Author Topic: Is it the most boring NBA playoffs in a long time?  (Read 4444 times)

Re: Is it the most boring NBA playoffs in a long time?
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2010, 05:06:50 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
[Back to the topic, Its not boring as long as Celtics are playing. If Celtics get eliminated I simply stop watch.   
I feel the same way.  As long as the C's are still playing, the playoffs are exciting.  Once they're out, I don't care about basketball anymore until the Draft

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2010, 05:27:28 PM »

Offline FallGuy

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 70
I guess I've never understood checking out when the Celtics do. I love the NBA and will watch all the way through to the last game of the finals. How can you not love Phoenix vs. L.A.? That's going to be a great series. And in the now unlikely event it's Cleveland vs. Orlando, I think there's still plenty there to interest any basketball fan.

Do you guys think Celtics fans are often not general-NBA fans?

« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2010, 05:31:59 PM »

Offline ToppersBsktball10

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 27
  • Smooth As Silk.
They're not over yet. Pretty exciting so far. It doesn't need to have a buzzer beater for it to be exciting.

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2010, 05:32:56 PM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 170
I think it is. I just haven't been invested outside of the Celtics like I usually am. What would the NBA do without us? Seems like we're the only ones that can be counted upon to deliver at least one very entertaining series. Or maybe that's the homerism talking  ;D
Tommy: He's got a line about me. Tell him the line.

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.

« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2010, 06:14:54 PM »

Offline Witch-King

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 143
  • "Just do what you do best" - Red Auerbach
I think it is. I just haven't been invested outside of the Celtics like I usually am. What would the NBA do without us? Seems like we're the only ones that can be counted upon to deliver at least one very entertaining series. Or maybe that's the homerism talking  ;D

Too true. Our series with the Cavaliers has been the only non-blowout this round and even last round the match-up which I thought would be the most exciting (Cavs Bulls) ended in only 5 games. Hopefully the Phoenix Suns can give the Lakers a run for their money otherwise we'll have to make it to the Finals and stop them from winning it all again. The Lakers won it all the year after we defeated them in the Finals and are favored to come out of the West again. I highly doubt the Magic can stop them if they make it to the Finals for the third year in a row...
~W. King of Angmar/Dark Lord Sauron, "Sore-on", "Score-on", "Slore-on"/"W. King", "D. Lord" (Wins, Defense)/"W-itch King" (haha), All I do is win, and Cincy - TayoFromOhio 😄

« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2010, 06:15:46 PM »

Offline FreeGreen

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 19
I'm a huge NBA fan and watch tons of games all year, but once the C's are out of the playoffs I only stick around long enough to make sure the Lakers lose.

Once that happens, I'll catch a game here and there but I skip all the pre-game stuff ('cause I hate seeing the highlights of the team who knocked out the C's.)