Author Topic: Celtics Orlando Updates  (Read 30151 times)

Re: Celtics Orlando Updates
« Reply #135 on: July 20, 2020, 11:17:25 AM »

Offline Greengang5

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 21
Didn't see this posted.  Best of Celtics practice restart.

https://youtu.be/Pr3ze6DM8aM

« Reply #136 on: July 20, 2020, 12:43:17 PM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
“I worked on it so much with Joe, it’s hard for me to fall back into where I would normally shoot,” Langford told reporters via Zoom on Friday. “I may shoot like one, two here and there like my old jumper but really it’s never a problem any more. It’s more fluid, it’s more natural to me now,  so it’s much easier.”

Mazzulla told MassLive in December that Langford’s relapses into his old shooting form during practice are intentional -- Langford likes to tweak the assistant coach.

“It’s little stuff like that that I appreciate and I think is funny,” Mazzulla said. “But he does that -- if he’s making 100 shots, 10 of them he shoots just to p--- me off.”

“On the defensive end, things definitely slowed down a lot,” Langford said. “I was watching a lot of film when I wasn’t playing and a bunch when I was playing, and it made when I got out there a lot easier for me. I felt like my defense was hitting a real good stride before the season ended.”

Still, he says he’s ready for whatever.

“I’m just going to keep the same mindset as I had,” Langford said. “I felt like I had the right mindset during the season just staying ready, never knowing when my name was going to be called, but when it is called, be ready and make the most of it. So I’m just going to go into that and play my hardest when I get out there just like I did. Just do whatever it takes to help the team win.”

It would be nice if Langford's shot really did improve. It would absolutely do wonders for him.

If we're being honest I think we all have to agree there's a number of red flags here.

1.  Not taking practice seriously
2.  Attention seeking behavior/neediness with coaches
3.  Intentionally shooting 10% of his shots with bad form.

Can someone ask Ray Allen when he started just goofing off during shoot around?

« Reply #137 on: July 20, 2020, 12:57:21 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
“I worked on it so much with Joe, it’s hard for me to fall back into where I would normally shoot,” Langford told reporters via Zoom on Friday. “I may shoot like one, two here and there like my old jumper but really it’s never a problem any more. It’s more fluid, it’s more natural to me now,  so it’s much easier.”

Mazzulla told MassLive in December that Langford’s relapses into his old shooting form during practice are intentional -- Langford likes to tweak the assistant coach.

“It’s little stuff like that that I appreciate and I think is funny,” Mazzulla said. “But he does that -- if he’s making 100 shots, 10 of them he shoots just to p--- me off.”

“On the defensive end, things definitely slowed down a lot,” Langford said. “I was watching a lot of film when I wasn’t playing and a bunch when I was playing, and it made when I got out there a lot easier for me. I felt like my defense was hitting a real good stride before the season ended.”

“I’m just going to keep the same mindset as I had,” Langford said. “I felt like I had the right mindset during the season just staying ready, never knowing when my name was going to be called, but when it is called, be ready and make the most of it. So I’m just going to go into that and play my hardest when I get out there just like I did. Just do whatever it takes to help the team win.”

It would be nice if Langford's shot really did improve. It would absolutely do wonders for him.

If we're being honest I think we all have to agree there's a number of red flags here.

Saw video from Orlando and it looked good. Smooth. Most players good around a bit during a 2 to 3 hour practice taking bad shots. It's in the game Is be worried. Plus at his age Allen was still in college and who knows if he didn't mess around during practices. Kids what 19? If he's not improving at all then there is something to worry about.

« Reply #138 on: July 20, 2020, 12:59:18 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Thanks for posting the practice video.  Much appreciated .

So several things come to mind .

Fiirst from the far distance ,  I thought KG was practicing , but of course it was Tacko .   Darn

Second .....Tacko looks healthy as a Giant Man can look .  Like he could pickup Tremont Waters under one arm and Edwards under the other .  Surely someone this huge has to be useful under the rim .

This looks depressing to me .  It looks like they are on a remote island in a far far away land.   I feel sorry for them.

Next is it smart to send all our NBA stars , coaches etc....to the state that seems to have runaway Covid19 and may end up with the most cases

With maybe less,than 100 people in the immediate gym ...who,are going to,be told NOT to take sides no matter who they like of court .   How are the players going to get to that extra level of adrenaline, and focus that makes them different from you and me.

