Author Topic: Anyone gain a lot of respect for LeBron?  (Read 15991 times)

Re: Anyone gain a lot of respect for LeBron?
« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2014, 03:48:08 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Actually check that opinion, I have lost respect for Lebron bc he wants to live in Ohio and can choose to live anywhere else in the US.

Well, you just insulted all of rural America. What's wrong with living in Ohio, or any other "cold weather" location? Why are big cities so great? The crime? The gangs? Having all those bars and strip clubs where guys can get in trouble? And have you ever been in L.A. in the summer? It sucks. It's 95-100 degrees here all the time. Phoenix is even worse, routinely over 100. I'm from Maine, and I'd much rather live there than Southern California.

I'm pretty sure he just insulted Ohio.  Cleveland isn't rural anyway.  I'd much rather live in, say, rural Colorado or Oregon than any city in Ohio, Western NY, or anywhere else in the old Rust Belt.  It's just not a nice area (in my experience).
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 03:56:35 PM by foulweatherfan »

« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2014, 03:48:41 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Udonis Haslem.

« Reply #47 on: July 11, 2014, 03:49:01 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
I'm not surprise people are still complaining about his move.  People whined when he left the Cavs and join the Heat, people are still whinning after returning to the Cavs.  [dang] if you do, [dang] if you don't.  I'm glad he stopped caring what people thinks.  I'm glad he stopped pandering to people's "feelings" and emotions.  You can't please everyone and you won't please everyone.  It's just impossible.  All he needs to do is throw his middle finger up and say FTW and I'm glad he's finally doing it.

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #48 on: July 11, 2014, 03:49:48 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I respect him for  making the only decision that makes sense. Shows he is not dumb.

Again, anyone that did not see was just plain in denial.

I have stated the reasons, and will not repeat it here. There was just no other decision for the best player in the world.

You do not continue to play second to Wade, you do not go and join Kobe, you do not go and join Howard, or Rose.

You go back to your hometown, win them a Championship and the City is yours!!!!

I want to ask your opinion on this.

Will he choose Cleveland if they don't have Kyrie Irving, Andrew Wiggins and/or the ability to trade and retain Kevin Love? Or just stay in Miami and run it again?

2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #49 on: July 11, 2014, 03:51:18 PM »

Offline Dchuck

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 72
Not me.  Again he took the easy way out.  Except this time he uses the excuse of "going back home".  If Kyrie is not there, he doesn't go.  If Cleveland doesn't have the ability to make more moves (becuz of moveable assets) he doesn't go.  He saw the writing on the wall in Miami.  His chances, moving forward, are better in Cleveland.

He's making the right basketball decision, for sure. You can't blame him for that.  But don't give me the whole sentimental, noble BS we will be inundated with for the next 6 mos.  If Cleveland's prospects weren't bright, he would not be going there.

D Wade got the short end of the stick on this one.  Bosh will get his money and a legit contender.  Miami fans get to jump off the bandwagon.  Riley...who cares.  But wow D Wade got burnt!

« Reply #50 on: July 11, 2014, 03:53:50 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Not me. Again he took the easy way out.  Except this time he uses the excuse of "going back home".  If Kyrie is not there, he doesn't go.  If Cleveland doesn't have the ability to make more moves (becuz of moveable assets) he doesn't go.  He saw the writing on the wall in Miami.  His chances, moving forward, are better in Cleveland.

He's making the right basketball decision, for sure. You can't blame him for that.  But don't give me the whole sentimental, noble BS we will be inundated with for the next 6 mos.  If Cleveland's prospects weren't bright, he would not be going there.

D Wade got the short end of the stick on this one.  Bosh will get his money and a legit contender.  Miami fans get to jump off the bandwagon.  Riley...who cares.  But wow D Wade got burnt!

Here, please take my TP.

Thank you.

« Reply #51 on: July 11, 2014, 03:54:27 PM »

Offline Rakulp

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 78
Gain respect?  Hmmmm...not so much that, but understand his logic in making the choice he did.

As I posted in another thread, young and stupid go together...what he did earlier, in leaving Cleveland for the "bright lights" is nothing more than the prodigal son's story.  He had a lot of success, as the prodigal son did until HIS money ran out (won't happen with Lebron :) )...

...but apparently something else was missing...and now he's going home.

It's what he should have done...it's what I would have done in his shoes...now it's up to the people of Cleveland to either accept him back with open arms, or dwell in the past.  Some will carry a grudge the rest of their life, others will be glad he is back.

