Author Topic: Rondo Suspended 1 Game  (Read 11401 times)

Re: Rondo Suspended 1 Game
« Reply #60 on: January 07, 2013, 05:34:30 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
I love Rondo, but he REALLY has to stop this mess.

« Reply #61 on: January 07, 2013, 05:38:09 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
absolutely ridiculous suspension
nba is a joke, watch the game again and count missed calls on really obvious stuff, if the ref thought he was bumped he would have called it

« Reply #62 on: January 07, 2013, 05:38:18 PM »

Offline Smutzy#9

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
Rondo gets 0 love from the league at all. can guarentee if lebron kobe rose or durant did that we wouldnt be having this conversation.

I heard a ref tell Lebron to walk away lebron death stared him and said dont talk to me like that. The ref then walked away. No tech, where is the consistency?

« Reply #63 on: January 07, 2013, 05:39:27 PM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
pierce will take over
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #64 on: January 07, 2013, 05:44:00 PM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
nba is a joke, watch the game again and count missed calls on really obvious stuff, if the ref thought he was bumped he would have called it

You mean like Josh Smith pimp slapping Rondo's face and the the refs not only didn't call a foul, but gave the ball to the Hawks?

If KG did that it would have been a flagrant 2 and an ejection.  At least KG hit the ball.  The League reviews those and yet no flagrant assessed to Smith, so I guess there wasn't really contact to Rondo's head?

« Reply #65 on: January 07, 2013, 05:49:35 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Rondo's stubbornness is a significant problem. People like that are prone to not take responsibility for their actions.

He is a great player and I'm glad to have him, but he is a bit of a loose cannon due to his temper issues and lack of respect for others. That is part of what makes him great, but it will also lead to him being suspended at moments like this.

« Reply #66 on: January 07, 2013, 05:49:51 PM »

Offline Smutzy#9

• Jaylen Brown

You mean like Josh Smith pimp slapping Rondo's face and the the refs not only didn't call a foul, but gave the ball to the Hawks?

If KG did that it would have been a flagrant 2 and an ejection.  At least KG hit the ball.  The League reviews those and yet no flagrant assessed to Smith, so I guess there wasn't really contact to Rondo's head?

TP here exactly the case im talking about. the excuse for KG's flagrant 2 the other day the ref stated to doc "he hit him in the head, what do you want me to do"

Not to mention that its absurd that nothing was done one the court at the time of the altercation, i heard the announcers mention something about it be he was 5X the homer tommy is

The ref obviously didnt think it was a big deal then, why does it have to be one now.

Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. i cant wait till NBA front office gets gutted. Bring in some new officials that actually call the fairly and call things like palms, travels ect. its bullEdited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. today

« Reply #67 on: January 07, 2013, 05:52:57 PM »

Offline Mr Green

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 33
Sounds like the Hawks GM sent video of the bump to league officials.  They fined him 15k for doing so. 

You have to think this gets overlooked if Ferry doesn't do that.  That's a prick move on his part.

He's going to get himself a reputation as a snitch.

« Reply #68 on: January 07, 2013, 05:56:09 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
I'm probably the only one, (and I wish we had Rondo tonight), but I'm interested to see how Avery will perform without his buddy at point ... and will he still play the two?
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #69 on: January 07, 2013, 05:56:21 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777

TP here exactly the case im talking about. the excuse for KG's flagrant 2 the other day the ref stated to doc "he hit him in the head, what do you want me to do"

Not to mention that its absurd that nothing was done one the court at the time of the altercation, i heard the announcers mention something about it be he was 5X the homer tommy is

The ref obviously didnt think it was a big deal then, why does it have to be one now.

**** i cant wait till NBA front office gets gutted. Bring in some new officials that actually call the fairly and call things like palms, travels ect. its bull**** today
KG's foul where Mike Gorman, upon seeing the replay, said straight out to Tommy, "That's a flagrant"?

Doesn't seem controversial to me.

The ref not making the call does not decide the issue. The ref might not want to impact the game in progress despite Rondo being way out of line. If the ref made a mistake, the league is rectifying it. Not a problem.

« Reply #70 on: January 07, 2013, 06:04:43 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
What a load of BS. Don't recall Howard getting suspended for slapping a ref's butt. Same thing.

« Reply #71 on: January 07, 2013, 06:10:16 PM »

Offline Smutzy#9

• Jaylen Brown

**** i cant wait till NBA front office gets gutted. Bring in some new officials that actually call the fairly and call things like palms, travels ect. its bull**** today
KG's foul where Mike Gorman, upon seeing the replay, said straight out to Tommy, "That's a flagrant"?

Doesn't seem controversial to me.

The ref not making the call does not decide the issue. The ref might not want to impact the game in progress despite Rondo being way out of line. If the ref made a mistake, the league is rectifying it. Not a problem.

The problem with you saying that is there is quite often no calls at key moments in games that would impact games in a different way where officials do make mistakes. And i know i should probably let it go but the hit wade did on rondo in game 2 of the east finals last year we had all the momentum wade clearly hits rondo in the head no call. Refs made a mistake league does nothing about it.

I agree that Garnetts flagrant should of been at least a flagrant 1 but a 2 was absurd.

Rondo probably should know by now that he shouldnt be doing things like this because this is what is going to happen.

Refs making mistakes is happening too much i would just like to see some consistency with calls come into play. Ie kg made a play on the ball hit someone in the head.....gets flagrant 2. Smith makes a play on the ball hits rondo in the face...... no call. difference?

« Reply #72 on: January 07, 2013, 06:17:00 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Yikes.

When I 1st saw this thread I thought it some sort of old thread that got brought back.

Can't say I recall seeing him do any such thing, obviously he must have though.  Have to check the video when I get to a computer.

Rondo should know by now the league is after him.  Stern loves to make examples of those whom he perceives as "bad apples".

« Reply #73 on: January 07, 2013, 06:24:33 PM »

Offline tonyto3690

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 39
The report is that the suspension isn't because of the bump.

It's because of Rondos lack of cooperation in the follow up investigation of the bump.

Even if it was for the bump, I don't have an issue with it.  He has a previous track record and it was clearly intentional. 

This is 100% on Rondo.  Do not blame the league.  It's not the NBA's fault Rondo is an immature punk.

So much for being our leader.  *rolls eyes*

« Reply #74 on: January 07, 2013, 06:24:47 PM »

Offline albas89

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
Way to ruin a great Celtics-Knicks game David Stern... ::)
"Life has so many hurdles. Some of them I've hopped over, some of them I've tripped over. The key is to get back up and finish the race."- Paul Pierce

And he did finish...