Author Topic: Does Rozier make Kyrie expendable / tradeable?  (Read 19995 times)

Re: Does Rozier make Kyrie expendable / tradeable?
« Reply #75 on: April 21, 2018, 10:26:42 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
I think Rozier is a good player, and a good upside. But in a world where we dont have Kyrie and we have AD, I think its Smart who fits that team better.

« Reply #76 on: April 21, 2018, 10:39:42 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I think Rozier is a good player, and a good upside. But in a world where we dont have Kyrie and we have AD, I think its Smart who fits that team better.

I would want Rozier. Marcus is a better distributor but AD needs shooters.

But, NOP already is running a 3-guard starting five. Replacing AD with Kyrie doesn’t help.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #77 on: April 21, 2018, 12:09:49 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

I would want Rozier. Marcus is a better distributor but AD needs shooters.

But, NOP already is running a 3-guard starting five. Replacing AD with Kyrie doesn’t help.

Mega-Blockbuster 3-way deal with Kyrie going to SAS, Kawhi going to NOP, and Davis coming here  ;D

Why would SAS choose Kyrie over Davis in trading away Kawhi? I have no idea!

« Reply #78 on: April 21, 2018, 07:11:13 PM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
To answer the OP's question, not really... Kyrie IS injury prone and requires a high quality borderline starter to play behind him for the 20 games he'll miss over an average season.

I think Marcus Smart becomes expendable.

« Reply #79 on: April 22, 2018, 02:13:50 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
No lol. Stop this madness.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #80 on: April 22, 2018, 03:19:59 PM »

Offline bknova

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 73
We're offering a variety of sauces today. A lovely gorgonzola sauce, a marinara, and and Ethiopian Berebere.  Though they are all so different, they accompany crow quite well!

« Reply #81 on: April 22, 2018, 03:22:11 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Good job al

« Reply #82 on: April 22, 2018, 03:23:08 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Very lucky to get that one back

« Reply #83 on: April 23, 2018, 07:05:32 PM »

Offline TheReaLPuba

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 79
If I had to give up either Tatum, Brown, or Irving for Leonard......

...give up Irving (injury prone) and roll the dice.

Play Tatum at the point (he will have to work on his dribbling) as his high IQ and underrated passing ability and size will make him a mismatch nightmare.

Hayward at the 2, Brown at the 3, and Leonard at the 4, Horford at the 5.

Height wise we'd be somewhat smallish but it's ok in the EAST but length wise we'd be pretty solid all across the board.

« Reply #84 on: April 23, 2018, 08:02:01 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
His play since the beginning of March has taken my mind to a weird place - a place where Kyrie is expendable.  Is he?  What if we could package him with some other assets (NOT Jaylen or Jason) to get Anthony Davis?  Just imagine this lineup:

Do you think that after last night?

Of course ;D. Time to rid ourselves of Kyrie #TradeThatBum LOL ;D.

« Reply #85 on: April 24, 2018, 10:22:02 AM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
I would pose the question the other way around: Does Rozier's play make Rozier highly tradeable?

I see no evidence yet the Celtics are a better team with Rozier replacing Irving. Especially considering the small sample size.

The team that started off the season is still the best performing team this year. And that was without Hayward and Morris--for awhile.

With the development of Brown and Tatum, and the return of Irving and Hayward, this will be a 60 win team next year. But the competition, namely the Sixers, will be much better, too. And the Celtics have no answer for Embiid. Their weakness remains the lack of length and rim protection up front. 

« Reply #86 on: April 24, 2018, 10:31:09 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I would pose the question the other way around: Does Rozier's play make Rozier highly tradeable?

I see no evidence yet the Celtics are a better team with Rozier replacing Irving. Especially considering the small sample size.

The team that started off the season is still the best performing team this year. And that was without Hayward and Morris--for awhile.

With the development of Brown and Tatum, and the return of Irving and Hayward, this will be a 60 win team next year. But the competition, namely the Sixers, will be much better, too. And the Celtics have no answer for Embiid. Their weakness remains the lack of length and rim protection up front.
To be honest, we've defended Embiid pretty well so far. In 4 games against us he averages 18.8ppg on shooting splits of .406/.133 which is very acceptable
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #87 on: April 24, 2018, 03:36:17 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Of course they’re not. The defensive potential is higher, but overall the team isn’t going to be better by losing a star.

But that’s not the question. Rather, would the team better with, say, Kawhi + Rozier or Kyrie + Rozier.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #88 on: April 24, 2018, 04:39:11 PM »

Online GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031

Of course they’re not. The defensive potential is higher, but overall the team isn’t going to be better by losing a star.

But that’s not the question. Rather, would the team better with, say, Kawhi + Rozier or Kyrie + Rozier.

Kawhi is the better player, but I think you need to take into account the rest of the roster and see we have Brown, Tatum, Hayward, and Morris to play Kawhi’s minutes.

Are you confident Rozier can be the starting PG on a contender? We know Irving is a champion (as is Kawhi) and have more faith in our talented wings than a Rozier-Leonard tandem.

So the real question is who would you rather have: Irving-Brown-Hayward-Tatum-Horford or some starting lineup with Kawhi and Rozier and one of Hayward/Tatum coming off the bench?
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #89 on: April 24, 2018, 04:45:29 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

Kawhi is the better player, but I think you need to take into account the rest of the roster and see we have Brown, Tatum, Hayward, and Morris to play Kawhi’s minutes.

Are you confident Rozier can be the starting PG on a contender? We know Irving is a champion (as is Kawhi) and have more faith in our talented wings than a Rozier-Leonard tandem.

So the real question is who would you rather have: Irving-Brown-Hayward-Tatum-Horford or some starting lineup with Kawhi and Rozier and one of Hayward/Tatum coming off the bench?

Why are people so convinced on kicking Kyrie out the door? As much as I like Kawhi, his integrity and his will to play through adversity has shown me that he isn't as quiet and peaceful as his demeanor shows. Even if his agent advised him not to say anything, the fact that he has been death-fully silent underneath all this scrutiny should raise some eyebrows.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different