Author Topic: NBA 2019-2020 season thread  (Read 398914 times)

Re: NBA 2019-2020 season thread
« Reply #765 on: November 16, 2019, 11:43:29 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999
sixers lose again. are they they most overrated team in the league this year? 7-5

sure, its early in the season but issues that people had pointed out before the season are creeping in...lack of 3 point shooting and losing reddick has hurt them.

Raptors, bucks, heat and celtics all have better records in the east...

The 76ers were supposed to come out of the East though lol!

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #766 on: November 16, 2019, 01:43:48 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Guys guys guys!

...we're one loss at Cleveland away from getting to call Philly the 7-6ers.

8)
Okay, you earned a few TPs for this. Well played!!!

« Reply #767 on: November 16, 2019, 01:54:11 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Guys guys guys!

...we're one loss at Cleveland away from getting to call Philly the 7-6ers.

8)

Awesome TP

« Reply #768 on: November 16, 2019, 02:35:38 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
sixers lose again. are they they most overrated team in the league this year? 7-5

sure, its early in the season but issues that people had pointed out before the season are creeping in...lack of 3 point shooting and losing reddick has hurt them.

they are truely missing the points of Reddick and Butler .  Those guys were always good for 15-20 a piece most EVERY NIGHT.   Not occassional scorer like scary Terry .   They should have kept those two i stead of Al.

Philly could be a lottery team ...IF. ...Embiid was to miss several months.  Simmons can't carry a team and neither can Al at this point in his career .

Yep, you absolutely nailed it. Reddick and Butler are pretty big losses as they were the Sixers 2 best pure shooters on the team. I felt Butler was consistently their best player during the playoffs last season too. Their bench has been and remains hot garbage. And for all the hype about Ben Simmons and his "development" on this blog, I don't see it.

And for all the talk about guys being overpaid, even on our team... do we really think Tobias Harris is a 180M player? Lol.

We lost to them Opening Night, but since then we've won 10 straight and PHI has stuttered. Can't wait to play them again. 
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #769 on: November 16, 2019, 02:49:10 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969

they are truely missing the points of Reddick and Butler .  Those guys were always good for 15-20 a piece most EVERY NIGHT.   Not occassional scorer like scary Terry .   They should have kept those two i stead of Al.

Philly could be a lottery team ...IF. ...Embiid was to miss several months.  Simmons can't carry a team and neither can Al at this point in his career .

Yep, you absolutely nailed it. Reddick and Butler are pretty big losses as they were the Sixers 2 best pure shooters on the team. I felt Butler was consistently their best player during the playoffs last season too. Their bench has been and remains hot garbage. And for all the hype about Ben Simmons and his "development" on this blog, I don't see it.

And for all the talk about guys being overpaid, even on our team... do we really think Tobias Harris is a 180M player? Lol.

We lost to them Opening Night, but since then we've won 10 straight and PHI has stuttered. Can't wait to play them again.

I wondered about Harris .  Clippers were consistently better without him .  Myself ,  i would have kept Bulter and Reddick over Harris ...SMH . and ...Al s ,  both salary seems like an overkill ,  two guys that they really did not need .   

The guy they needed from Celtics was Smart.  If they dumped Harris , Kept Butler , took Smart , not Al ....they would be run away EC champs . 

« Reply #770 on: November 16, 2019, 02:54:02 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

I wondered about Harris .  Clippers were consistently better without him .  Myself ,  i would have kept Bulter and Reddick over Harris ...SMH . and ...Al s ,  both salary seems like an overkill ,  two guys that they really did not need .   

The guy they needed from Celtics was Smart.  If they dumped Harris , Kept Butler , took Smart , not Al ....they would be run away EC champs .

Horford was a good addition for them. The Sixers frontcourt is a strength and having Horford allows them to limit Embiid a bit during the season to keep him fresh for playoff time.

But their real problem is the shooting. I felt like Reddick often saved that team with his perimeter shooting and a few years ago, they added some sharpshooters who helped them off the bench. They don't have that anymore.

I saw a bit of that overtime yesterday, and there was a long stretch where OKC kept hitting shots and the Sixers were just ice cold.

PHI was better off keeping Butler and letting Harris walk. Keep in mind, Butler was also one of their best defenders last season. The Sixers defense also isn't a strong unit outside of their frontcourt.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2019, 03:02:18 PM by Phantom255x »

« Reply #771 on: November 16, 2019, 03:05:52 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
D'Lo apparently got hurt last night. Out 2 weeks. Lol what is left of this Warriors team??

« Reply #772 on: November 16, 2019, 04:04:06 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
D'Lo apparently got hurt last night. Out 2 weeks. Lol what is left of this Warriors team??

they still have Curry acting like a clown at court side.

« Reply #773 on: November 16, 2019, 04:08:18 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Down to 9 healthy players.  They’re required to have at least 8, but they’re also right up against the hard cap.  I don’t know what happens if they reach the hard cap and are still struck by injuries.

« Reply #774 on: November 16, 2019, 04:14:56 PM »

Offline CelticsPoetry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74

Down to 9 healthy players.  They’re required to have at least 8, but they’re also right up against the hard cap.  I don’t know what happens if they reach the hard cap and are still struck by injuries.
Can't you always sign minimum contracts?

« Reply #775 on: November 16, 2019, 04:17:02 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey

Not with the hard cap.  The Warriors don’t have a full roster because they can’t afford it.

« Reply #776 on: November 16, 2019, 04:42:47 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

Not with the hard cap.  The Warriors don’t have a full roster because they can’t afford it.

Here is an interesting article on the Warriors cap situation in regards to signing players. I thought it was relevant to the discussion. Some pretty creative situations at play:

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/warriors/how-warriors-can-navigate-hard-cap-sign-two-buyout-players-march

« Reply #777 on: November 16, 2019, 04:46:33 PM »

Offline CelticsPoetry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74

If I'm not mistaken, if there are enough guys injured, there are some exceptions kicking in. Think it happened to Miami (???) couple of years ago

« Reply #778 on: November 16, 2019, 04:47:52 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey

Here is an interesting article on the Warriors cap situation in regards to signing players. I thought it was relevant to the discussion. Some pretty creative situations at play:

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/warriors/how-warriors-can-navigate-hard-cap-sign-two-buyout-players-march

Yep.  The issue is what happens if they need to start signing players in November.  The March buyout market isn’t going to be something this team cares about.

« Reply #779 on: November 16, 2019, 08:24:55 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Pacers seem to be in a weird weird spot right now. A few wins against weak teams like Chicago and Washington, but then a solid win here and there. Oladipo isn't back yet, and who knows how long he will take to return back to form. Brogdon isn't playing against the Bucks, and they're getting their butts kicked.

Sabonis is killing it this year. Warren is doing what he's done for the last 3 years. Not sure what to make of Turner. Feel like he could be awesome on another team.

Holiday brothers are starting today, which is cool. Just no idea what to make of them though. Are they a legit chance to come out of the East? I thought they had a solid chance to be, depending on Oladipo's return, but I can't tell right now.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)