Author Topic: Responses to Super off topic, off topic thread  (Read 721664 times)

Re: Responses to Super off topic, off topic thread
« Reply #435 on: April 22, 2009, 01:15:08 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
Here's what I'm drinking:

(As in right now)

SKÅÅÅÅÅÅÅÅÅÅÅÅÅÅÅL!

« Reply #436 on: April 22, 2009, 01:22:45 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!

been there , done that
beautifull experience to swim and dive with this guys....
TP ACF
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #437 on: April 27, 2009, 02:49:49 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • A Celtic Fan
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 08:53:20 AM by Amager Celtic Fan »

« Reply #438 on: May 05, 2009, 08:51:17 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • A Celtic Fan

Captain, oh, Captain
   Won't you rescue us?

Welcome to Color Hell.

« Reply #439 on: May 05, 2009, 09:00:43 AM »

Online Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3774
  • Yup

(As in right now)

SKÅÅÅÅÅÅÅÅÅÅÅÅÅÅÅL!

Tried this one the other night...Yummy

Yup

« Reply #440 on: May 05, 2009, 09:12:41 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • A Celtic Fan

(As in right now)

SKÅÅÅÅÅÅÅÅÅÅÅÅÅÅÅL!

I'll try it, if I find it.

« Reply #441 on: May 05, 2009, 09:41:10 AM »

Online Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3774
  • Yup

(As in right now)

SKÅÅÅÅÅÅÅÅÅÅÅÅÅÅÅL!

While looking for an image for that one, I came across the Sam Adams web site and saw a whole bunch of other beers I'd never seen before.  They have some "extreme" beers that look they're probably ridiculously expensive, but I'd be interested in trying them if I can find them.

Their summer brews mix back comes with a new Blackberry Ale (I forget the name).  It was all right (definitely better than the Cranberry Lambic Poopy one they used to put in there.

mmmmm...beer
Yup

« Reply #442 on: May 05, 2009, 09:55:21 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • A Celtic Fan
Here's what I want for my birthday:

;)

« Reply #443 on: May 05, 2009, 08:18:17 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43

(As in right now)

SKÅÅÅÅÅÅÅÅÅÅÅÅÅÅÅL!

While looking for an image for that one, I came across the Sam Adams web site and saw a whole bunch of other beers I'd never seen before.  They have some "extreme" beers that look they're probably ridiculously expensive, but I'd be interested in trying them if I can find them.

Their summer brews mix back comes with a new Blackberry Ale (I forget the name).  It was all right (definitely better than the Cranberry Lambic Poopy one they used to put in there.

mmmmm...beer

I will say the imperial is great, the best of the 3 new extreme beers they've put out - only problem is the 10% alcohol content, during a game I may have 2 or 3 beers - 2 or 3 of those babies make it  hard to make it to the 4th quarter
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #444 on: May 05, 2009, 08:19:44 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
also, though its 10 bucks for a 4 pack, a bottle at a bar of corono is 5 bucks, so its cost justifiable

as for the witbier they put out, its ok, tried it at the brewery tour before it was released - they're brick red is awesome though, I think you can only get it on draft at various places, worth it most definitely

« Reply #445 on: May 05, 2009, 08:20:24 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker

...and he duly delivered.

I so want to follow professional soccer, but I've never been able to attach to a team that isn't my home team... any advice?

« Reply #446 on: May 05, 2009, 08:49:44 PM »

Offline Hoyo de Monterrey

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 669

I so want to follow professional soccer, but I've never been able to attach to a team that isn't my home team... any advice?

I actually enjoy this kind of thing... If you're serious about it I can definitely give you some advice. For starters, if you're going Europe you should pick a team in the English Premier League, because that's the best covered European league in the States.

First, identify any aspect of the current professional organizations that you like, as well as what draws you to soccer. For example, do your favorite teams buy high priced veteran talent? Do they specialize in home-grown talent through scouting and drafts? Do you like following young players as they grow up, or would you rather try and win now? For the soccer side, do you appreciate defense, or are you goals goals goals? These can all help narrow team choices.

Also, before you pick check out the team's fan base and passion level, the home field advantage, and even the logo/uniforms if you plan on purchasing anything. You don't want to hop in on a fan base that doesn't care as much as you do. A good home field advantage is definitely something to take into account if youre choosing from scratch.

Learn a little about the history if you want to get invested in a team too, because then you'll feel more connected. Imagine a Celtics fan who never heard of Larry Bird or Bill Russell... Same way with soccer. Ask the Man U fans on this board what they think of a Man U fan who doesn't know George Best, Eric Cantona, or Peter Schmiechel. As a Newcastle fan, anyone who supports Newcastle and doesn't know Alan Shearer should probably take up knitting.

When Simmons tried this a few years ago, he said (and I never thought of it but its a good idea) choose a team that could double as a vacation spot if you felt so inclined.

Hopefully this helps, but more likely it's just ramblings  ;D I enjoy talking about this stuff though.
"Let me call him," Floyd said.

The man shook his head. "O.J. doesn't give out his cell," he said. "He'll call you."

« Reply #447 on: May 05, 2009, 08:54:50 PM »

Offline ToppersBsktball10

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 27
  • Smooth As Silk.
OK [dang it], someone humor me by making a guess at my quiz.  TP to the correct guess.

Either they all beat a number 1 seed when they were in college OR they were all MVPs of something.

it has to do with their names

Larry, mo Curly 3 stooges

Wow I was gonna guess that too and only 7 months late

« Reply #448 on: May 05, 2009, 09:20:33 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker

I actually enjoy this kind of thing... If you're serious about it I can definitely give you some advice. For starters, if you're going Europe you should pick a team in the English Premier League, because that's the best covered European league in the States.

First, identify any aspect of the current professional organizations that you like, as well as what draws you to soccer. For example, do your favorite teams buy high priced veteran talent? Do they specialize in home-grown talent through scouting and drafts? Do you like following young players as they grow up, or would you rather try and win now? For the soccer side, do you appreciate defense, or are you goals goals goals? These can all help narrow team choices.

Also, before you pick check out the team's fan base and passion level, the home field advantage, and even the logo/uniforms if you plan on purchasing anything. You don't want to hop in on a fan base that doesn't care as much as you do. A good home field advantage is definitely something to take into account if youre choosing from scratch.

Learn a little about the history if you want to get invested in a team too, because then you'll feel more connected. Imagine a Celtics fan who never heard of Larry Bird or Bill Russell... Same way with soccer. Ask the Man U fans on this board what they think of a Man U fan who doesn't know George Best, Eric Cantona, or Peter Schmiechel. As a Newcastle fan, anyone who supports Newcastle and doesn't know Alan Shearer should probably take up knitting.

When Simmons tried this a few years ago, he said (and I never thought of it but its a good idea) choose a team that could double as a vacation spot if you felt so inclined.

Hopefully this helps, but more likely it's just ramblings  ;D I enjoy talking about this stuff though.

Much appreciated, are you across the pond? What's the draw for Newcastle? I'm a soccer coach, still play the game, but can't get into MLS - one book I read How Soccer Explains the World turned me on to fandom - the author loves FC Barcelona, not sure what you know about them... I've also read among the thugs, that frankly scared me, but what can you do...

« Reply #449 on: May 05, 2009, 09:47:46 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!

Much appreciated, are you across the pond? What's the draw for Newcastle? I'm a soccer coach, still play the game, but can't get into MLS - one book I read How Soccer Explains the World turned me on to fandom - the author loves FC Barcelona, not sure what you know about them... I've also read among the thugs, that frankly scared me, but what can you do...

Or simply go for the winner
and pick Barcelona FC.
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!