Author Topic: Star Wars: Clone Wars (TV Show)  (Read 36777 times)

Star Wars: Clone Wars (TV Show)
« on: April 19, 2008, 07:47:08 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
i know there are other fans of star wars, other than myself.  the upcoming clone wars series looks amazing.  the link below brings you to where u can view the trailor:

http://www.starwars.com/video/view/000478.html
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 02:29:26 PM by IndeedProceed »

Re: star wars clone wars
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2008, 08:06:01 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Awesome, Dude! I'm psyched ... really sick graphics and chapters ... been reading about it, but this is the first promo I've seen. Sweet ... TP for ya, DL!
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2008, 08:09:09 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
Awesome, Dude! I'm psyched ... really sick graphics and chapters ... been reading about it, but this is the first promo I've seen. Sweet ... TP for ya, DL!

thanks for the TP.  one for you, just bc ur down with the force ;)

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2008, 08:18:41 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Are these a companion to the Clone War cartoons or are they replacing them ???
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2008, 08:38:31 PM »

Offline SquishPCfriar

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 28
  • It's hammer time
This show is gonna be sweet.  I cant wait to watch it!

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2008, 08:43:49 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
Are these a companion to the Clone War cartoons or are they replacing them ???

this will be a weekly television series.  it takes place between episode 2 and 3 and will further build upon the previous clone wars animated volumes.

george lucas will also have a "live series" each week, which is with real actors.  this will take place between episode 3 and 4.

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2008, 08:53:17 PM »

Offline Scott

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108
Thanks for the update.

I found it intersting that he used Thunderbirds as inspiration for the design. 

Thunderbirds takes me back a few years to say the least.

http://www.starwars.com/theclonewars/news/news20080404.html

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2008, 09:03:24 PM »

Offline BASSTHUMPER

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 352
it does look pretty sick...*cool*....

but i been along time han solo fan...i wanna see where he came from and how he met chewy...when i was a young buck i remember books that followed him after the last stars wars movie..but i wanna see how he ticked off jaba the hut..hey harrison ford did the new indiana...they should get him to do that han solo movie...show him and lea married with youngins...i'm a big han solo fan...i cryed a lil when he got frozen in the empire strikes flix...*sips 24oz*

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2008, 09:06:37 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450

but i been along time han solo fan...i wanna see where he came from and how he met chewy...when i was a young buck i remember books that followed him after the last stars wars movie..but i wanna see how he ticked off jaba the hut..hey harrison ford did the new indiana...they should get him to do that han solo movie...show him and lea married with youngins...i'm a big han solo fan...i cryed a lil when he got frozen in the empire strikes flix...*sips 24oz*

Read these books. Very Good.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Han_Solo_Trilogy
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2008, 09:09:42 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson

han saved chewie, thus chewie owed him a "life debt", which is how they became companions.

peep this out for everything han solo.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Han_Solo

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2008, 09:15:58 PM »

Offline BASSTHUMPER

• Bailey Howell
wow d lord and cheif.....han solo was a smuggler..?...he was a hustler..space hustler

solo story is pretty deep...dark...thanks for this...far from what i expected...

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2008, 09:19:43 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
wow d lord and cheif.....han solo was a smuggler..?...he was a hustler..space hustler

solo story is pretty deep...dark...thanks for this...far from what i expected...

no problem bass.  i love star wars as much as i do the celtics ;D

yes, han was a smuggler and pirate.  his witty humor in the film tends to make light of his hustling.  in the expanded universe comics and novels, he was a very deep, dangerous, and callous character.  after episode six, he ends up marrying leia and they have kids.

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2008, 09:24:27 PM »

Offline BASSTHUMPER

• Bailey Howell
the thing bout is that as you read you are able to click names that come along in the story..and characters i never heard of in the films have so much to read about as well...stars wars as a whole is pretty huge..

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2008, 09:36:47 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
the thing bout is that as you read you are able to click names that come along in the story..and characters i never heard of in the films have so much to read about as well...stars wars as a whole is pretty huge..

ur seeing the light my friend, TP for you ;D

star wars is much more than the films everyone is familiar with.  everything outside of the films is considered the "expanded universe", which has infinite characters, stories, planets, creatures, vehicles, weapons, etc.  these are available through comics and novels. these are covered through thousands of years before and after the films as well.

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2008, 09:52:06 PM »

Offline GroverTheClover

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 167
Can't wait for the theatre release of the first two episodes of Clone Wars. But I'm more anxious for Force Unleashed. More canonical backstory between Episodes 3 &4!