Poll

Should the Celtics trade for AD?

Yes.  (Tatum in the deal)
22 (44.9%)
No.   (Not worth giving up assets for a one year rental)
19 (38.8%)
Yes but only if Tatum isn't in the deal.
8 (16.3%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Author Topic: Anthony Davis traded to Lakers(page 272)  (Read 343207 times)

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
Leonard had no interest in playing for Toronto, either, as reported by the media. This kind of stuff is borderline fake news.

Doubt that had anything to do with the Celtics management decision. They just decided they preferred their assets over Davis. One year or no. The Lakers had a different dynamic.

You wonder if a kid like Davis really knows what's best for him. Maybe in a year he might feel different, especially if he makes the finals. But then he might make the finals with the Lakers.

Offline 0003323344

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 23

https://theathletic.com/1026128/2019/06/17/charanias-inside-pass-the-trade-offers-for-anthony-davis-plus-more-league-notes/

Anthony Davis had no interest in playing a single game for the Boston Celtics, whether that was a negotiating tactic to end up with the Los Angeles Lakers or not.

Screw him. Seriously  >:(

The Celtics still had interest in gambling on Davis in hopes they could convince him to re-sign in 2020.

Then why didn't they?  >:(

The Celtics were open to discussing Jayson Tatum and the future first round pick they are owed from the Memphis Grizzlies, but not in the same offer.

Understandable. I'm sure Danny Dolittle could have made an offer that trumped the lakers offer without including Tatum yet he didn't do it. How were the lakers able to not include Kuzma?  >:(

Ownership of the New Orleans Pelicans believed for months that a mega offer would eventually arrive from the Celtics.

Them and everybody else.  ::)

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Hope Lebron and Davis become like Tom and Jerry. How fun it would be if they are not hoop soulmates but actually turn into Fatal Attraction?! I want Davis to fail miserably and wish the Lakers a run of bad luck and karma like the Nets of these past 7 years. Implosion to the hundredth power.

Offline CelticsPoetry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74
Leonard had no interest in playing for Toronto, either, as reported by the media. This kind of stuff is borderline fake news.

Doubt that had anything to do with the Celtics management decision. They just decided they preferred their assets over Davis. One year or no. The Lakers had a different dynamic.

You wonder if a kid like Davis really knows what's best for him. Maybe in a year he might feel different, especially if he makes the finals. But then he might make the finals with the Lakers.
Write this down, the Lakers are not making the Finals next year

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
It will be tears again for AD after Lebron misses most of the season with injuries and they don't make the playoffs! :P

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
Bullet....dodged.

This organization could've been crippled by that decision.  Especially if Kyrie is walking regardless.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
My theory is that in addition to wanting Tatum and the MEM pick, New Orleans wanted Danny to agree to the devil's bargain that the Lakers made: giving up control of the next 4-5 years of Celtics picks.

That demand would make an AD deal untenable, regardless of whatever AD's camp is saying.  If you KNOW AD is going to re-sign, then fine.  If there's a decent chance he may leave, let alone a GOOD chance, you can't let the Pelicans have control of your draft picks for several years following next season.  That is how you cripple your franchise for a decade.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
Such a bummer. I guess he listened to his dad after all, the celtics not being loyal to their players and all (Isaiah Thomas, Kendrick Perkins, now Kyrie Irving).

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Such a bummer. I guess he listened to his dad after all, the celtics not being loyal to their players and all (Isaiah Thomas, Kendrick Perkins, now Kyrie Irving).

Like the loyalty Durant had for the Thunder, or LBJ for the Cavs, on and on it's a business. Also Kyrie was treated great by them and he is burning us!

Online Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
It will be tears again for AD after Lebron misses most of the season with injuries and they don't make the playoffs! :P
Ah, but the injury could be to AD.  ;)  He's had a history.  Either way, no playoffs for LAL would be justice served.

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

His dad is a major head case, worse than Lavar, according to Pelican Podcast guys in the know. 

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
"F" Anthony Davis. No need to make things public. I didn't click bait the link but whatever. This is complete disrespect and it's growing among a lot of NBA players. Hello! We (fans) pay a lot of your salary. Players need to stop this crying crap about not wanting play somewhere or they'll start to turn off fans in droves. It's just too common nowadays.

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
Ive said it before. I will say it again.

Give me Celtics.... Not self involved, self entitled, self absorbed little children

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307
Sounds like the Pels side of things. I tend to believe the reports that the Celtics were never serious about AD given his lack of interest in playing for Boston.

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540

Write this down, the Lakers are not making the Finals next year
I'm rooting for Davis playing one season there, being miserable and refusing to sign an extension.