Author Topic: Gerald Henderson?  (Read 3269 times)

Re: Gerald Henderson?
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2013, 05:55:36 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I'm curious though, didn't they want to move Ben Gordon instead, because he was being a punk?

They have wanted to move Gerald Henderson since the summer. His contract expires this summer and they don't want to pay him what he'll command on the open market.

Trying to get an asset for him rather than lose him for nothing.
Interesting.

I'd love to have Henderson, since I think not having enough big guards hurts us, but will they take Melo + Barbosa + Collins + pick(s)?

And how are we going to shore up the big man rotation. Collins is hardly a world-beater, but I'm skeptical about the possibilities of picking up any NBA-caliber rotation capable big man and teaching him how to play in our system quickly enough so that he can be useful this season.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2013, 06:04:28 PM »

Offline erisred

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 37
I'm curious though, didn't they want to move Ben Gordon instead, because he was being a punk?
Nobody is taking Ben Gordon's $12+ million dollar salary!

As for Henderson, I'd trade them Lee and our 1st for Henderson and Mullens. Henderson could do most (if not all) of what Lee is doing and we really do need some height. Mullens isn't a world beater, but he is young and tall and is actually capable of playing 15 minutes of NBA ball without falling down and hurting himself.

« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2013, 06:09:12 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Mullens isn't a world beater, but he is young and tall and is actually capable of playing 15 minutes of NBA ball without falling down and hurting himself.
You're kidding, right? Mullens is their starting PF, and is playing out of his mind right now. He's also better than any big man not named Kevin Garnett that we've had over the last several seasons.
 He's not going to be a throw-in in a deal like this.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2013, 06:17:54 PM »

Offline erisred

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 37
Mullens isn't a world beater, but he is young and tall and is actually capable of playing 15 minutes of NBA ball without falling down and hurting himself.
You're kidding, right? Mullens is their starting PF, and is playing out of his mind right now. He's also better than any big man not named Kevin Garnett that we've had over the last several seasons.
 He's not going to be a throw-in in a deal like this.
Yeah, I'm kidding...however, I'd sure *like* for the C's to be able to pry BJ loose from Charlotte somehow.

« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2013, 06:18:51 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
Honestly? does nothing to make us better now or in the future...why bother

« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2013, 10:53:27 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
So I tried this trade on espn trade machine and it works:

Boston gets:
Gerald Henderson SG
Bismack Biyombo PF
B Mullens C

Charlotte gets:
Brandon Bass PF
Fab Melo C
L Barbosa SG

Barbosa is an expiring contract so Charlotte don't have to worry about him.  Bass is signed long term and gives them a scoring PF. He can help right away.  Melo is signed to a cheap rookie deal.

For Boston they get two exprings in Mullens and Henderson.  They get a project big man back in Biyombo. 
Mullens and Henderson probably can help this year even they turn into rentals.  Biyombo compensates for losing Fab but he has a bigger cap hit. 

It's kind of a wash for both teams.  But i like the idea of getting Henderson.  If he doesn't work out his salary goes away.  Same for Mullens.

« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2013, 10:55:38 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
would luv this