Author Topic: 2022-2023 Boston Bruins Season  (Read 44730 times)

Re: 2022-2023 Boston Bruins Season
« Reply #135 on: April 17, 2023, 10:35:16 AM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 886
The injury report has Bergeron as day to day.  Krejci is listed as active (not on the injury report).  This team is so deep that even if we don't have Bergeron for a game or two, I am not that worried.  Assuming that Bergeron is in, the lines line up great:

#1:  Bergeron between Marchand and DeBrusk:  Still a dangerous #1 line.
#2:  Krejci between Zacha and Pastrnak:  The Czech connection line, better than many #1 lines.  Krejci is underrated.
#3   Coyle between Hall and Beruzzi:  Are you kidding me?  This is the #3 line?  40 goals and 71 assists (and Hall missed a bunch of games)
#4   Nosek between Fredrick and Hathaway:  37 goals and 34 assists from the 4th line.  These guys are all big and can play.

Our defense with Orlov is now really solid.  I would put up McAvoy and Orlov with any pairing in the league.  Lindholm has been great all year.  With Carlo, that is a really big pair.  Grzelcyk and Clifton is probably the 3rd pair.  It looks like Forbort is on IR (Foligno too).  Grzelcyk and Clifton are fine, no worse than most 3rd pairs.

All reports are that Ullmark is fine and will start game 1 so no worries on the goalie front.

I would say that this team is about as ready for the playoffs as you can be.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2023, 02:08:54 PM by Vermont Green »

« Reply #136 on: April 17, 2023, 02:12:07 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1623
  • What a Pub Should Be
[dang].  That's an 8:20/mile

Steve Buckley
@BuckinBoston
·
31s
3:38:23 for Zdeno Chara
@bostonmarathon

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #137 on: April 17, 2023, 02:17:14 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
There is currently an illness making its way through the Boston dressing room, which could leave the Bruins without some key players when the puck drops at TD Garden on Monday night. The status of captain Patrice Bergeron remains "TBD" as of Monday morning, with Bergeron one of the members of the team feeling under the weather.

Goaltenders Linus Ullmark and Jeremy Swayman are also dealing with the bug, leaving their status up in the air for Monday night. Boston recalled goaltender Brandon Bussi from Providence for purposes of emergency, with Bussi set to serve as the team's third goalie for tonight's game.

Montgomery said that the bug has been going around the team for the last 10-14 days. It didn't leave him many options for Monday's optional morning skate.  "I don't have a definitive lineup right now," Montgomery told reporters.

So no lineup or no starting goalie for Game 1 at this moment, as Bergeron, Ullmark, and Swayman are all game-time decisions for Boston. Ullmark and Swayman did at least take part in Monday's optional skate.

If you want some good news on the lineup, Montgomery did say that David Krejci will return on Monday after the veteran forward missed the final six games of the regular season with a lower body injury. Veteran defenseman Derek Forbort is definitively in against the Panthers, and winger Nick Foligno will likely play in Monday night's playoff game.

So Forbort is in and Foligno is likely.  I guess Foligno plays if Bergeron doesn't.  Not quite full strength after all.

« Reply #138 on: April 17, 2023, 03:01:19 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
There is currently an illness making its way through the Boston dressing room, which could leave the Bruins without some key players when the puck drops at TD Garden on Monday night. The status of captain Patrice Bergeron remains "TBD" as of Monday morning, with Bergeron one of the members of the team feeling under the weather.

Goaltenders Linus Ullmark and Jeremy Swayman are also dealing with the bug, leaving their status up in the air for Monday night. Boston recalled goaltender Brandon Bussi from Providence for purposes of emergency, with Bussi set to serve as the team's third goalie for tonight's game.

Montgomery said that the bug has been going around the team for the last 10-14 days. It didn't leave him many options for Monday's optional morning skate.  "I don't have a definitive lineup right now," Montgomery told reporters.

So no lineup or no starting goalie for Game 1 at this moment, as Bergeron, Ullmark, and Swayman are all game-time decisions for Boston. Ullmark and Swayman did at least take part in Monday's optional skate.

If you want some good news on the lineup, Montgomery did say that David Krejci will return on Monday after the veteran forward missed the final six games of the regular season with a lower body injury. Veteran defenseman Derek Forbort is definitively in against the Panthers, and winger Nick Foligno will likely play in Monday night's playoff game.

So Forbort is in and Foligno is likely.  I guess Foligno plays if Bergeron doesn't.  Not quite full strength after all.

Wonderful. Gonna stink if their magnificent season gets derailed by some mystery illness.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #139 on: April 17, 2023, 03:29:45 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25611
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Wonderful. Gonna stink if their magnificent season gets derailed by some mystery illness.

If at least one of the goalies is good to go, I think we'll be okay.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #140 on: April 17, 2023, 04:43:19 PM »

• Satch Sanders

If at least one of the goalies is good to go, I think we'll be okay.

I hope you're right.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #141 on: April 17, 2023, 08:05:03 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3029
  • On To Banner 18!
What a pass from Bertuzzi to Pasta on the PP! 1-0 Boston early  :)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #142 on: April 17, 2023, 08:31:47 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
What a pass from Bertuzzi to Pasta on the PP! 1-0 Boston early  :)

Those two developed real chemistry down the stretch.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #143 on: April 17, 2023, 10:25:53 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
No Bergeron. No problem. B’s take Game 1

1 down, 15 to go!

« Reply #144 on: April 18, 2023, 12:07:47 AM »

• Satch Sanders
No Bergeron. No problem. B’s take Game 1

1 down, 15 to go!

Awesome!

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #145 on: April 18, 2023, 11:31:08 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
Playoff-related, but Maple Leafs lose Game 1 at home 7-3 (!)

Boy this team is cursed in the postseason. You already get the vibe this won't end well for Toronto in their quest to win a first round series lol

« Reply #146 on: April 19, 2023, 10:01:39 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
The Bruins don't look sharp at all

« Reply #147 on: April 19, 2023, 10:10:34 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 741
Not Again !!

The Bruins spend the regular season kicking everybody's ass and then struggle (and usually lose) to an inferior team with a middling goalie who suddenly turns into Patrick Roy.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2023, 10:16:05 PM by tenn_smoothie »
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #148 on: April 19, 2023, 10:11:46 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
5-2… hope this is a wake up call but it’s hard not to feel stressed. And who even knows how long Bergeron remains out

« Reply #149 on: April 20, 2023, 08:32:17 AM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
Out skated in both games really.  Not sure what is going on.  Is FLA better than everyone thought?  Is not having Bergeron really that big of a loss?  Did the team let down?  Some of all of the above?