San Antonio in 4
San Antonio in 5
San Antonio in 6
San Antonio in 7
Lakers in 4
Lakers in 5
Lakers in 6
Lakers in 7

Author Topic: San Antonio vs LA Lakers - Western Conference Finals  (Read 41232 times)

Re: San Antonio vs LA Lakers - Western Conference Finals
« Reply #90 on: May 28, 2008, 12:01:56 AM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
What -- just because Fisher lands directly on top of Barry and hits him in the head as he tries to get off a 3-pointer, you guys want a foul?   ;D  Man, the NBA has got to get rid of the Joey Crawford's and Dick Bavetta's of the world and find someone who can ref these games.  That truly was a disgrace.

« Reply #91 on: May 28, 2008, 12:03:02 AM »

Offline CoachCowens

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 9
Any surprise it was Joey Crawford.  How Dumb having him ref this game. Just adds to the conspiracy theory's. 

« Reply #92 on: May 28, 2008, 12:04:03 AM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
"Tell me that Crawford doesn’t matter. We got NBAed folks, that’s all there is to it."

Great line from a Spurs Blog.  They are rightfully pretty upset right now.  I can't even imagine what this site would be like right now if that was the Celts.

Another point, I'm glad we can't curse on this site.  I probably would during the games if I could, but it makes it so hard to read.  Way to make us step up our vocabulary mods!
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #93 on: May 28, 2008, 12:04:22 AM »

Offline mahonedog88

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 119
That foul aside, I think this series is showing of the Spurs on the way down instead of the Lakers on the way up.

Pau Gasol has had a VERY underwhelming series, but the Lakers keep winning.  It's pretty amazing.

« Reply #94 on: May 28, 2008, 12:05:09 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Reggie is such an idiot ... along with Joey Crawford! That was one of the worst no-calls I've seen in a long time ... ya, Chuck ... no favoritism there ... gimme a break!
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #95 on: May 28, 2008, 12:05:38 AM »

Offline Frontierboy

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 25
conspiracy man..... I hate the fact that ref never make any calls at the end of games...... players can hack all they want and not get called for it

« Reply #96 on: May 28, 2008, 12:05:58 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2411
It's not rocket science. Play Brent Barry minutes and you're a better basketball team. All playoffs long I've wanted this guy to get minutes. He was a key last night and he's the reason (after Duncan/Parker) the Spurs are still in this game.

Brilliant shooter. Quality passer. Good ballhanlder. Long, active, plays solid D, moves well without the ball, runs the floor. That sounds like a player that is worth having on the floor. Especially when you've been dying on perimeter shots all series and have been inconsistent throughout the playoffs and mediocre throughout the regular season from three as a team. Spurs need more shooters.

Barry does for San Antonio what Korver does for Utah. He needs minutes.

Glad to see Pop playing him tonight, must continue playing him to have any hope in this series.

But he is a little bit streaky.

He's not streaky. Barry is about as pure a shooter as you'll find in the league. He shot 48% from the field and 42% from downtown this season. He's shot 40% or above from three for 7 of his last 8 seasons. Don't think he's streaky elsewhere in his game either, he's a very dependable player.

« Reply #97 on: May 28, 2008, 12:07:57 AM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
So it was a foul, but since he didn't "sell" the contact it shouldn't be called.  I thought we were trying to get rid of people flopping in this league, not promote it.  Barry did exactly what he should've.  He got his man in the air, and knowing there wasn't much time left he did what he could to get around him to get some space to get the shot up.  The man lands on him, and instead of flopping around he still tries to get a shot up, and for that he is penalized?  Please...
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #98 on: May 28, 2008, 12:09:35 AM »

Offline Frontierboy

• Jaylen Brown
More bad officiating..... You know, I'm about to boycott the NBA..... if the Celtics get eliminated, I'm done watching the NBA this year.....

Man, if this happened to the C's I'd officially stop watching NBA basketball....

« Reply #99 on: May 28, 2008, 12:14:13 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
"Tell me that Crawford doesn’t matter. We got NBAed folks, that’s all there is to it."

Great line from a Spurs Blog.  They are rightfully pretty upset right now.  I can't even imagine what this site would be like right now if that was the Celts.

Another point, I'm glad we can't curse on this site.  I probably would during the games if I could, but it makes it so hard to read.  Way to make us step up our vocabulary mods!

Good point ... my family/friends think there's something wrong with me of late, 'cuz I keep using words like "heck" and "darn" and "oh, shoot" ... I have to blame it on CelticsBlog, but they still think I've gone soft, lol! I almost said "asterisk, asterisk, asterisk, asterisk" after burning my hand the other day ... I spend way too much time here!  ;)
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #100 on: May 28, 2008, 12:17:12 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
That ball probably hit the rim, but that's a *much* closer play than the non-call on the foul.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #101 on: May 28, 2008, 12:18:42 AM »

Offline vl819

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 19
it should have been called a non shooting foul because Barry put the ball on the floor right after Fischer got in the air. There was just too much contact.

The really sad part is Crawford was standing right behind them and had a great view of the play.

This is why there are conspiracy theories...

« Reply #102 on: May 28, 2008, 12:18:56 AM »

Offline Frontierboy

• Jaylen Brown
I hate it when people say (Charles, Kenny, Reggie) all saying that the ref didn't call it cause he didn't want the refs to decide the game..... that is ridiculous.... by not calling it, aren't you decising the game..... dummies

« Reply #103 on: May 28, 2008, 12:19:19 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2411
I haven't seen the replay yet but ...

I didn't think Barry got enough contact. Could have gone either way, same thing happened to LeBron in the Finals last season when he didn't get the call. If Barry had of jumped towards where Fisher was landing he definitely would have gotten the call. Barry hesitated and didn't take full contact, like Dirk does, so he didn't get the call. If he'd gone straight up and let Fisher hit him in midair he'd have gone to the line.

« Reply #104 on: May 28, 2008, 12:20:33 AM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
I haven't seen the replay yet but ...

I didn't think Barry got enough contact. Could have gone either way, same thing happened to LeBron in the Finals last season when he didn't get the call. If Barry had of jumped towards where Fisher was landing he definitely would have gotten the call. Barry hesitated and didn't take full contact, like Dirk does, so he didn't get the call. If he'd gone straight up and let Fisher hit him in midair he'd have gone to the line.

You have to be kidding me.  Fisher landed on top of Barry and hit his head.  Unbelievable that anyone would think that was not a foul.