Author Topic: Lets hear some praise for Rondo!  (Read 3642 times)

Lets hear some praise for Rondo!
« on: November 20, 2008, 10:25:07 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
As a response to the excuse thread now that he's found his rhythm these past couple of games. Rondo is playing like the player we thought he could be, I for one am glad to see it.

Re: Lets hear some praise for Rondo!
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2008, 10:28:27 PM »

Offline GreenPride

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 10
As a response to the excuse thread now that he's found his rhythm these past couple of games. Rondo is playing like the player we thought he could be, I for one am glad to see it.

Exactly.  He's being aggressive tonight and attacking the lane.  Some really nice drives to the basket tonight.  Keep this thing going!

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2008, 10:33:02 PM »

Offline cornbreadsmart

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
sigh. i envy rondo's handle soooo bad. man, i wish i had that kind of control when i played. must be great to hardly ever have to cough up the ball thru pressure. that's the thing that really blows me away about him.

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2008, 10:36:32 PM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
It's all about stringing games like this together.  He needs to become more consistent instead of teasing us with his capabilities.

Great thread by the way, TP.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2008, 11:12:11 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
Great game tonight by Rondo.  All he needed imo was to be more aggressive and take the open shots.  I was at the game the other night against the Knicks and he knocked down multiple jumpshots in a row during warmups, some 3 pointers too.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2008, 01:27:45 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
Rajon made a three, woohoo!
Seriously, when he plays like
this, we are almost unstoppable.
I like it.

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2008, 02:33:21 AM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
Hopefully these last two games will be a sign of things to come for Rajon. Hated seeing him so passive. He's too good and too nifty a player to be so unagressive.

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2008, 02:42:45 AM »

Offline bucknersrevenge

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 170
Praise for one game like this is nice but then again we've seen him do this in games before. As the previous poster said, the trick is for Rondo to do this more consistently.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity...

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2008, 07:12:45 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
Praise for one game like this is nice but then again we've seen him do this in games before. As the previous poster said, the trick is for Rondo to do this more consistently.

two in a row now, but who's counting  :)

i was just happy he was aggresive with his shots and drives.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2008, 08:31:13 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
How do you guys highlight what someone else wrote and put it at the top of your post?

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2008, 08:40:36 AM »

Offline rondilla

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 8
Setting picks for Rondo makes him aggressive. It also makes the Celtic offense very sacry.

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2008, 08:45:53 AM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
How do you guys highlight what someone else wrote and put it at the top of your post?

You hit the "quote" button in the other person's thread and put your entry below the last "quote" phrase under their paragraph. If there are multiple ones make sure that you go to the very bottom or your words get buried in the middle of the upper ones.

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2008, 08:50:07 AM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
No one on here has questioned the fact that when he is aggressive to the rim that he makes our offense so much better. He did that tonight and we looked good. It helps when he goes against a poor defender like Iverson though. He needs to make sure that he is just as aggressive against a Billups type player.

As far as his outside shooting, the three was nice. He seems to shoot a whole lot better when he is moving towards the basket instead of standing still and squaring up. I think he just thinks about it too much then. That jumper from the corner he took was horrible and not even close. He'd be better off to catch the ball, dribble a couple feet in and shoot his jumper while moving.

Nice game though Rondo. When you play like that and the rest of the team plays good D like they did, we are the best.

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2008, 08:50:17 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

You hit the "quote" button in the other person's thread and put your entry below the last "quote" phrase under their paragraph. If there are multiple ones make sure that you go to the very bottom or your words get buried in the middle of the upper ones.

Thanks!

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2008, 08:51:39 AM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

Thanks!

Perfectly executed moiso! Now if someone can tell ME how to put in the images and videos we'd be all set! TP to you.