Author Topic: Patriots 2018 Season  (Read 76270 times)

Re: Patriots 2018 Season
« Reply #180 on: December 02, 2018, 07:08:18 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
OK... Nice interception.  Now run the ball.

« Reply #181 on: December 02, 2018, 07:10:13 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
Wow -- Mike McCarthy fired as GB Head Coach.   

« Reply #182 on: December 02, 2018, 07:12:03 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
IMO it’s the correct move. My dad is a pretty diehard GB fan and he was not big on him at all
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #183 on: December 02, 2018, 07:12:04 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
2 C's wins and a Pats win.  Nice weekend.

« Reply #184 on: December 02, 2018, 07:23:27 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Just an outstanding defensive game plan and defensive execution today.

« Reply #185 on: December 02, 2018, 07:55:21 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Defense was FANTASTIC today and also did a good job bringing pressure. I mean, only 5 catches for 28 yards for Thielen? WOW! And also, SCREW Thielen. Guy came across as a clown today with his antics honestly. Glad we stuck it to him at the end and seeing Belichick tell him to "shut the **** up" was lowkey hilarious  :laugh:

Also I can see why folks aren't as high on Kirk Cousins. He did look ordinary today and when they needed him to make plays, he couldn't and just kept checking down (even on 4th and 11, he just threw some 5 yard check down pass lol). Part of it was our defense too though!
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #186 on: December 02, 2018, 07:57:17 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
IMO it’s the correct move. My dad is a pretty diehard GB fan and he was not big on him at all

To be honest though, and I'm sure even your dad would agree, it's not all McCarthy's fault. Just a ton of issues all around and frankly even Rodgers has looked off too (and Crosby as well). Ultimately he was the "fall guy" in this instance, now interesting to see if Rodgers is in GB his whole career or not, and if so, who their next head coach is.

I'm actually a bit surprised they fired him immediately after the game and not end of the season though.

« Reply #187 on: December 02, 2018, 08:13:49 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990

To be honest though, and I'm sure even your dad would agree, it's not all McCarthy's fault. Just a ton of issues all around and frankly even Rodgers has looked off too (and Crosby as well). Ultimately he was the "fall guy" in this instance, now interesting to see if Rodgers is in GB his whole career or not, and if so, who their next head coach is.

I'm actually a bit surprised they fired him immediately after the game and not end of the season though.

Heard there was beef between Rodgers and McCarthy. And, who wouldn't fire a head coach if their team lost at home to one of the worst teams in the NFL while currently going through a losing season.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #188 on: December 02, 2018, 08:21:16 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
Hard to believe that McCarthy, a coach who took his team to the NFC Championship 4 times in 13 years and won a Superbowl just got fired but the good awful coach, Marvin Lewis, is on his 16th season in Cincinnati without having won a single playoff game.

« Reply #189 on: December 02, 2018, 08:23:14 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

Heard there was beef between Rodgers and McCarthy. And, who wouldn't fire a head coach if their team lost at home to one of the worst teams in the NFL while currently going through a losing season.

Bengals with Marvin Lewis?  :P

But yeah there was disagreement and tension between the two for the past few seasons. That said, it won't really matter unless the FO makes legit moves this offseason, or absolutely nail their next HC hiring, otherwise it'll just be more of the same.

« Reply #190 on: December 02, 2018, 08:29:12 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

Bengals with Marvin Lewis?  :P

But yeah there was disagreement and tension between the two for the past few seasons. That said, it won't really matter unless the FO makes legit moves this offseason, or absolutely nail their next HC hiring, otherwise it'll just be more of the same.
Would Josh McDaniels go to Green Bay to coach Aaron Rodgers?

« Reply #191 on: December 02, 2018, 09:40:25 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Defense was FANTASTIC today and also did a good job bringing pressure. I mean, only 5 catches for 28 yards for Thielen? WOW! And also, SCREW Thielen. Guy came across as a clown today with his antics honestly. Glad we stuck it to him at the end and seeing Belichick tell him to "shut the **** up" was lowkey hilarious  :laugh:

Also I can see why folks aren't as high on Kirk Cousins. He did look ordinary today and when they needed him to make plays, he couldn't and just kept checking down (even on 4th and 11, he just threw some 5 yard check down pass lol). Part of it was our defense too though!

This was incredible! I love seeing Belichick get into it  :o

Anyway, crisis averted. After a less than impressive end of the 1st half/beginning of the 2nd, the Pats simply imposed their will on both sides of the ball. Let's hope they can keep this rolling!

« Reply #192 on: December 06, 2018, 11:44:54 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 324
So the Jags continue to suck against everyone not named New England, allowing Derrick Henry to go off tonight for 238 yards and 4 touchdowns rushing. Henry obviously played well, but his "99-yard touchdown run" had quite a bit of help from 3 horrible tackle attempts. I wish the Jags had tackled like that against the Pats.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #193 on: December 06, 2018, 11:51:37 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
So the Jags continue to suck against everyone not named New England, allowing Derrick Henry to go off tonight for 238 yards and 4 touchdowns rushing. Henry obviously played well, but his "99-yard touchdown run" had quite a bit of help from 3 horrible tackle attempts. I wish the Jags had tackled like that against the Pats.

Every team that the Patriots lost to this season have played their Superbowl against New England. Titans got routed b2b. Jaguars irrelevant these days. Lions are bottom-dwellers.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #194 on: December 07, 2018, 12:17:03 AM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 324

Every team that the Patriots lost to this season have played their Superbowl against New England. Titans got routed b2b. Jaguars irrelevant these days. Lions are bottom-dwellers.

Yup. I kinda wish it wasn't so. I mean, on one hand, the Pats have looked bad against some mediocre-to-bad teams, and that's the Pats' fault; on the other hand, I'm like, dang, can't these teams just know their place and stay there? ;D

As a side note, I'd be very unhappy if I were a fan of any of those teams, watching them beat the mighty Patriots but look pretty bad the rest of the time.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis