Author Topic: Game 5, Red Sox vs Dodgers  (Read 51389 times)

Re: Game 5, Red Sox vs Dodgers
« Reply #180 on: October 28, 2018, 11:38:07 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Let's bring three more championships home this year Boston!

Love watching the celebration in LA. Where you at Magic Johnson?

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #181 on: October 28, 2018, 11:39:09 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
Pearce grew up a Sox fan. Just an amazing story.

« Reply #182 on: October 28, 2018, 11:39:27 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
Great to see Pearce win MVP. He must have been dreaming if this exact situation for his entire life

What a game, what a series, what a season!
I'm bitter.

« Reply #183 on: October 28, 2018, 11:41:13 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Pearce MVP in LA for Boston...😁😁😁🍷

« Reply #184 on: October 28, 2018, 11:42:08 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Great to see Pearce win MVP. He must have been dreaming if this exact situation for his entire life

I guess, but Price deserved it - Pearce's last homerun was irrelevant. We needed every bit of what Price gave us and he delivered...TWICE. I feel really bad for Price - he has taken a lot of heat from the Boston media and he proved everybody wrong. It's really too bad for him...

« Reply #185 on: October 28, 2018, 11:44:48 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
I liked how Dodgers Stadium was chanting "Yankees suck"

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #186 on: October 28, 2018, 11:45:32 PM »

• Don Nelson

I guess, but Price deserved it - Pearce's last homerun was irrelevant. We needed every bit of what Price gave us and he delivered...TWICE. I feel really bad for Price - he has taken a lot of heat from the Boston media and he proved everybody wrong. It's really too bad for him...

I think I give it to Price as well but it was close.

« Reply #187 on: October 28, 2018, 11:47:52 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

Insurance runs in the World Series are never irrelevant. Price deserved it, too, but no one should take anything away from Pearce. He earned it
I'm bitter.

« Reply #188 on: October 28, 2018, 11:48:14 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Wow Papi, nice suit....

« Reply #189 on: October 28, 2018, 11:48:29 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
That was fun.  Round of TPs on me.  Now on to the Super Bowl and NBA Finals.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #190 on: October 28, 2018, 11:51:13 PM »

• Don Nelson
TPs to all!!! What a night!

« Reply #191 on: October 28, 2018, 11:53:22 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
I loved seeing Sale getting to finish it. Getting his chance to participate in the win. 

« Reply #192 on: October 28, 2018, 11:56:22 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

Insurance runs in the World Series are never irrelevant. Price deserved it, too, but no one should take anything away from Pearce. He earned it

Pearce had some very timely hits and he certainly contributed greatly to the series win, but Price had a lot more pressure on him and was sensational. Like in football where you just give the MVP to the QB if it's close, the same should hold true for pitchers in baseball.

Anyway, awesome Sox win - this team was truly a joy to watch! They fired on all cylinders and beat all of the best teams to reach this point. At the beginning of the playoffs, I wasn't sure if they had the emotional make-up to go all the way, but they sure performed extraordinarily throughout the month...especially in the clutch!  ;D

« Reply #193 on: October 28, 2018, 11:57:31 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
Cora deserves so much credit.  He turned this team around in so many ways.

« Reply #194 on: October 28, 2018, 11:58:23 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

Pearce had some very timely hits and he certainly contributed greatly to the series win, but Price had a lot more pressure on him and was sensational. Like in football where you just give the MVP to the QB if it's close, the same should hold true for pitchers in baseball.

Anyway, awesome Sox win - this team was truly a joy to watch! They fired on all cylinders and beat all of the best teams to reach this point. At the beginning of the playoffs, I wasn't sure if they had the emotional make-up to go all the way, but they sure performed extraordinarily throughout the month...especially in the clutch!  ;D

True, Price deserved it, but, Price is making huge $$$ and is a superstar either way who has several years left, Pearce is an old journeyman who will never get a chance at this kind of recognition ever again, and is probably done soon.