Author Topic: Jabari out of Bulls rotation  (Read 1962 times)

Re: Jabari out of Bulls rotation
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2018, 10:02:35 AM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
Has clearly regressed, don't know if it's injuries or mental. He's still only 23 so I suppose he has time to figure it out but this is just sad. Crazy how wrong people (myself included) were about Wiggins and Parker becoming generational players.

Parker has a team option of 20 mill after this season which the Bulls clearly aren't going to pick up, so where do you think he lands? China?
China- maybe in a few years. but someone in the NBA will give him a try on a lower salary and limited minutes/limited role. 

« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2018, 11:14:15 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Has clearly regressed, don't know if it's injuries or mental. He's still only 23 so I suppose he has time to figure it out but this is just sad. Crazy how wrong people (myself included) were about Wiggins and Parker becoming generational players.

Parker has a team option of 20 mill after this season which the Bulls clearly aren't going to pick up, so where do you think he lands? China?
Examples like these two, Okafor, Exum and others are the reason I never go nuts on hype of players coming out of high school being considered awesome draft prospects before even playing a college game or in Exum's case, anything after high school. Sooooooooo many "draftniks" on this site declare high schoolers and college freshmen future NBA greats before they even sniff Summer League or, for that matter, the draft.

I don't watch high school highlights to try to evaluate a player. It's a waste of time given the level of competition, IMO, and very seldom translates to NBA greatness, or even good but not great NBA player. I wait until late in the college season while watching a bunch of college ball to make determinations, and even then, it's still mostly a crapshoot.

Top 5 picks are where you should find the most likely NBA stars, but take a look at some from recent drafts:

#1 Markelle Fultz
#2 Lonzo Ball
#4 Josh Jackson
#4 Dragan Bender
#2 D'Angelo Russell
#3 Jahlil Okafor
#5 Mario Hezonja
#1 Andrew Wiggins
#2 Jabari Parker
#5 Dante Exum
#1 Anthony Bennett
#4 Cody Zeller
#5 Alex Len
#2 Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
#4 Dion Waiters
#5 Thomas Robinson

Sure some drafts are supposed to be better than others. Some drafts are just 1, 2, or 3 player top heavy drafts but even then All-Stars are found lower in the draft. It's just a crapshoot and we shouldn't be surprised when highly drafted players aren't good. It happens every year.

« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2018, 11:16:41 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Sad to see how far Jabari has fallen.  Was a big fan of his when he was coming out of Duke.  It's a [dang] shame what happened with the injuries.  Certainly a bit of a "what if" story...

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2018, 12:55:18 PM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason
2 ACL-s are no joke.

Yeah, he’s a sieve on defense, and those two acl tears are a big reason why

What was his excuse before the ACL tears?

Jabari has game. It's his head and his attitude that are the problem.

Yeah, I'm thinking it's a clash with the coach. Parker is good enough to get more than 4 minutes on the Chicago Bulls. He shouldn't have to be Chandler Hutchinson's backup. That's just absurd.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 01:01:21 PM by Erik »

« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2018, 01:00:51 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
The kid came into the NBA when he was 19 years old. 25 games into his rookie season, he tears his ACL. He tears his ACL again in year 3. That is a lot of lost time playing the game, especially at such a young stage in a players development. I understand Gordon Hayward’s injury is more extreme than tearing an ACL, but Hayward was a seasoned veteran by then and it is still taking time for his game to come back to him. Parker was supremely talented and worthy of being picked so high in the draft at the time. Unfortunately, those two ACL injuries were clearly the driving force behind him not fulfilling the promise that he once possessed. However, I think he could become one of those veteran bench players that can provide 15 points per game, ala a Marcus Morris type.

Marcus Morris is an excellent defender though.

« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2018, 01:03:26 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
2 ACL-s are no joke.

Yeah, he’s a sieve on defense, and those two acl tears are a big reason why

What was his excuse before the ACL tears?

Jabari has game. It's his head and his attitude that are the problem.

Yeah, I'm thinking it's a clash with the coach. Parker is good enough to get more than 4 minutes on the Chicago Bulls.

I don’t think the interm coach is calling the shots though. Most likely management gave the order to focus on Carter Jr. and Markannen and showcase Portis. They likely don’t want to pay Parker next season or waste any more playing time on a guy they are ready to ditch

« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2018, 01:41:40 PM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
The injuries certainly didn't help but his mentality is not the best too.  He went public saying that he is not paid to play defence. Who in his right mind could say in an interview something like that?
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 01:47:58 PM by ederson »

« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2018, 01:51:42 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
This isn’t surprising...

Wasn’t he seen sulking on the bench about lack of PT at one point in the C’s Series?