Author Topic: Iman Shumpert agrees to a four-year, $40M deal with the Cleveland Cavaliers  (Read 4450 times)

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
thats crazyyyyyyyyyyyyy

How do they have this money?

Is Lebron even coming back?

PS. Bradley's contract starting at age 23 looks very good now.
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

Offline Timdawgg

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 623
Man Bradley is looking more and more like a bargain....
A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals.

Push yourself again and again. Don't give an inch until the final buzzer sounds.

Larry Bird

Offline wasi

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 5
$10mil a year for Shumpert is absurd. I get why Gilbert is doing what he's doing.... But man is that tax bill gonna hurt when they take 2nd place again.

It's not at all absurd, it's market value. Bradley is identical to Shumpert and makes 9 million a year.

There is no way Shumpert is identical to Bradley. Avery is a better scorer and a better shooter from the outside. Other than offense they are somewhat similar.

This is very clearly a Lebron move. He'll have them overpay everyone and then when they're screwed in a few years he'll switch teams again.

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
While I understand the new cap ???? shumpert simply isn't that good of a player compared to other nba guys.

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2707
$10mil a year for Shumpert is absurd. I get why Gilbert is doing what he's doing.... But man is that tax bill gonna hurt when they take 2nd place again.

It's not at all absurd, it's market value. Bradley is identical to Shumpert and makes 9 million a year.

There is no way Shumpert is identical to Bradley. Avery is a better scorer and a better shooter from the outside. Other than offense they are somewhat similar.

This is very clearly a Lebron move. He'll have them overpay everyone and then when they're screwed in a few years he'll switch teams again.

Eh....we've had plenty of threads in here the last two years rehashing this point , many people described Shumpert as a Bradley clone.

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Dan Gilbert is going to end up shelling out $200 million in payroll plus taxes this year! 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Dan Gilbert is going to end up shelling out $200 million in payroll plus taxes this year!

Seriously they are going to have the largest payroll in NBA history.

Offline zubi.anaba

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 11

Seriously they are going to have the largest payroll in NBA history.

And like I been saying, the dude is worth 5bill! ... The cap will go up lessening his tax load. Plus pls believe most if not all of that luxury tax money is paying for it self while he has cash cow Lebron on his team!!

He is bringing back a core that is a potential dynasty in the making. No brainer decision really!
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 08:33:36 PM by Roy H. »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2412
4th year is a player option. Bet he opts out for a larger payday in that 4th year.

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
how can the cavs afford to do this? while danny is penny pinching

Offline wasi

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 5

Eh....we've had plenty of threads in here the last two years rehashing this point , many people described Shumpert as a Bradley clone.

Oh I'm sure they have and I don't know their arguments but just look at the scoring outputs and percentages. No Avery is not a ton better offensively but enough for it to be clear that he is.

Iman Shumpert: Career .396% FG shooter---Career 10.8 points per 36
Avery Bradley: Career .435% FG shooter---Career 14.7 points per 36

Avery has the edge in 3P% as well. It's hard to make a case that Avery isn't clearly a better offensive player. I would also argue that his best two offensive seasons which are the last two he was focused on more by the opposing teams than Iman has been.

The contract wont be considered crazy come next season and it was a move they kind of had to make so I don't have a real problem with it. Being that I'm a Celtics fan I wish he got more to further cripple the Cavs in the long run  ;D

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403

Love it. He should buy a billboard downtown that say "I'm all about Runner Up"
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Haha but AB at 8m (I think it's 8 next season and 9 the next 2) is a bad deal? Some of the same people talking about the cap rising were the same ones not caring when people made the argument when AB got his deal. We got AB at what will be so much of a steal it's not even funny, the same people you guys are saying deals will look good after cap increase, AB's will look even better than those.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969

Wow......won't he have to pay some fines ?  ;)

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1550

Oh I'm sure they have and I don't know their arguments but just look at the scoring outputs and percentages. No Avery is not a ton better offensively but enough for it to be clear that he is.

Iman Shumpert: Career .396% FG shooter---Career 10.8 points per 36
Avery Bradley: Career .435% FG shooter---Career 14.7 points per 36

Avery has the edge in 3P% as well. It's hard to make a case that Avery isn't clearly a better offensive player. I would also argue that his best two offensive seasons which are the last two he was focused on more by the opposing teams than Iman has been.

The contract wont be considered crazy come next season and it was a move they kind of had to make so I don't have a real problem with it. Being that I'm a Celtics fan I wish he got more to further cripple the Cavs in the long run  ;D
Shumpert is a better rebounder, passer, shot blocker, and steal generator.  They each generate about the same amount of points per shot (Bradley is 0.02 better).  They each have their strengths and weaknesses.  They are pretty similar players on the whole. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip