Author Topic: ESPN Article on Ingram  (Read 2626 times)

Re: ESPN Article on Ingram
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2019, 12:21:06 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Now his numbers are all around pretty good, but it's in the context of a team that's losing really badly.
Right but how much of that is on him and how much of that is on the team for pairing him with Okafor, Holiday (or Hart), and Moore in the front court?

Of course if he was playing with more talented fowards (hi Zion get well soon) would he have the same space and freedom to produce like this? Or would his inability to contribute on D or to team rebounding be even more glaring then.

Hard player to judge, especially with RFA coming.

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2019, 12:47:11 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
Averaging 26 pts on 18 shots, that is great.  We'll see if he can keep it up.

During the draft, he was listed at 6'-9.5".  Now on his ESPN player profile (and everywhere else I checked) he is listed at 6'-7".  That is a big difference in perceived length.  I saw another thread where they mentioned that the NBA is "cracking down" on realistic measurements.  Is he really only 6'-7"?  Is it just me or does this change your perception of him?

Brandon Xavier Ingram is an American professional basketball player for the New Orleans Pelicans of the National Basketball Association. He was selected by the Los Angeles Lakers with the second overall pick in the 2016 NBA draft, and was named to the NBA All-Rookie Second Team. Wikipedia
Born: September 2, 1997 (age 22 years), Kinston, NC
Height: 6′ 7″
Weight: 190 lbs
Wingspan: 7′ 3″

Note:  Upon further digging, I understand all height measurements are with shoes OFF (barefoot) and must be certified by the team doctor.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2019, 01:00:04 PM by Vermont Green »

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2019, 12:49:30 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
Averaging 26 pts on 18 shots, that is great.  We'll see if he can keep it up.

During the draft, he was listed at 6'-9.5".  Now on his ESPN player profile (and everywhere else I checked) he is listed at 6'-7".  That is a big difference in perceived length.  I saw another thread where they mentioned that the NBA is "cracking down" on realistic measurements.  Is he really only 6'-7"?  Is it just me or does this change your perception of him?

Brandon Xavier Ingram is an American professional basketball player for the New Orleans Pelicans of the National Basketball Association. He was selected by the Los Angeles Lakers with the second overall pick in the 2016 NBA draft, and was named to the NBA All-Rookie Second Team. Wikipedia
Born: September 2, 1997 (age 22 years), Kinston, NC
Height: 6′ 7″
Weight: 190 lbs
Wingspan: 7′ 3″

If Ingram is only 6'7" then he must be the skinniest player in history!