Rak

« Reply #52 on: July 11, 2014, 03:56:00 PM »

Offline coco

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 146
I never had a problem with LeBron.  Except for the "Decision" back a few years ago. 

I think its good for him and the NBA that he is returning to the Cavs.  Yes, the Cavs will be tough to beat from now on, but that's what you get with 4 number one picks playing on the same team.....the oldest being LeBron at what? 29?  wow....

...in fact, As a Celtics fan, I hate Judas "Ray" Allen more than I do LeBron.  I just can't forgive him for leaving the Cs to go and play for the team that just eliminated him.  I just can't get over it.  Can't wait until he - Judas - is retired.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 04:17:21 PM by coco »

« Reply #53 on: July 11, 2014, 04:00:15 PM »

Offline DraftSmart33

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
His decision to leave was everything I hate about sports and in his return I see everything I hope for.  As a New England kid growing up and living southern Maine I grew up loving the C's, Bruins, Sox, and Patriots.  Their success was our success and a reason to be proud of where we are from.

It killed me that Lebron grew up in a place who's identity was closely tied to it's sports franchises much like ours, and some how came to the decision to walk away.  In fact I hated him for it.  In his return and his open letter to the public I'm very pleased.  You won't here Queen James again from poster..In fact I'm hoping he can bring the promise the fans in Cleveland deserve.

http://www.si.com/nba/2014/07/11/lebron-james-cleveland-cavaliers

"My relationship with Northeast Ohio is bigger than basketball. I didn’t realize that four years ago. I do now."

« Reply #54 on: July 11, 2014, 04:03:42 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Like wallace said lebron doesnt have the fight jordan/kobe have.

If the cavs didnt have irvng and were not potentislly up to get love would lebron comeback?

« Reply #55 on: July 11, 2014, 04:03:42 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
His decision to leave was everything I hate about sports and in his return I see everything I hope for.  As a New England kid growing up and living southern Maine I grew up loving the C's, Bruins, Sox, and Patriots.  Their success was our success and a reason to be proud of where we are from.

It killed me that Lebron grew up in a place who's identity was closely tied to it's sports franchises much like ours, and some how came to the decision to walk away.  In fact I hated him for it.  In his return and his open letter to the public I'm very pleased.  You won't here Queen James again from poster..In fact I'm hoping he can bring the promise the fans in Cleveland deserve.

http://www.si.com/nba/2014/07/11/lebron-james-cleveland-cavaliers

"My relationship with Northeast Ohio is bigger than basketball. I didn’t realize that four years ago. I do now."

I agree with you to a degree.

I really hope that Cleveland misses the playoffs, though -- their arena + uniforms are hideous.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #56 on: July 11, 2014, 04:05:54 PM »

Offline sunnyd656

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 21
Yeah I gained a lot of respect for him ditching miami, the same way he ditched cleveland?

He did ring chasing in his prime, instead of at the tail end of career.

Woulda had a lot more respect if he stayed in Miami the rest of his career.

I lost even more respect for Sportscenter. Haven't seen so much coverage of one particular event since 2001.
  Every year there are 6-7 teams with a lower winning percentage than our current record. I think we've gotten so used to ignoring the bottom feeders since 2008 that we've forgotten how bad some teams are.

« Reply #57 on: July 11, 2014, 04:06:05 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Like wallace said lebron doesnt have the fight jordan/kobe have.

If the cavs didnt have irvng and were not potentislly up to get love would lebron comeback?

No, he'll probably go to Houston.

« Reply #58 on: July 11, 2014, 04:12:35 PM »

Offline staticcc

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38
How can this be the easy way out? If he stayed with the Heat, they would have had a better shot than what Cleveland has now. No playoff experience at all, including Love if he gets there. No way Cleveland wins this year, Miami at least had the chance if Lebron stayed. So no, this wasn't the "easy way out".
"The bigger the lie, the more they believe." - Bunk

« Reply #59 on: July 11, 2014, 04:19:46 PM »

Offline TwinTower14

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
How can this be the easy way out? If he stayed with the Heat, they would have had a better shot than what Cleveland has now. No playoff experience at all, including Love if he gets there. No way Cleveland wins this year, Miami at least had the chance if Lebron stayed. So no, this wasn't the "easy way out".

Thank you kind sir - completely agree...not mention the pressure to bring a title to a town that never had one....and it just happens to be your hometown....yea that's easy...