This makes me think of  what of a state of the art video game in 50 years , where we won't hardly be able to reconize non human film at all.

Playing in dead gym ....is going to work on some guys psychy. 

LeBron might actually fall asleep on the bench ,  if not on the court ,  he already looks disengaged from the play 50% of the time.

« Reply #139 on: July 20, 2020, 12:59:44 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2523

Mostly I like that he's 20 and has already shown he can play in the league -- even if right now it's more the defensive end.  I'd rather C's had Matisse Thybulle right now, but he's 23.   

« Reply #140 on: July 20, 2020, 01:31:54 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

The three things you listed all stem from the same thing - taking a few shots with his old form just to make his shooting coach freak out. I realize this seems like it could be a red flag, but Langford comes from a good family, has a strong work ethic, and has performed well academically. His personality may make it seem like he 'doesn't care', but I don't doubt that he is putting in the work. Just the knowledge that he needed to become a strong defensive player before anything else is a sign that he knows that he is taking his opportunity seriously. I think and I hope that we will be pleasantly surprised by Romeo over the next couple of years.

« Reply #141 on: July 20, 2020, 07:18:26 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Rofl. I guess the assistant coach being in on it and thinking it’s funny isn’t enough for you
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #142 on: July 20, 2020, 07:24:18 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065

Things we missed: video from practice, progress reports on the young talent, getting excited about the playoffs...

Things we didn't miss: hot takes.

BTW: this guy looks like he's having fun goofing off. Too bad he's doomed to never win a ring.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgwZrBi1_7o

« Reply #143 on: July 20, 2020, 07:42:04 PM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
Romeo, of all the young players on the team, looks "most likely to develop a professional game."

There are plenty of "great athletes" in the NBA and Romeo is certainly one of them. If any of these guys can become an impact player is another matter.

Romeo has "good feet" - he launches well and moves with the man he's defending.

As above, he's got hops and his hands go where he wants them to.

Excellent handle from his minutes on film in college and with the Claws. The ball is correct with his body and his moves.

Has always shown a solid outside shot....not with parent club yet.

Is very good underneath. As above, excellent timing when dealing with the bigs and getting to the ball. Soft hands around the rim.

He has averaged 11 minutes in 27 NBA games and has a long way to go. 

Another advantage is he was "Mr. Indiana Basketball" and his coach might as well have been.

Beyond this? He's behind a large number of NBA all stars and seasoned bench players....not to mention Tacko Fall who is way taller than Romeo and is significantly more famous.

« Reply #144 on: July 20, 2020, 07:43:00 PM »

Offline NorthStation

• NCE
  • Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 6

Thanks for the link.

« Reply #145 on: July 20, 2020, 07:52:10 PM »

Offline NorthStation

• NCE
  • Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 6

I don't think any of these things are a red flag. The guy really started to come along on the defensive end. He also played pretty well inside, including rebounding. Langford has a higher ceiling than any other celtic rookie. He'll be fine.

« Reply #146 on: July 20, 2020, 08:07:35 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

Romeo and the assistant coach were just joking around.... Geez, live a little, will ya?
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #147 on: July 21, 2020, 04:23:38 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
If Romeo's new shot holds in real NBA games he could be very useful for us in the playoffs - we can use a three-point shooting wing who can defend quicker perimeter players while not losing much ground against big wings.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #148 on: July 21, 2020, 09:42:16 AM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 468

Thanks for the link.

Romeo's shot looked good.  Semi, unfortunately, did not.  I really root for Semi.  He's tough, He's a great dude, he's a good defender but for some reason he just can't seem to shoot it consistently.  He'd be very useful if he could.  I love the guy but it will continue to be hard to keep his roster spot if he can't make a basket. 

« Reply #149 on: July 21, 2020, 10:14:41 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

Thanks for the link.

Romeo's shot looked good.  Semi, unfortunately, did not.  I really root for Semi.  He's tough, He's a great dude, he's a good defender but for some reason he just can't seem to shoot it consistently.  He'd be very useful if he could.  I love the guy but it will continue to be hard to keep his roster spot if he can't make a basket.

Well he is shooing 36.7% this year on the same amount of attempts as last year. So not a world beater, but not like he's the worst.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different