Author Topic: Celtics Orlando Updates  (Read 29740 times)

Re: Celtics Orlando Updates
« Reply #60 on: July 12, 2020, 07:56:44 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
So question....

Is anybody else concerned that our 2 thirty year old max stars are both having continuing  problems with lower leg soreness despite 4 months off?

Like forget this year, that doesn't fill me with confidence moving forward, especially with how condensed the schedule may be moving from this year into next year.

Yes, big concern. Slow progression is a bad sign even with 4 months off. This adjusted season is going to drive Walker to the ground, and next season is going to be brutal. Hayward- I don't even know what to say about him. Does his heart still want to be a Celtic or is he going to be mediocre with max money

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #61 on: July 12, 2020, 08:13:13 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Even though I raised some concerns about Kemba a page ago I STILL think this is perhaps our BEST shot NOW...

My gauge for this is compared to the last 12 years or so we've had KG's knee close our window....Perk not playing in that Game 7 2010....Rondo getting hurt during that tangle up with D-Wade....

IT4 being the GALLANT hero but us fans knowing we'd need MORE than just IT4...

Kyrie's issues....GH's injury around the same time as Kyrie.

Wondering about whether Kyrie was staying or going...

Al Horford leaving....

Now? We're YOUNGER...a LOT younger.

my hope is that Kemba's issues are NOT serious - and I don't think they are.

I think that as long as GH plays he makes us a BETTER...deeper team.

And unlike the last 12 years or so we've got two bonafide YOUNG studs contributing NOW..

We pretty much KNOW our future revolves around THOSE two somehow...with Smart factoring in as well.

Smart WILL age well...I hope he wears Green FOREVER.

We're in a MUCH better place I believe.

Just have to stay safe and navigate Covid. We have as good a shot as any team and have already PROVEN this during the season.

« Reply #62 on: July 12, 2020, 09:53:55 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Kemba Walker and Hayward's injuries aren't that concerning.

Please can we just stop overreacting and see what happens before we make such remarks? It's almost disrespectful to the players who have worked hard to come back, especially Hayward.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #63 on: July 12, 2020, 10:05:35 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549
Kemba Walker and Hayward's injuries aren't that concerning.

Please can we just stop overreacting and see what happens before we make such remarks? It's almost disrespectful to the players who have worked hard to come back, especially Hayward.

Overreacting is what we do.

« Reply #64 on: July 12, 2020, 11:44:39 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
We're not going anywhere without a healthy Kemba.

I hope he's healthy....if not we're in a bad place.

We're not competing this year without a healthy Kemba, that's for certain.

On the whole the Celtics aren't in a bad spot anyway. If such a thing would be true, then I would finally be happy about Ainge holding on to all his picks and not moving young guys for instant improvement.

If the Celtics have to go through 2-3 seasons without Kemba ever getting back to 100%, we can (partly) focus on developing Waters, Edwards, Langford, Ojeleye, G.Williams, R.Williams and new rookies to see who can fill roles in the supporting cast for Brown and Tatum.

We gotta hope Tatum becomes the next KD35, Brown becomes like the next Kawhi Leonard, and just sign an above-average PG to have any shot at winning. After all, wings and bigs do win chips.
If you have KD and Kawhi on the same team you could surround them with G-Leaguers and still make the Finals

If Edwards becomes the new Curry, Langford the new Wade and Timelord the new admiral then we'll have a real shot at winning:

Curry/Wade/Leonard/Durant/Robinson (aka future: Edwards/Langford/Brown/Tatum/R.Williams)
Carsen will have his hands full battling Tremont "Future John Stockton" Waters for that starting PG position

He forgot to mention we would also have Tacko, the new Shaq.  :angel:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #65 on: July 13, 2020, 12:35:32 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Rondo suffered "significant" hand injury during practice Sunday night, will return to full basketball activities in 6-8 weeks.

What goes around, comes around eh Rondo? Also, LeBron is getting ready for his excuses when they lose in the playoffs

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #66 on: July 13, 2020, 12:41:36 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Rondo suffered "significant" hand injury during practice Sunday night, will return to full basketball activities in 6-8 weeks.

What goes around, comes around eh Rondo? Also, LeBron is getting ready for his excuses when they lose in the playoffs
Seems like the former Celtics are a bit cursed on that Lakers squad, hey? Might just be a former Celtic-guard thing in general, *cough, Cryrie, cough*
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #67 on: July 13, 2020, 01:40:49 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
https://twitter.com/nicolecyang/status/1281967152875143168

Nicole Yang

@nicolecyang

Brad Stevens says Robert Williams is a "full go."

