Author Topic: 2013 NBA Playoffs  (Read 266474 times)

Re: 2013 NBA Playoffs
« Reply #1890 on: June 06, 2013, 11:45:05 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2715
Am I the only one here who thought LeBron was passing the ball too much in the 4th?

He and Bosh took some ill-advised threes in the fourth.

Other than that LeBron was fantastic down the stretch.

Where was Wade in the 4th? He totally disappeared.

« Reply #1891 on: June 06, 2013, 11:45:50 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2416
Am I the only one here who thought LeBron was passing the ball too much in the 4th?
Yeah. When the Heat were struggling early and midway through the period, I would have liked to see LeBron step up and answer the bell like Timmy Duncan did in the 2nd quarter for San Antonio when the game was getting away from the Spurs. Didn't do it.

Started to make a lot of non-scoring plays after that though. Big defensive plays. Huge rebounds in traffic. Very good passing. Too talented a scorer to take a backseat though. Waited too long. Miami needed him to step up more.

« Reply #1892 on: June 06, 2013, 11:46:32 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Parker's shot was fantastic.

« Reply #1893 on: June 06, 2013, 11:47:26 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.

More like the entire second half.

« Reply #1894 on: June 06, 2013, 11:48:27 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
1 down, 3 to go for the Spurs!

« Reply #1895 on: June 06, 2013, 11:49:43 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

So Wade was MIA, Lebron didn't want to shoot, and Bosh was chucking threes. The Spurs were in their heads big time.

« Reply #1896 on: June 06, 2013, 11:50:43 PM »

Offline celtsfan84

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 80
LeBron James, the best and most athletic player on the planet, the current league MVP and a dominant scorer, finished with a triple double and shot only four free throws in a 4 point loss.

Maybe all of the LeBron James Conspiracy Theorists will calm down for at least a game or two?  Let's hope we can all just enjoy the series instead of making conspiracies out of thin air.

Anyway, great win for the Spurs without playing an overwhelming game.  The Spurs can replicate this type of performance three more times and win this series.

« Reply #1897 on: June 06, 2013, 11:51:18 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney

So Wade was MIA, Lebron didn't want to shoot, and Bosh was chucking threes. The Spurs were in their heads big time.

The issue was that SAS came back.  When Leonard made that putback to give them the lead, MIA folded.  Like they played very different the rest of the game.

« Reply #1898 on: June 06, 2013, 11:52:13 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
LeBron James, the best and most athletic player on the planet, the current league MVP and a dominant scorer, finished with a triple double and shot only four free throws in a 4 point loss.

Maybe all of the LeBron James Conspiracy Theorists will calm down for at least a game or two?  Let's hope we can all just enjoy the series instead of making conspiracies out of thin air.

Anyway, great win for the Spurs without playing an overwhelming game.  The Spurs can replicate this type of performance three more times and win this series.

The scary thing is SAS weren't making many of their outside shots and still won.

« Reply #1899 on: June 06, 2013, 11:52:22 PM »

Offline MVPPierceNoJoke

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106

The Spurs didn't turn the ball over and rebounded. Thats where Wade has been doing his damage lately.

« Reply #1900 on: June 06, 2013, 11:54:00 PM »

Kiorrik

And now for my third most favorite thing to do in life....watch a dejected heat presser.
Third. Nice. 1 = Celtics win presser, 2 = Lakers loss presser?

Or are we talking other activities as well? ;)

Regardless, GO SPURS!!!

« Reply #1901 on: June 06, 2013, 11:54:40 PM »

Offline celtsfan84

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 80

The scary thing is SAS weren't making many of their outside shots and still won.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too.  This wasn't even an A+ or an A performance out of San Antonio on offense.  This type of performance can definitely be replicated (or surpassed) three more times.

« Reply #1902 on: June 06, 2013, 11:57:17 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
If the Spurs play like that again and just hit 35% or better of their threes . . . game won't be close.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #1903 on: June 06, 2013, 11:58:45 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too.  This wasn't even an A+ or an A performance out of San Antonio on offense.  This type of performance can definitely be replicated (or surpassed) three more times.

I think SAS is going to have to slow it down though.  There were times where I felt they were playing right into MIA's hands.

I trust Pop to made the right adjustments.

« Reply #1904 on: June 07, 2013, 12:05:56 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
So are Wade and Bosh really that much better right now than '07 Larry Hughes and Big Z?
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain