Author Topic: JR and Walker each score 16 for Flash  (Read 4815 times)

JR and Walker each score 16 for Flash
« on: November 23, 2008, 09:30:45 AM »

Online libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 376
Not seeing a box score, but I found this game summary. 

http://www.nba.com/dleague/games/20081122/UTAIDA/recap.html

Re: JR and Walker each score 16 for Flash
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2008, 10:05:41 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
thanks lm for the link.

i enjoy seeing how the newest kids play. playing for the flash will help them develop for later in the season with the celtics i hope.

oh yeah, have a pre-turkey holocaust tp for your good work in posting this.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2008, 11:39:13 AM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
thanks for the info, since walker got demoted as well i've been really looking forward to hearing about how the two of them perform together.

TP

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2008, 12:17:59 PM »

Offline PRIDE

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 41
I cant wait to watch them play in the D-League games. Both of them were top tier college players that should excel in the D-League.

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2008, 11:03:08 PM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 334
  • Anything's Possible
i think it was a good assignment. we should put gabe down there too. they need playing time or their skills will not be sharp when they're needed. wouldn't it be funny if we kept them down there and the flash won the d-league championship?

Become Legendary.

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2008, 11:11:09 PM »

Offline albert

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 39
  • ubuntu.
Bleed Green. What does it mean?

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2008, 11:18:35 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
Tp for the Post.

And tp for who put the boxscore on.

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2008, 11:48:07 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

Really interesting to See Giddens take the lead with 11 shots taken.

I'm sure he really wants to establish himself as a dominant player In the D league. And Show The coaches and Danny that Walker is not necessarily the better player.

16 points, 5 boards, 3 assists, 1 steal, and a turnover.
While Taking as many shots as anyone on the court.

He must of felt At home on the court, like he has his whole life. I just get the feeling with him It's really, really hard, to just play Defense.

If we can get him in the real games at some point. Some serious minutes, He'd do a lot better.

It's just tuff, cause are team is so good.
It's the way it should be though in the Nba.

We are not a development team like we use to be.
We are A Professional Basketball team. With Grown men
Leading the Way. Thirty Something, SuperStars Leading the way.

While really talented rookies, understand they have a long way to go before they can even think about playing major minutes.

Ahhhhh. The Celtics back to where we should be. Talented Punk rookies Can't get no run, Cause we are to darn good.

Thank you Celtic gods...

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2008, 01:44:36 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

Dude, Somebody reply after this. A pretty sweet Post.

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2008, 08:27:44 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632

Really interesting to See Giddens take the lead with 11 shots taken.

I'm sure he really wants to establish himself as a dominant player In the D league. And Show The coaches and Danny that Walker is not necessarily the better player.

16 points, 5 boards, 3 assists, 1 steal, and a turnover.
While Taking as many shots as anyone on the court.

He must of felt At home on the court, like he has his whole life. I just get the feeling with him It's really, really hard, to just play Defense.

If we can get him in the real games at some point. Some serious minutes, He'd do a lot better.

I think I'm one of very few that think Giddens might be better than Walker. I think he might have a more all around game than Walker, but we'll see.  I like them both and think each has very good potential.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2008, 09:13:11 AM »

Offline BillfromBoston

• Author
  • Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 79
There is no question that Giddens has more all-around game than Walker - just watching how they play in college can tell you that - JR is a better passer, better defender, rebounder, shooter....Walker has more hype and is a fantastic worker who should be a good scorer/rebounder/defender at the 3, but he doesn't have Giddens all around skill level...

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2008, 10:20:18 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
There is no question that Giddens has more all-around game than Walker - just watching how they play in college can tell you that - JR is a better passer, better defender, rebounder, shooter....Walker has more hype and is a fantastic worker who should be a good scorer/rebounder/defender at the 3, but he doesn't have Giddens all around skill level...

To be fair though, Giddens also has (essentially) 3 extra years of experience on Walker.

I agree (and I think it is hard for anyone to argue otherwise) that Giddens has a more well-rounded game right now, but I still see Walker as the better prospect down the road, mostly because of his attitude, and competitiveness. 

Walker seems to have that rare quality you see in professional athletes, that he just wants it more than everyone else.  He has a ways to go, and a lot of skills to learn before he is any more than a role player at best, but much like Leon Powe, he seems to have the drive, and the physical talent to beat the odds.

Giddens on the other hand reminds me of Marcus Banks.  He has tremendous skills and talent, and is really very advanced, however, there just seems to be something missing.  Whether it is intelligence, or the unmeasurable "coachability", he doesn't seem to really get it.  I really hope I am wrong about him, but  I just don't get a feeling he will ever amount to anything more than a role player, even though he has the talent of a star.

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2008, 11:11:30 AM »

Offline thecaptain34

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 12
are these games on NBAtv? somewhere on the net? where can I watch

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2008, 11:16:07 AM »

Online Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Yup

« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2008, 11:24:08 AM »

Offline SShorefan 3.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 202
it's still pre-season in the NBA-DL.  Even the Salt Lake paper isn't covering this team.  Yikes.
I love my kids - Call me a sap, but it's true.