Author Topic: Salmons and Miller CHI...Nocioni and Gooden to SAC (Confirmed)  (Read 8890 times)

Salmons and Miller CHI...Nocioni and Gooden to SAC (Confirmed)
« on: February 18, 2009, 02:42:48 PM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 301
  • ranter
http://twitter.com/sacramentokings

Salmons and Brown are being held out of the game - looks like a trade is going down
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 04:58:40 PM by Donoghus »
Faith and Sports - an essay by Jeff Clark

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." - Calvin (Bill Watterson)

Re: Kings: Salmons won't play - trade?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 02:45:06 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Could OKC play him at SG? 

PG - Westbrook
SG - Salmons
SF - Durant
PF - Green
C - Chandler

?

Isn't Salmons just scoring a lot of points, because his team is garbage, though?

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 02:45:17 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Man...  between this and the pending Randolph suspension, my CB keeper league team is toast.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 02:47:06 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Interesting. They say Portland is hot for Salmons (mmmm, hot salmon).

There also been a lot of chatter about a Knicks-Kings swap, with Brad Miller going east. Maybe a three-way deal is brewing?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 03:01:33 PM by Lucky17 »
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 03:40:41 PM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 301
  • ranter
Skeets just dropped this rumor:

J.E. Skeets:  And we've got a little birdie droppin' this ... feel free to chew on it ...

Rumor: Miller and Salmons to Bulls for Gooden, Nocioni, Simmons, Ruffin.
Faith and Sports - an essay by Jeff Clark

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." - Calvin (Bill Watterson)

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2009, 03:43:33 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural

J.E. Skeets:  And we've got a little birdie droppin' this ... feel free to chew on it ...

If true, that move definitely improves the Bulls.  I'm shocked that the Kings would take back Nocioni; he has by far the worst contract in the deal.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2009, 03:44:25 PM »

Offline CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 353

Fine by me.  Keep the trades between mediocre teams.  I want the trade deadline to come and go.  I don't want to see another gift like the Lakers got last year....although that didn't work out too bad for us.  On second thought...  ;)

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2009, 03:52:20 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
Man...  between this and the pending Randolph suspension, my CB keeper league team is toast.

birds are singing and the sun is shining.

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2009, 03:53:59 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

If true, that move definitely improves the Bulls.  I'm shocked that the Kings would take back Nocioni; he has by far the worst contract in the deal.

It's the longest, but I don't know if its the worst.  It drops each year, and he is IMO the best player in the trade (with Miller coming in a close second).

I think this trade makes sense for both teams.  

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2009, 03:58:16 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"

It's the longest, but I don't know if its the worst.  It drops each year, and he is IMO the best player in the trade (with Miller coming in a close second).

Yeah I agree. I've got a lot of love for Nocioni, he's definitely the best in that trade IMO followed by Miller.

Good trade for both teams.

Any chance Ruffin or Gooden get bought out? I'd take both.

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2009, 03:58:49 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural

How is Nocioni better than Salmons?  Salmons scores more, shoots a higher percentage, shoots a higher percentage from three and the foul line, and gets more assists and steals.  Nocioni is a better rebounder.  The turnover rate is about the same, and Nocioni fouls at over twice Salmons' rate.  They're the same age, and Salmons has the better contract.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/fc/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=nocioan01&y1=2009&p2=salmojo01&y2=2009

I think a couple of you guys are either seriously underrating Salmons, or seriously overrating Nocioni.

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2009, 04:06:26 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

How is Nocioni better than Salmons?  Salmons scores more, shoots a higher percentage, shoots a higher percentage from three and the foul line, and gets more assists and steals.  Nocioni is a better rebounder.  The turnover rate is about the same, and Nocioni fouls at over twice Salmons' rate.  They're the same age, and Salmons has the better contract.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/fc/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=nocioan01&y1=2009&p2=salmojo01&y2=2009

Well, I have no numbers to back it up from this season, but put simply, Salmons is fools-gold.  Basically he is Tony Allen with a better outside shot. 

There is a reason they are trying to get what they can for him now, even though he has what appears to be a friendly contract for someone with his numbers.  He is having a career year as his team is hitting rock bottom.

Nocioni is a better career 3 point shooter, and has been much more steady throughout his career (unlike Salmons who is having a "breakout" or "aberation" year, depending on how you look at it).  Nocioni is also a much better defender, and has shown that he is a winner. 

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2009, 04:14:36 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Interesting. They say Portland is hot for Salmons (mmmm, hot salmon).

There also been a lot of chatter about a Knicks-Kings swap, with Brad Miller going east. Maybe a three-way deal is brewing?

But then wouldn't Brad Miller be held out of the lineup?

My guess: Salmons to the Spurs for Oberto+Udoka+draft pick.
{Edit: maybe also cash to be used to buy out Oberto -- I wouldn't mind either of Udoka or Oberto playing for the Cs}
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2009, 04:18:08 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
cbs sports says salmons has a bad back.  maybe just being held out for that.

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2009, 04:19:33 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
cbs sports says salmons has a bad back.  maybe just being held out for that.

;)

yeah, and I have a bridge to sell ya!
Celtics fan for life.