Author Topic: Antonio Brown  (Read 36359 times)

Re: Antonio Brown
« Reply #135 on: September 20, 2019, 09:39:10 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
This all really points to my belief that the NFL shouldn't do anything with off field issues that don't affect the field of play.  There is no reason at all for the league to do anything with this sort of thing.

I agree. The NFL shouldn’t act as judge, jury, and executioner in off the field matters. There’s a court system for a reason, where a person is innocent until proven guilty. It’s almost as if the NFL acts as if their players are guilty before being proven innocent, in order to appease the media’s desire for blood.

I know many here will disagree, but I had no issue with Roger Goodell going after Brady for deflategate. To me, that was an on the field issue, where the commissioner has to come down with a hammer if he suspects cheating is involved.

Too bad they didn't have a grasp of weather's effect on football & ideal gas law when it came to that sham. 

To the point at hand, though.  Pats should cut him at this point, or at the very minimum, the league should put him on the Commissioner's Exempt List (if these text are from him) while this is sorted out.  Just way too much smoke here at this point. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #136 on: September 20, 2019, 09:41:48 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Dirt. Bag.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/antonio-brown-text-accuser-children-patriots-043700460.html

Dude is implicitly threatening kids now?
I think he isnt a good guy but that text doesn't say any thing about threating or threating kids. The context is clear, he says to see her and her situation with all the kids as a financial thing, nothing suggest a threat.

He will need to build a case to show she is after money if she did falsely acuse him because its all he said she said so again there needs to be an investigation.

Again I don't like Brown but I don't agree with trying to narrate something falsely.

You're aware of what a pretext is, right?

The way he demonstrates somebody is well off (and therefore, doesn't deserve the money allegedly owed to her) is to send a picture of her kids to his security team, while copying her on the message?  That doesn't strike you as odd?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #137 on: September 20, 2019, 09:49:06 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Dirt. Bag.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/antonio-brown-text-accuser-children-patriots-043700460.html

I think he isnt a good guy but that text doesn't say any thing about threating or threating kids. The context is clear, he says to see her and her situation with all the kids as a financial thing, nothing suggest a threat.

He will need to build a case to show she is after money if she did falsely acuse him because its all he said she said so again there needs to be an investigation.

Again I don't like Brown but I don't agree with trying to narrate something falsely.

The way he demonstrates somebody is well off (and therefore, doesn't deserve the money allegedly owed to her) is to send a picture of her kids to his security team?  That doesn't strike you as odd?

I read the text. It's clear what his words and intention is. It's not a threat against children. He is wrote she is broke and has all these kids, she is out for money and he wants to investigate that. I'm not adding a narrative just saying what the texts are saying. To read into things and try to use pretext is wrong when the messages are that clear. No matter our opinions on the guy we can't make conclusions like threatening kids based on those texts.

« Reply #138 on: September 20, 2019, 09:52:33 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Dirt. Bag.

The way he demonstrates somebody is well off (and therefore, doesn't deserve the money allegedly owed to her) is to send a picture of her kids to his security team?  That doesn't strike you as odd?

I read the text. It's clear what his words and intention is. It's not a threat against children. He is wrote she is broke and has all these kids, she is out for money and he wants to investigate that. I'm not adding a narrative just saying what the texts are saying. To read into things and try to use pretext is wrong when the messages are that clear. No matter our opinions on the guy we can't make conclusions like threatening kids based on those texts.

"All these kids"?  Huh?

And, oddly, broke people have children, too. 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #139 on: September 20, 2019, 10:13:51 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
God, trying to read Brown's texts are like trying to decipher a foreign language you don't understand. Because of this, I really can not tell if he is threatening the kids. Could go either way.

« Reply #140 on: September 20, 2019, 10:23:03 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Dirt. Bag.

"All these kids"?  Huh?

I'm not defending the guy for who he is but just saying those texts aren't threats and we shouldn't say they are because we don't like the guy. I'm on the record in this thread as saying, if half the stuff claimed is true and the rape stuff is false I still want him to lose money in the civil case for karma.

« Reply #141 on: September 20, 2019, 10:46:39 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Dirt. Bag.

"All these kids"?  Huh?

I'm not defending the guy for who he is but just saying those texts aren't threats and we shouldn't say they are because we don't like the guy. I'm on the record in this thread as saying, if half the stuff claimed is true and the rape stuff is false I still want him to lose money in the civil case for karma.

You've watched mobster movies, right?  If a gangster in the movie pulls out a picture of somebody's kids and says "Nice children you have there" with somebody he's having a dispute with, do you take him at face value?

« Reply #142 on: September 20, 2019, 04:15:40 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Say goodbye

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
Patriots released Antonio Brown. His stay in New England lasted one game.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #143 on: September 20, 2019, 04:25:11 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 324
Say goodbye

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
Patriots released Antonio Brown. His stay in New England lasted one game.

I guess the Pats decided that all of the accusations (or a good chunk of them, at least) are true.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #144 on: September 20, 2019, 04:32:32 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
I say his career his over..also no HOF
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #145 on: September 20, 2019, 04:32:34 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
sayonara

Now I can feel good about the Patriots once again

« Reply #146 on: September 20, 2019, 05:12:19 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
I respect that move. He was a walking distraction.

« Reply #147 on: September 20, 2019, 05:23:17 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
I respect that move. He was a walking distraction.

Yay, we got our wish

« Reply #148 on: September 20, 2019, 05:38:02 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
In this day and age people just can't keep there big mouths shut.

« Reply #149 on: September 20, 2019, 05:42:26 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
Great move.  He’s now a big nothing in the story of this season. Dragged on it could have soured the year.  Does anyone know the financial implications?  Did Pats lose any cap opportunities?