I'm ready for it.

Give me some TIMELORD!  Happy to hear he is ready to go.

I'm not prescient, but I could definitely see a short clip about the 2020 NBA Champions including something about a young defensive big that struggled to get healthy but was a "full go" in the playoffs and that championship run put him on a trajectory toward the defensive MVP he would win a few years later.

Timelord is my favorite player so I'm very happy that he's ready to go. TP for the word prescient, added to my English vocabulary  ;D

We're not going anywhere without a healthy Kemba.

I hope he's healthy....if not we're in a bad place.

We're not competing this year without a healthy Kemba, that's for certain.

On the whole the Celtics aren't in a bad spot anyway. If such a thing would be true, then I would finally be happy about Ainge holding on to all his picks and not moving young guys for instant improvement.

If the Celtics have to go through 2-3 seasons without Kemba ever getting back to 100%, we can (partly) focus on developing Waters, Edwards, Langford, Ojeleye, G.Williams, R.Williams and new rookies to see who can fill roles in the supporting cast for Brown and Tatum.

We gotta hope Tatum becomes the next KD35, Brown becomes like the next Kawhi Leonard, and just sign an above-average PG to have any shot at winning. After all, wings and bigs do win chips.
If you have KD and Kawhi on the same team you could surround them with G-Leaguers and still make the Finals

If Edwards becomes the new Curry, Langford the new Wade and Timelord the new admiral then we'll have a real shot at winning:

Curry/Wade/Leonard/Durant/Robinson (aka future: Edwards/Langford/Brown/Tatum/R.Williams)

OH MY GORD. I was literally like "who is Langford?" I literally forgot we had a new shiny first round pick who is already starting to seriously show he belongs.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #68 on: July 13, 2020, 09:33:46 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
https://twitter.com/BDCCeltics/status/1281975206857396224

Boston.com Celtics News
@BDCCeltics
·
Jul 11
Jayson Tatum: "I can get better at everything. Just trying to take it up another level, honestly."

While we certainly did miss out on Kobe, at least we got the next protege.

« Reply #69 on: July 13, 2020, 09:36:27 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

Wow, so the Lakers lost their starting backcourt altogether.

« Reply #70 on: July 13, 2020, 10:00:47 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas

Wow, so the Lakers lost their starting backcourt altogether.

He hasn't been starting, if anything, it'll give someone else a better chance to shine. Rajon Rondo has fallen greatly from what he used to be. Lakers Reddit used to lambaste him for making dumb plays, and forcing tough passes, (we know he can make them,) dribbling the ball for 5-6 seconds while stopping ball movement and.. (Gee, where does this sound familiar?..)

LeBron James is basically doing everything, but takes a huge breather on defense generally guarding the weakest scorer and applying pressure on the weak side with his size.

__

From B/R

« Reply #71 on: July 13, 2020, 12:57:22 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785

I think this hurts them worse than AB sitting out....

I always feared meeting Rondo in the finals - in a Laker uniform. Dude ALMOST beat us by himself when he was in CHI during our post-season run with IT4...

Then he got hurt and our way seemed a bit easier.

LeBron and Co will try to spin this in a positive light but I am SURE there is some concern here.

They've picked up who? Dion Waiters and JR Smith? Two good players but JR hasn't played since 2018? And Dion is streaky?

They've gotten WORSE on perimeter defense, now.

« Reply #72 on: July 13, 2020, 01:01:04 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

I think this hurts them worse than AB sitting out....

I always feared meeting Rondo in the finals - in a Laker uniform. Dude ALMOST beat us by himself when he was in CHI during our post-season run with IT4...

Then he got hurt and our way seemed a bit easier.

LeBron and Co will try to spin this in a positive light but I am SURE there is some concern here.

They've picked up who? Dion Waiters and JR Smith? Two good players but JR hasn't played since 2018? And Dion is streaky?

They've gotten WORSE on perimeter defense, now.

They basically picked up two guys who like to shoot a lot, play no defense, don't like to pass, and are streaky shooters at best. They are also both head cases. Not good.

« Reply #73 on: July 13, 2020, 01:13:42 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
Westbrook has tested positive for COVID-19, there is speculation James Harden has also, but that has not been announced.

« Reply #74 on: July 13, 2020, 01:20:20 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
Westbrook has tested positive for COVID-19, there is speculation James Harden has also, but that has not been announced.

[dang]. When stars like these guys start missing games, thats when this is really going to impact the remainder of this season.