:51 AM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1491
From Sean Grande.

thanks for posting this!   I was wondering where the magic numbers were for us today, and you had already posted it.
TP!

« Reply #499 on: March 14, 2024, 12:35:30 AM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1491
Taylor Snow
@taylorcsnow
Jaylen Brown's on the verge of joining some elite company in Boston's 1,000 3PM club.

1. Paul Pierce – 1,823 3PM
2. Jayson Tatum – 1,248 3PM
3. Jaylen Brown – 997 3PM

Jaylen Brown is awesome, but its insane how steep thee explosion of three pointers has been.

Every time I see a stat that says this is the first player with, x, y and 3+ made three pointers a game, EVER, what they really mean is "since about 2015" because before that almost nobody even took 3+ threes a game.

Which is itself kind of insane becasue it took the NBA literally 30 years to realize an a guy who could shoot even 35% from three was better than a 50% shooter form two.

If Brown and Tatum play out their next contracts here they are likely to surpass Peirce.

It feels like JB and JT just started their careers and both are already showing up in the record books.  I know the game has changed and that is part of it, but time goes by really fast.   But both are truly vets at this point.  It is time for them to do whatever it takes and get that title.   It feels like we got a really good shot.

« Reply #500 on: March 14, 2024, 01:54:29 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2954
Wrong thread.

« Reply #501 on: March 14, 2024, 02:00:41 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1454
Mike Gorman keeping it real regarding Grant Williams..  :laugh:

“He was annoying to everybody. I think, initially, everybody thought he was kind of a wise ass, but he’s kind of cute, and he’s kind of funny,” Gorman said. “Then it just kind of wore thin. It got thin in Dallas, obviously. If you start to take on (Luka) Doncic, obviously, you’re not going to be around for long.

“He had some issues in that area that if he doesn’t get rid of, he doesn’t have enough for teams to say, ‘Well OK, but despite that, we’re going to keep him here because he’s a great player.’ He’s not. He’s an extra. An eighth, ninth, or 10th guy on your roster, so those guys are very replaceable,” he continued. “The guy’s a bad locker room guy. If you’re a bad locker room guy, you’re an eighth or ninth guy, you’re not going to be the eighth or ninth guy for long because you’re not going to be on the team for long.”
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #502 on: March 14, 2024, 02:27:56 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Wow. Mike not holding back, and confirming what a lot of people thought.

TP for sharing.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #503 on: March 14, 2024, 02:33:14 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3016
  • On To Banner 18!
Wow. Mike not holding back, and confirming what a lot of people thought.

TP for sharing.

Tatum did respond on Twitter though saying Grant was a great teammate.

Overall I think guys did love Grant BUT he probably did do a lot of talking and joking around despite being at best an 8th or 9th man and might have rubbed some folks the wrong way on both Boston and Dallas. I still go back to the 2022 Finals. Him beefing with Draymond and then trying to become this "Draymond figure" in the league simply backfired on him. He just isn't that guy. Up until 2022 though he seemed to be a contributor, hardworker and solid role player that accepted his role. Then things went sour in 2023

It does seem like he's found a nice role and place in his hometown of Charlotte though. Glad things are working out for him there.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #504 on: March 15, 2024, 02:20:38 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
Coach Mazulla is at it again…  :laugh:

https://youtu.be/op_vg2i70CM?si=4aiLXlMzoHuiGnYY

At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #505 on: March 15, 2024, 02:41:19 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3189

« Reply #506 on: March 15, 2024, 04:51:45 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge

That was awesome!

should have done a poll, fair or foul? I thought it was hilarious.

« Reply #507 on: March 15, 2024, 06:01:09 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25617
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

That was awesome!

If another coach did that to a Celtics player, I'd be p---ed. Can you imagine if the player got injured somehow?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #508 on: March 16, 2024, 01:02:34 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3189

That was awesome!

If another coach did that to a Celtics player, I'd be p---ed. Can you imagine if the player got injured somehow?

Wouldn't Joe have to make some kind of contact to injure a player?

« Reply #509 on: March 16, 2024, 01:21:13 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3016
  • On To Banner 18!
Next two games are Washington and Detroit. Prime opportunities to rest guys again.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller