Author Topic: My top 20 for the 2015 Draft  (Read 2348 times)

My top 20 for the 2015 Draft
« on: April 02, 2015, 02:22:10 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Please see my top 20 below, Feel free to comment on mine or leave your own.

Here is my board
1. Okafor- I still think his post scoring is so valuable in today's NBA. With every team going small and running the ball, Okafor will punish teams who attempt to do so. His defense isn't great now but I think he will end up being a similar quality defender to Hibbert once he gets in shape.
2. Towns- Skilled 5 who can defend the rim, shoot and score from the post, more rounded than Okafor but Okafor's best talent is better than that of Towns
3. D'Angelo Russell: I think he is going to end up being a franchise level scorer, hopefully his defense improves.
4. Mudiay: I've only seen clips but his strength size and athleticism at the point guard position give him a high upside even if he is an unknown.
5. Porzingis: Again only seen clips, but he is extremely long, can shoot and is mobile. He is skinny but I think he has the frame to gain weight.
6. WCS: I love WCS, but he doesn't have the upside as an offensive player that the guys above him do. He has the makings of an all NBA defender some day
7. Justise Winslow: Great defender, great athlete, great in transition. Can make the spot up 3, just don't ask him to create.
8. Mario Hezonja: He is only 20 and playing in one of the best foreign leagues in the world. He is tall, pretty athletic and can shoot. Worry about the rumors he is difficult but I think he will be able to score at the next level.
9. Stanley Johnson: Has the strength to be a really good defender at the next level, and I expect his mental lapses on that end to abate as he matures. I prefer him to the other SF in the draft because I think he is the best at creating shots for himself, while Oubre, and Winslow are more spot up shooters.
10. Turner: Will be able to block shots in the NBA and knock down the 3 once he develops. I think he could be very good but the way he moves makes me very worried about injury.
11. Oubre: Long, athletic and can shoot. He reminds me of James Young, except more athletic and less clueless on defense. He is a project but could pay dividends in the long run.
12. Looney: He is going to be a stretch 4 in the NBA, who can block shots and knock down the 3. He might take a little while to develop but his length and shooting potential make him a high pick.
13. Booker: Can really shoot 3's and this is a 3 point happy league. i see him eventually learning to create for himself off the dribble but will be a good spot up shooter immediately.
14. Kaminsky: A similar player to Olynyk in that he will be a stretch big in the NBA. The differences are Kaminsky is a better defender (not great but passible) and he doesn't overpass on open shots.
15. Trey Lyles: Overlooked because of the team he plays on, while playing out of position because it's best for the team. He will be a stretch 4 in the NBA with a midrange game that will eventually move out to the NBA 3.
16. Sam Dekker: Great size, good defender and if his 3 point shooting in the tournament carries over to the NBA he will be a good rotation 3 for a long time.
17. RHJ: Will be able to come in and immediately defend at an NBA level. Does the little things to help his team win. Unless he can learn to fix his broken shot he won't be an offensive option in the NBA
18. Malik Pope (if he declares): a 6'10 SF with a great looking shot. He is a ways away from developing but when he does it could be something special.
19. Cliff Alexander: he came into college as an elite recruit then Bill Self did his best to decrease his value. He has great length and strength, I'd be willing to take a run at his upside if he is there with the Clippers pick
20. Kris Dunn: Protypical nba point guard size and great athleticism. I worry about his ability to stay healthy and turnovers.

I hope we somehow get lucky and get two of these guys.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

Re: My top 20 for the 2015 Draft
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2015, 02:31:05 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Towns moved ahead of Okafor for me. Just much more two way potential and a higher ceiling. Think he'd be able to impact the games in more ways than Okafor at the next level.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2015, 02:32:03 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215
I would put Russell and Stanley Johnson higher in the draft and drop Looney and Booker.

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2015, 02:35:06 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
No Poetl?  I thought he was shooting up everyone's boards now.

Also I like Bobby Portis, but I understand why he's not there.

I agree with leaving Montrezl Harrell out

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2015, 02:35:47 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
Towns moved ahead of Okafor for me. Just much more two way potential and a higher ceiling. Think he'd be able to impact the games in more ways than Okafor at the next level.
That is fair, and probably what will happen in real life.

I would put Russell and Stanley Johnson higher in the draft and drop Looney and Booker.
I could see Stanley Johnson moving up to 5 at the highest but I think it's more likely he's in the 7-9 range.

I have Russell at 3. I like him a lot but I don't think he will jump either of the centers who should go 1-2.

Looney has a lot of upside which is why I have him so high. Not sure who behind booker I would rather have than him.

No Poetl?  I thought he was shooting up everyone's boards now.

Also I like Bobby Portis, but I understand why he's not there.

