Author Topic: 2019 Summer Rumors official thread  (Read 198562 times)

Re: 2019 Summer Rumors official thread
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2019, 12:55:40 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
According to Stein:

Celtics to pursue Kemba and may be stealth suitors for him.

Edited to add the link:
http://bleacherreport.com/post/nba/c38a2aa2-63fd-4346-9c5a-0442e78acfc4
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2019, 12:57:04 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
According to Stein:

Now we're talking.

« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2019, 01:01:24 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
According to Stein:

Now we're talking.

Not sure how I feel about it, they must have another move lined up as Kemba doesn’t put us over the top.

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2019, 01:02:30 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Would love to see Walker in Boston. Would absolutely be a great fit.

If they let Rozier walk and give Kemba the max slot...how much do they have left on the Bi annual and MLE to get a big?

« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2019, 01:06:52 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134
According to Stein:

Now we're talking.

Not sure how I feel about it, they must have another move lined up as Kemba doesn’t put us over the top.

You’re not sure how you’d feel about Kemba in green ?

I’m not getting you. EVERYONE would love to have this talent. There is a reason he’s going to get paid, and it’s because he’s good. Darn good.

« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2019, 01:07:27 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton

If they let Rozier walk and give Kemba the max slot...how much do they have left on the Bi annual and MLE to get a big?

Why do you think he would be a great fit?  Not sure what they would have left it they would need a defensive center like Robin Lopez as Horfords defense is going to be hard to replace. 

« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2019, 01:09:18 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

You don't get the BAE or MLE if you operate as an under the cap team. You just have the room exception at 4.9 million (I think that's the room amount next year)

Kemba's max would take up essentially all of our cap space at 32 million starting salary roughly.

« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2019, 01:11:06 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
According to Stein:

Now we're talking.

I’m not getting you. EVERYONE would love to have this talent. There is a reason he’s going to get paid, and it’s because he’s good. Darn good.

He is good, very good.  Does he make the Celtics better than they were last year?  Does he put us over the top?  Does by giving him his shots improve Tatum and Brown? 

If he is the Ray Allen, who is going to be the KG that puts us over the top?  If it’s just Kemba, I agree he makes us better than we currently are but at what cost long term? 

« Reply #53 on: June 25, 2019, 01:11:33 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell

Why do you think he would be a great fit?  Not sure what they would have left it they would need a defensive center like Robin Lopez as Horfords defense is going to be hard to replace.
Center market is pretty robust.

I'm fine with the move, though I can see why some would want to go all in on youth. Kemba is fun to watch, and it'd be nice to see him on the C's for enjoyment purposes. It'd also be good to see him have some talent around him for once.

« Reply #54 on: June 25, 2019, 01:13:25 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC

They need shooting. Kemba would give them some star power and would have good players around him for once. Listen this team is not going to the same as it was with Horford. Those days are gone. Try to find a big that can play his role and mainly defend.

« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2019, 01:17:30 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134
According to Stein:

Now we're talking.

He is good, very good.  Does he make the Celtics better than they were last year?  Does he put us over the top?  Does by giving him his shots improve Tatum and Brown? 

If he is the Ray Allen, who is going to be the KG that puts us over the top?  If it’s just Kemba, I agree he makes us better than we currently are but at what cost long term?

It’s June/July. He makes the roster better, yes. The roster wouldn’t be set though. We’re not just adding one player and giving up. It would just be a start. A very good start

« Reply #56 on: June 25, 2019, 01:20:59 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I know Brogdon is a popular target on this site (and rightfully so), here's an interesting tidbit on how far Milwaukee would go to match any offer sheets.
https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2019/06/free-agent-rumors-dedmon-birch-beverley-brogdon.html

Despite a history of foot issues that could limit his value to some extent, the Bucks are “bracing” for a big offer sheet for Malcolm Brogdon, per Lowe. If Brogdon gets a deal in the range of $20MM+ per year, Milwaukee may have to decide between becoming a taxpaying team or letting him go.

If you're the Celts and Brogdon is a player you absolutely covet, do you make him an offer that Milwaukee probably won't match? (as they'll probably be maxed out, likely re-signing Middleton)

I will admit, Brogdon/Brown/Hayward/Tatum/(insert FA center) is a team I can get behind.

Get Brogdon and Vuc and go to work ....^

« Reply #57 on: June 25, 2019, 01:22:43 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
34 million in cap space is not enough to pay both Brogdon and Vuc.

« Reply #58 on: June 25, 2019, 01:22:51 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
According to Stein:

Now we're talking.

It’s June/July. He makes the roster better, yes. The roster wouldn’t be set though. We’re not just adding one player and giving up. It would just be a start. A very good start

I agree he would make us better. Personally, I’d rather develop one of our own point guards and use the money to try to get some front court help.  I want Tatum, Brown, and Hayward to lead the team in shots next season. 

If Kemba helps us get another free agent in 2021 then I will eat my words.

« Reply #59 on: June 25, 2019, 01:22:52 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391
Kemba would be giving up a lot of money to go here. I can see why the C’s would be suitors. I don’t see why KW would be interested.
- LilRip