Author Topic: Quentin being Quentin  (Read 10679 times)

Re: Quentin being Quentin
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2008, 09:19:32 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
I think it's pretty stupid of anybody to pass judgment on Q without knowing what Leon actually said to him, everybody's got a breaking point.

From what I could gather it was something along the lines of "Get a ring."

I heard Q's soundbytes on WEEI this morning and they attributed the "Get a ring" comment as the impetus for Q's comments.
Yup

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2008, 09:45:33 AM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
i'd pay money to watch a brawl between Q-Rich and Randolph versus Powe and Perk...yeah, i'd pay a good chunk of change to see that one in a dimly lit alley...
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2008, 09:46:04 AM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
Q shouldn't be talking because it doesn't matter if he is curious about a different playing forum other than the NBA.

They play in the NBA, not on the streets of Coney Island.

In the NBA, the Celtics are the champs and they can talk all they want.

Q was overrated in LA and in Phoenix he was made by Nash and the offensive system. In NY, Q is nothing but a scrub.

« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2008, 11:02:56 AM »

Offline KevinGamble

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 26
  • MWMWMWMWMWMW
I've never seen pierce laugh so hard while taking foul shots.  What was going on there? 
"You're skating on pretty thin ice around here, McGee!"
"Sounds like the ice's problem."

2 for the Show!
GO CELTS!

« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2008, 11:08:44 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
I've never seen pierce laugh so hard while taking foul shots.  What was going on there? 

I believe the aforementioned Q was trying to get his trash talk on to paul, and paul was doing the best thing you can do to a trash talker, laugh at him  :)

“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2008, 12:30:42 PM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
If all Powe said was "get a ring", then A.) that's very funny, ad B.) Richardson's comments are even more off base than I thought.    Powe's right.  In that sense he has done a lot more than Richardson has done in his career.  I wouldn't advise Leon brining up the whole ring thing if Barkley, Malone, or Stockton were still on the court.  But to a bum like Richardson who loves to talk trash, that would be my first retort as well.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2008, 12:38:05 PM »

Offline CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 353
If all Powe said was "get a ring", then A.) that's very funny, ad B.) Richardson's comments are even more off base than I thought.    Powe's right.  In that sense he has done a lot more than Richardson has done in his career.  I wouldn't advise Leon brining up the whole ring thing if Barkley, Malone, or Stockton were still on the court.  But to a bum like Richardson who loves to talk trash, that would be my first retort as well.

I'm not sure that would be the best course of action by Powe.  That would assume that Quentin Richardson cares about winning.  All he cares about is his stats, which unfortunately for him, also suck.  I think the best thing for Powe and the rest of the Celtics players to do is just laugh at all the Knicks players talking smack.

There's a reason the Knicks player talk so much before, during and after games.  It takes emphasis away from their "performance" on the court.

« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2008, 02:00:48 PM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • I left Indiana. Because it was horrible.
Idiots walk the face of the earth
so that the rest of us know how
not to behave and carry ourselves.

It's as easy as that.

Man, Amager, I love the line breaks in your posts.  It's like you're a poet of Celtics related activities.  Any chance you can write us a sestina for Eddie House this week?
CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

DKC Bucks. Also terrible.

http://www.anchorofgold.com

« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2008, 03:38:58 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
Yawn.

I think its funny that he was quoted saying "I know theyre the champions and rah rah rah."  because wasnt it this time last year he was running his mouth about how overrated we were.

Then we took a big giant pee on them, a 40 point pee to be exact.

Kinda puts everything that Q Rich has to say in perspective.
Greg

« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2008, 04:16:09 PM »

Offline Scott

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108
Quentin who?

The only way he can keep any mention of himself in the media is by mouthing off to draw some attention.  His level of play isn't giving him any headlines and nobody cares who is.  Every time his mouth opens his IQ drops.  The more he talks the stupider he looks.

« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2008, 05:14:56 PM »

Offline fmf2

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 11
1. It is not right for a former MVP (KG), future Hall of Famer on a first place team to talk trash while beating his team by 45 on national TV (last year).

2. It is also improper for a defending NBA championship MVP/ future Hall of Famer to talk trash to him (last night).

3. Instead, it is totally permissible for QRich to talk whatever trash he wants because he was one of the top ten players last year on one of the worst teams in the history of the NBA.   

It all makes perfect sense.   

« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2008, 08:39:52 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
someone should punch him square in the grill next game.  its worth the suspension ;)

« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2008, 11:49:07 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
Idiots walk the face of the earth
so that the rest of us know how
not to behave and carry ourselves.

It's as easy as that.

Man, Amager, I love the line breaks in your posts.  It's like you're a poet of Celtics related activities.  Any chance you can write us a sestina for Eddie House this week?

I humbly thank thee, Sir.
We'll see about the House thing  ;D

« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2008, 11:55:27 PM »

Offline The Walker Wiggle

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 758
  • Pretend Hinkie
C - Mark Blount/Zaza Pachulia
PF- Anderson Varejao/Maurice Evans
F - Quentin Richardson/Ron Artest
PG- Mike Bibby/Gilbert Arenas/Daniel Gibson
G - Sasha Vujacic/Manu Ginobili/Richard Hamilton

inactive:

Nate Robinson/Kenyon Martin/Al Horford

I stand by my "all hate team"

Oh man, I love at least four of the guys on your "All Hate" Team.

« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2008, 12:17:00 AM »

Offline Truck Lewis

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 1053
  • Reggie "Truck" Lewis
Its pretty clear that Q-Rich is an idiot.

The sad part is he used to be one of my favorite players when he was young on the Clips.  I remember one of the first ESPN the Magazines ever featured Q-Rich, D-Miles, Maggette, and Keyon Dooling.  It was a great article about how they were all good friends and jsut played video games and hoop all day together.  That young (albeit bad) Clippers team became my western conference team to cheer for.  Turned out all those players either ended up busts or overpaid.
Looking for a Sig designer....obviously i will be greatful with tps.

Looking for a Wire - Rondo theme....PM with ideas and I'll tp