Author Topic: Rondo traded for Wright Nelson Crowder and 1st and 2nd  (Read 50179 times)

Re: Rondo traded for Wright Nelson Crowder and 1st and 2nd
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2014, 06:13:42 PM »

Offline HomerSapien

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 43
I'm so glad he's finally been moved, but I wish he brought back a bit more value than this poopourri.  Brandan Wright is supposed to be underrated, but I wish he was under contract for longer than the rest of the year.

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2014, 06:14:55 PM »

Offline Scintan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 656
He should have been traded years ago.  Keeping him cost a huge amount of value.
If you believe the rumors, Danny tried.  Unfortunately, no one was falling for it.

Overall, rondo has lost some value recently.  But, I don't think it was ever really as high and many fans thought.

If you recall my history, I've never been high on Rondo.  Having said that, there's no doubt in my mind that they could have gotten much better deals in the past. 

When people are free to do as they please, they usually imitate each other.

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2014, 06:15:24 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Worst trade Ainge has ever made.

Yeah, not a good one. Garbage players and a garbage pick.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2014, 06:16:12 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 513
Woooooo we got Brandan Wright!

« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2014, 06:16:27 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
We waited way too long.   I'm nostalgic for my debates about whether or not we should have moved him for Steph Curry (we should have) or Nerlens Noel (we should have) or Ben McLemore (we should have).   Luckily, ROndo's presence on the team last season had no effect whatsoever on our tanking ability.  If anything, he improved it since we were dramatically worse with Rondo on the court (6-24).    Ainge gambled on building around Rondo... he let quality vets pass us by (Afflalo and Asik come to mind)... he tried hard all Summer to land Kevin Love.  But when that failed (due to some dumb luck by the Cavs), we found ourselves in the position we were in right now...  Rondo on the verge of leaving us for nothing.  Not much of a market at all for the obscenely overrated player... gotta take what we can get.

Kudos to Ainge for cutting his loses and not letting this turn into another scenario like Ray Allen.   Kudos for Ainge for getting SOMETHING instead of nothing.  Kudos to Ainge for trying his darndest to land a superstar when a superstar become available.   It didn't work out.   Bummer. 

I mean, crap.  Speaking of nostalgia.  I once actually debated that moving Rondo for Pau Gasol would have been a smart move.  Lol.  I'd SOOO much rather have Pau Gasol right now (dude is beasting at age 34) than the pittance we just netted for our fringe all-star.

« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2014, 06:16:28 PM »

Offline bruinsandceltics

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 130
  • ANYTHING is posssiiibbbbllee
Shame Ainge messed this situation up so badly.

Should have traded Rondo at the latest last season, but realistically should have traded Rondo as soon as he traded Pierce and KG.

« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2014, 06:16:47 PM »

Offline letsgoblue86

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Ugh....what picks do we get?

2015 1st rd pick per Woj
And this just makes it worse.

« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2014, 06:17:13 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3062
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Why not call Dallas' bluff stand firm in that we are to keep Rondo? Ainge panicked and Cuban took him to the back of the shed.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2014, 06:17:25 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 415
Now who stays on the roster right now? Will Nelson and Crowder be waive? Cant wait to hear Bill Simmons
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2014, 06:18:08 PM »

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2004

I don't like it.

TP for a laugh on this dark, depressing day.

« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2014, 06:19:05 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
We waited way too long.   I'm nostalgic for my debates about whether or not we should have moved him for Steph Curry (we should have) or Nerlens Noel (we should have) or Ben McLemore (we should have).   Luckily, ROndo's presence on the team last season had no effect whatsoever on our tanking ability.  If anything, he improved it since we were dramatically worse with Rondo on the court (6-24).    Ainge gambled on building around Rondo... he let quality vets pass us by (Afflalo and Asik come to mind)... he tried hard all Summer to land Kevin Love.  But when that failed (due to some dumb luck by the Cavs), we found ourselves in the position we were in right now...  Rondo on the verge of leaving us for nothing.  Not much of a market at all for the obscenely overrated player... gotta take what we can get.

Kudos to Ainge for cutting his loses and not letting this turn into another scenario like Ray Allen.   Kudos for Ainge for getting SOMETHING instead of nothing.  Kudos to Ainge for trying his darndest to land a superstar when a superstar become available.   It didn't work out.   Bummer. 

I mean, crap.  Speaking of nostalgia.  I once actually debated that moving Rondo for Pau Gasol would have been a smart move.  Lol.  I'd SOOO much rather have Pau Gasol right now (dude is beasting at age 34) than the pittance we just netted for our fringe all-star.
As far as the curry deal, my recollection is that it was the warriors that said no.

« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2014, 06:20:35 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

As far as the curry deal, my recollection is that it was the warriors that said no.

They talked about it, but IIRC neither team was really gung ho.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2014, 06:20:51 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

Yup... this was when Curry was an injured 23 year old averaging 14 points.  It would have been an unpopular, risky move for Ainge, but I supported it. 

Of course, many fans were pretty adamant Ainge had never actually shopped Rondo and it was merely media lies.  I think if anything, we can all accept the reality that Ainge has been desperately trying to dump Rondo for value for several years now... failing repeatedly because nobody actually wanted the guy.  At the end of the day, we got garbage for him. 

« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2014, 06:21:15 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3062
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS

We still aren't getting squat in this deal. We should have stayed pat and maybe that other piece could have come around in the offseason you just never know what if we got lucky with a top five pick since were so bad supposedly and used it to get someone to pair with Rondo maybe Melo?
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2014, 06:21:57 PM »

Offline Rhyso

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 37
Show me a link because all I see is "Rondo likely headed to Dallas", not "Rondo has been traded".

Danny will go all the way to making a deal to see what he gets, but i wouldn't be suprised if he backs out.