I agree with leaving Montrezl Harrell out
Good catch, I def forgot Poetl, he should be around 11.

Portis looks stiff in his movements to me. I don't think he will succeed unless he becomes a very good shooter in the NBA.

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2015, 03:03:09 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
1- Towns
2- Okafor
3- Mudiay
4- Russell
5- Winslow
6- Porzingis
7- Cauley-Stein
8- Hezonja
9- Johnson
10- Turner
11- Oubre
12- Looney
13- Lyles
14- Kaminsky
15- Poeltl
16- Dekker
17- Booker
18- Portis
19- Dunn
20- Hunter

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2015, 03:09:54 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
1- Towns
2- Okafor
3- Mudiay
4- Russell
5- Winslow
6- Porzingis
7- Cauley-Stein
8- Hezonja
9- Johnson
10- Turner
11- Oubre
12- Looney
13- Lyles
14- Kaminsky
15- Poeltl
16- Dekker
17- Booker
18- Portis
19- Dunn
20- Hunter
What do you see RJ doing in the NBA, I'm torn on him. He seems like he is a good defender and plays hard but it makes me nervous that he wasn't able to consistently create good shots in college.

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2015, 03:12:44 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
1- Towns
2- Okafor
3- Mudiay
4- Russell
5- Winslow
6- Porzingis
7- Cauley-Stein
8- Hezonja
9- Johnson
10- Turner
11- Oubre
12- Looney
13- Lyles
14- Kaminsky
15- Poeltl
16- Dekker
17- Booker
18- Portis
19- Dunn
20- Hunter
What do you see RJ doing in the NBA, I'm torn on him. He seems like he is a good defender and plays hard but it makes me nervous that he wasn't able to consistently create good shots in college.

A lot of scouts think that his low percentages could be a result of him trying to do too much in college and that his game would translate better on the next level.

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2015, 03:14:54 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
1- Towns
2- Okafor
3- Mudiay
4- Russell
5- Winslow
6- Porzingis
7- Cauley-Stein
8- Hezonja
9- Johnson
10- Turner
11- Oubre
12- Looney
13- Lyles
14- Kaminsky
15- Poeltl
16- Dekker
17- Booker
18- Portis
19- Dunn
20- Hunter

A lot of scouts think that his low percentages could be a result of him trying to do too much in college and that his game would translate better on the next level.
I think he could be a really good 3 and d player and with his length he could guard multiple positions, but I think the C's need guys who can create quality shots on offense which is why I wouldn't take him earlier than the Clippers pick.

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2015, 03:31:47 PM »

Offline jonaslopes

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 31
1. Towns
2. Okafor
3. Russell
4. Mudiay
5. Porzingis
6. Winslow
7. Hezonja
8. Johnson
9. Poeltl
10. Oubre
11. Turner
12. Kaminsky
13. Cauley-Stein
14. Looney
15. Dekker
16. Booker
17. Hollis-Jefferson
18. Lyles
19. Dunn
20. Portis

Personal opinion, not a mock, of course.
It's nice seeing him get exposed as overrated after having argued with fellow fans for years that he was overrated.. but I don't hate him. I'm looking forward to seeing him [...] bounce around to a couple more teams... eventually come back to Boston[...] and helps us as a role player until he runs himself out of the league.
LarBrd33 on Rondo

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2015, 03:45:52 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215
1. Towns
2. Okafor
3. Russell
4. Mudiay
5. Porzingis
6. Winslow
7. Hezonja
8. Johnson
9. Poeltl
10. Oubre
11. Turner
12. Kaminsky
13. Cauley-Stein
14. Looney
15. Dekker
16. Booker
17. Hollis-Jefferson
18. Lyles
19. Dunn
20. Portis

WCS at 13? Hoping he falls to Celts or your "honest" opinion?

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2015, 03:48:09 PM »

Offline jonaslopes

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 31
1. Towns
2. Okafor
3. Russell
4. Mudiay
5. Porzingis
6. Winslow
7. Hezonja
8. Johnson
9. Poeltl
10. Oubre
11. Turner
12. Kaminsky
13. Cauley-Stein
14. Looney
15. Dekker
16. Booker
17. Hollis-Jefferson
18. Lyles
19. Dunn
20. Portis

WCS at 13? Hoping he falls to Celts or your "honest" opinion?

No, he must go before, #6 or #7. My list was a personal one, based on my taste. I don't like his game that much.
It's nice seeing him get exposed as overrated after having argued with fellow fans for years that he was overrated.. but I don't hate him. I'm looking forward to seeing him [...] bounce around to a couple more teams... eventually come back to Boston[...] and helps us as a role player until he runs himself out of the league.
LarBrd33 on Rondo