Author Topic: Brad Stevens Says Hayward Has Dislocated Ankle, Fractured Tibia  (Read 7808 times)

Re: Brad Stevens Says Hayward Has Dislocated Ankle, Fractured Tibia
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2017, 10:26:30 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Did anyone think there was a chance he'd be back this season after seeing it live?

Yes

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2017, 10:32:21 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
After seeing that, I'd say it'd be a minor miracle if he saw the court at all this regular season/playoffs. 

So sick to my stomach.
Yup, just hoping he can come back next season. Hopefully the optimism they are leaking right now is warranted.

« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2017, 10:33:02 AM »

Offline The_Truth

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 28
Im predicting 6 months.. I had exactly the same injury. He will lose explosiveness though...

« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2017, 10:34:21 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
The "optimism" leaking out IS warranted; Hayward's fracture was clean (confirmed by Mike Gorman, who likely has connections with the Celtics medical staff). The worst case scenarios you guys are worried about "out for the season" are for fractures that have ligament or blood vessel damage from what I have heard.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2017, 10:35:15 AM »

Offline The_Truth

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 28
The "optimism" leaking out IS warranted; Hayward's fracture was clean. The worst case scenarios you guys are worried about (put for the season" are for fractures that have ligament or blood vessel damage from what I have heard.

This, my friends.

« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2017, 10:35:48 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
Wilson says Hayward is having surgery tomorrow

Wilson who?

And if he's already having surgery tomorrow then I'm guessing that's a really good sign, because that would indicate a lack of swelling, no?

Maybe that's just my green goggles interpretation.  ;D
I think everyone is trying to be optimistic at this point. But after KG's 08-09 season I just want him to get right for next year.

« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2017, 10:38:56 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
The "optimism" leaking out IS warranted; Hayward's fracture was clean (confirmed by Mike Gorman, who likely has connections with the Celtics medical staff). The worst case scenarios you guys are worried about "out for the season" are for fractures that have ligament or blood vessel damage from what I have heard.
I find it hard to believe that a severely dislocated joint has caused no damage to the surrounding ligaments/blood vessels. We'll wait and see I guess.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2017, 10:39:25 AM »

Offline coffee425

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
Im predicting 6 months.. I had exactly the same injury. He will lose explosiveness though...

He never really had one-foot explosiveness anyway. Most of his dunks were 2-footed.
Gordon's a great player because he always makes the right plays/decisions is a very good shooter.
He'll be fine with a little less verticality. He has enough size and lateral speed to play defense against NBA wings.
Even at the end of the game, we lined up in different formation that he hadn't seen and he called out our play before I got the ball. I heard him calling it out. -John Wall on Brad Stevens

« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2017, 10:43:44 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
I find it hard to believe that a severely dislocated joint has caused no damage to the surrounding ligaments/blood vessels. We'll wait and see I guess.
Its the best case scenario for sure, and probably unlikely if you look at how these sort of catastrophic injuries usually play out. But hopefully its true.

Even then rehab and installing plates/screws is still a long process with a lot of steps where you can have setbacks. I just hope he's back next year and he's right.

« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2017, 10:47:20 AM »

Offline MetroGlobe

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74

False.  This definitely wasn't confirmed.  I believe him that he heard it from team sources.  But as of last night Gordon did not have an MRI.  He may have it in Boston today, but sometimes they actually wait a few days for the swelling to go down before they do the MRI.  If that's the case, we won't know definitively until next week.

« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2017, 10:56:23 AM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
Did anyone think there was a chance he'd be back this season after seeing it live?

Not a chance. Felt his career was in doubt.
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2017, 10:58:07 AM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586

Wilson who?

And if he's already having surgery tomorrow then I'm guessing that's a really good sign, because that would indicate a lack of swelling, no?

Forget Wilson, what does House think?

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2017, 11:00:52 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150

Wilson who?

Forget Wilson, what does House think?

Not House, he has that really bad limp.

« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2017, 11:00:56 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427

Wilson who?

from what i've read that would be correct, they would have to wait for the swelling to go down before operating on him

I still expect him to be shut down for the entire season even in the best case scenario of 4-6 months even if he's ready to go around late April (that puts us around playoff time) but he won't be 100%

« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2017, 11:03:33 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Yeah this is the best-case scenario given how horrible that looked. I couldn't look at the replays for quite awhile but in real-time I thought he had a Paul George-style open compound fracture and possibly tore the knee too.

It's not inconceivable he comes back this year but I wouldn't count on it at all.