Author Topic: Dog Whisperer  (Read 2205 times)

Dog Whisperer
« on: January 30, 2009, 03:24:57 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Okay this isn't the normal type of entertainment show that is in this forum but does anyone else watch this show? I love it and if you're a dog lover(Guess what? I am. I know, big surprise, huh?) I just can't see how you wouldn't love this show.

Cesar Milan is my hero. The man is unbelieveable and the way he can instantly connect with these animals amazes me. I understand that they edit the film and make it appear as if he is only spending like 5 minutes with every family but there have been times on camera where he just instantly is communicating with a troubled dog.

Has anyone tried any of his techniques? I have with mixed results but I think that might be because my current 75 lb. lap dog of a boxer is a moron. I convinced she's retarded. But I have used his techniques around other dogs and they work wonders sometimes.

Re: Dog Whisperer
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 03:39:58 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
I have watched the show, and I do enjoy it.  I understand they need to keep the show to a half hour, but I wish there was less stuff edited out.  His ability to think like a dog is pretty amazing.
Yup

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2009, 03:50:54 PM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228
I'd like to see him work with dogs that are viscous. He often works with dogs that have trouble controlling their innocent puppy instincts. He does a great job with these dogs, and he makes them easier pets to maintain. However, if he could mellow out viscous dogs he could potentially save lives. Save them from euthanasia and pet owner abuse.

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2009, 04:22:34 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I'd like to see him work with dogs that are viscous. He often works with dogs that have trouble controlling their innocent puppy instincts. He does a great job with these dogs, and he makes them easier pets to maintain. However, if he could mellow out viscous dogs he could potentially save lives. Save them from euthanasia and pet owner abuse.
He does that on the show all the time as he has rehabilitated tons of dogs who's owners have stated it's either help the dog or they are being euthanized. I saw one episode where this dog ripped into his arm while resisting his rehabilitation. His worse cases he always brings into his pack/rehabilitation area and the dog is worked with for weeks. We see a 5 minute snippet but his work off camera in these cases has to be very difficult.