Author Topic: Hoops Purity & The COVID Effect on the Future of the NBA Product  (Read 903 times)

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
I'm actually really looking forward to seeing how the bubble experiment plays out.  So far it's better than I had anticipated.  I think having this unique set of circumstances will give us a once in a lifetime opportunity to see a stripped down version of the game that could bring about a renewed focus on the purity of the game.  Anyone who has played and loved the game at some point in their life will be able to see a version much closer to their experience than what they will ever have the opportunity to see on an NBA talent level. 

I know a lot of the ways my job has changed since mid-March will have lasting effects moving forward.  There are really a lot of things that simply work better doing it the way we've had to learn to do them. 

What lasting changes could you foresee from this method of NBA-ing?  Or do you think it will be back to business as usual ASAP?

Yup

Re: Hoops Purity & The COVID Effect on the Future of the NBA Product
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2020, 01:46:14 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
Maybe we can stop having sideline reporters interrupt coaches between quarters? I've never valued that as a viewer.

I'm really impressed with the presentation. The court looks sleek and well-lit. It will be interesting to see how dramatic playoff moments play out.

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2020, 01:51:56 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
Maybe we can stop having sideline reporters interrupt coaches between quarters? I've never valued that as a viewer.

I'm really impressed with the presentation. The court looks sleek and well-lit. It will be interesting to see how dramatic playoff moments play out.

I think the competition will be great as long as they keep the virus under wraps in the bubble. 

Also, the clearing out of the bubble as teams get eliminated might be interesting. Literally "win or go home".  Though going home might be as much a reward as a punishment I guess.

Particularly the championship "moment" will be curious. 
Yup

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2020, 02:28:28 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
The whole fan-less experience is certainly going to be an interesting one to watch unfold.  One thing to watch will be whether teams with highly demonstrative personalities will have any advantage given the seemingly overall 'quieter' environment they are playing in.