Author Topic: Soooooo Charles Oakley just got into a fight at the Knick game.  (Read 7261 times)

Soooooo Charles Oakley just got into a fight at the Knick game.
« on: February 08, 2017, 11:02:25 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159

Re: Soooooo Charles Oakley just got into a fight at the Knick game.
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2017, 01:23:34 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
pretty insane in other footage. Took like 9 security people to get him out. He is one strong 50 year old man.

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2017, 01:35:01 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Looks like he's being charged with assault and trespassing.

The only fair and just verdict from this case is James Dolan being forced to surrender ownership of the Knicks to Charles Oakley. Oakley would be wise, and probably likely, to summarily dismiss Phil Jackson from his duties, upon taking ownership of the franchise.

Oakley is a bad dude. The Knicks are just a bad franchise.

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2017, 01:54:30 AM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 321
oakley always had fight in him. maybe carmelo will watch this video.

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2017, 03:33:11 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
sounds like he was heckling Dolan and Dolan told security to get him out.
Didn't realize Dolan could do that to a spectator...

Charged with assault, all he did was get guys out of his personal space from what I saw. No law suit there.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2017, 05:47:37 AM »

Offline BE-Celtic

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 48
Knicks definitely in superb shape !

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2017, 06:57:04 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Storyline elements:
- Phil is failing to build the team
- Phil enraged LeBron (Posse incident) and Melo (most recently with yesterday's Ding tweet)
- LeBron and Melo have been friends for 15 years
- Phil wants Melo to drop the no-trade clause to so he can get more assets in return for him
- Melo is being disciplined during the crisis, not wanting to inflame the situation even further publicly
- Oakley is a Cleveland native
- Oakley isn't included in the 70th Knick anniversary fest in any shape or form

My guess, and this is all very speculative, is:
After Phil's latest diss to Melo, Lebron offered a little payback to comfort his longtime friend. He "ringed a bell" on Oakley's phone. After a little talk without much persuasion, Oakley (Cleveland-born) agreed to take Lebron's gift, in form of a Knicks game ticket, not coincidently numbered just a few rows behind Dolan. Oakley is already unhappy that his 10 Knick years are not appreciated. He tried to diss Dolan publicly, and it is not hard to get support for that these days.

Lebron's hands are clean.
Melo's hands are clean.
They got their payback.
Dolan smelled it all and threw Oak out of MSG. Oak said he was there for just 4 minutes.
Oak will get his counter-favor somewhere down the road.

"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2017, 07:38:14 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 743
How bad could Oakley have been heckling Dolan that early in the game? The first quarter wasn't even over. My guess is Dolan overreacted because he's a baby and Oakley made it worse by being stubborn about not wanting to leave.

So I agree with KGs Knee. ;)
The only fair and just verdict from this case is James Dolan being forced to surrender ownership of the Knicks to Charles Oakley.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2017, 08:08:26 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Knicks fans should get the seats near Dolan and wear Oakley jerseys for the rest of the season.

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2017, 09:30:59 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
How bad could Oakley have been heckling Dolan that early in the game? The first quarter wasn't even over. My guess is Dolan overreacted because he's a baby and Oakley made it worse by being stubborn about not wanting to leave.

The only fair and just verdict from this case is James Dolan being forced to surrender ownership of the Knicks to Charles Oakley.
Dolan is a turd, but I don't see how he is the problem with Oakley is assaulting people.

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2017, 10:59:07 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1550

Dolan is a turd, but I don't see how he is the problem with Oakley is assaulting people.
Oakley obviously overreacted, but it seems clear that the security guards laid a hand on Oakley first.  It also seems clear that by sending over more than 5 security guards, the Knicks were trying to make a scene and escalate the situation. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2017, 01:49:21 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395

Oakley obviously overreacted, but it seems clear that the security guards laid a hand on Oakley first.  It also seems clear that by sending over more than 5 security guards, the Knicks were trying to make a scene and escalate the situation.

Knicks fired their head of security today

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2017, 02:46:43 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2017, 03:07:28 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1550
Is there a worse owner in sports right now than James Dolan. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2017, 03:10:04 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

Knicks fired their head of security today
Probably just so Dolan can try to look better.