Author Topic: Celtics Orlando Updates  (Read 29970 times)

Re: Celtics Orlando Updates
« Reply #75 on: July 13, 2020, 01:58:36 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2522
Rondo suffered "significant" hand injury during practice Sunday night, will return to full basketball activities in 6-8 weeks.

What goes around, comes around eh Rondo? Also, LeBron is getting ready for his excuses when they lose in the playoffs

I think this hurts them worse than AB sitting out....

I always feared meeting Rondo in the finals - in a Laker uniform. Dude ALMOST beat us by himself when he was in CHI during our post-season run with IT4...

Then he got hurt and our way seemed a bit easier.

LeBron and Co will try to spin this in a positive light but I am SURE there is some concern here.

They've picked up who? Dion Waiters and JR Smith? Two good players but JR hasn't played since 2018? And Dion is streaky?

They've gotten WORSE on perimeter defense, now.

They basically picked up two guys who like to shoot a lot, play no defense, don't like to pass, and are streaky shooters at best. They are also both head cases. Not good.

Remember the head case that beat the Cs in game 7 in 2010? 

Still pains. 

« Reply #76 on: July 13, 2020, 02:26:46 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Rondo suffered "significant" hand injury during practice Sunday night, will return to full basketball activities in 6-8 weeks.

What goes around, comes around eh Rondo? Also, LeBron is getting ready for his excuses when they lose in the playoffs

Your post almost sounds like you're celebrating the injury to a player, especially one that is a former Celtic and was once beloved by most of us; doesn't justify or imply he 'deserved,' it because he was being obnoxious. Come on man, you're better than this.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #77 on: July 13, 2020, 02:30:27 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

Your post almost sounds like you're celebrating the injury to a player, especially one that is a former Celtic and was once beloved by most of us; doesn't justify or imply he 'deserved,' it because he was being obnoxious. Come on man, you're better than this.

Yeah, I mean, Rondo's always been obnoxious and always will be. Still totally love him as a player. He's legit old school.

« Reply #78 on: July 13, 2020, 02:49:12 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas

Yeah, I mean, Rondo's always been obnoxious and always will be. Still totally love him as a player. He's legit old school.

When Doc Rivers, one of the most likable player coaches in the NBA, comes out and says coaching you was very difficult and hard. That should tell you enough. Still, I wouldn't wish injury or even glee at someone being hurt.

But still I got love for number 9. It breaks my heart to see him in the LAL uniform, but... I'll never forget the memories.

« Reply #79 on: July 13, 2020, 02:55:23 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
Westbrook has tested positive for COVID-19, there is speculation James Harden has also, but that has not been announced.

[dang]. When stars like these guys start missing games, thats when this is really going to impact the remainder of this season.

At least he tested positive before entering the bubble. So them catching this is an example of the bubble working so far.

« Reply #80 on: July 13, 2020, 03:18:34 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
Westbrook has tested positive for COVID-19, there is speculation James Harden has also, but that has not been announced.

[dang]. When stars like these guys start missing games, thats when this is really going to impact the remainder of this season.

At least he tested positive before entering the bubble. So them catching this is an example of the bubble working so far.

Good point. So far the bubble has held up.

« Reply #81 on: July 13, 2020, 03:42:40 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1474

When Doc Rivers, one of the most likable player coaches in the NBA, comes out and says coaching you was very difficult and hard. That should tell you enough. Still, I wouldn't wish injury or even glee at someone being hurt.

But still I got love for number 9. It breaks my heart to see him in the LAL uniform, but... I'll never forget the memories.

I agree, Rondo is a total pain, but I still love that guy.  I don't really blame him for going with the Lakers, I mean it isn't like he choose to go to the lakers vs the celtics.  We traded him.

« Reply #82 on: July 13, 2020, 03:53:17 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas

I agree, Rondo is a total pain, but I still love that guy.  I don't really blame him for going with the Lakers, I mean it isn't like he choose to go to the lakers vs the celtics.  We traded him.

Well, he was clashing with Stevens, and he was clearly disgruntled. He didn't exactly leave on a good note nor endear himself to the fans with his "haven't played defense," in years remark.

But yeah, still have love for him. And when he retires, it'll be a sad day for pure point guards.

« Reply #83 on: July 13, 2020, 05:59:21 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
Here's another NBA player that accidentally left the bubble and has to quarantine:

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1282774666969518092

« Reply #84 on: July 13, 2020, 07:15:49 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Here's another NBA player that accidentally left the bubble and has to quarantine:

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1282774666969518092

Glad that the NBA is doing it this strictly.  Quarantine plus negative tests to re-enter the bubble will help keep the bubble sealed.

« Reply #85 on: July 13, 2020, 07:28:26 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
Oladipo reportedly planning to play

https://mobile.twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1282810604848283649

Do you guys think this makes the Pacers a threat in the East?

« Reply #86 on: July 13, 2020, 07:35:57 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Oladipo reportedly planning to play

https://mobile.twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1282810604848283649

Do you guys think this makes the Pacers a threat in the East?

I think any of the top 6 teams in the East are a threat just by the nature of the restart.  If it takes a team 10-15 games to get its groove back, that team is likely out.

« Reply #87 on: July 13, 2020, 07:56:27 PM »

Offline NorthStation

• NCE
  • Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 6
Kemba Walker and Hayward's injuries aren't that concerning.

Please can we just stop overreacting and see what happens before we make such remarks? It's almost disrespectful to the players who have worked hard to come back, especially Hayward.

Kemba's knee is concerning....He is missing practice today and yesterday. I really hate to say it, but the knee is shot. Normal wear and tear would be healed after four months. Cartilage degeneration is incurable  in 2020. This really sucks for Kemba!

Now we'll be stuck with the journeyman Brad Wanamisser, who is NOT a starting point guard in the NBA.

« Reply #88 on: July 13, 2020, 08:03:07 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Kemba Walker and Hayward's injuries aren't that concerning.

Please can we just stop overreacting and see what happens before we make such remarks? It's almost disrespectful to the players who have worked hard to come back, especially Hayward.

Kemba's knee is concerning....He is missing practice today and yesterday. I really hate to say it, but the knee is shot. Normal wear and tear would be healed after four months. Cartilage degeneration is incurable  in 2020. This really sucks for Kemba!

Now we'll be stuck with the journeyman Brad Wanamisser, who is NOT a starting point guard in the NBA.

I, too, find it concerning. Kemba's had almost four months off, and what we were told was not a "significant" injury is still bothering him.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #89 on: July 13, 2020, 08:07:05 PM »

Offline NorthStation

• NCE
  • Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 6

I, too, find it concerning. Kemba's had almost four months off, and what we were told was not a "significant" injury is still bothering him.
[/quote]

The Celtics and Brad Stevens are blowing smoke up our butts. Hayward needs to stay healthy because he is best suited to run the offense with Kemba out. Of course Hayward will be missing several games in the playoffs... ::)